Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ales View Post
    Didnt get the last trade on GBPAUD. Status says - Out of range ... what does that mean? Got by default max slippage 3 pips set, could that be the problem? Thanks!
    What broker you with. I got it. 2 trades. You've obviously been slipped. That sucks I assume you got the losing trade?

Comment

• IC markets... should i adjust the max slippage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think it's just one of whose unlucky events, my slippage is set at 3, and I got both trades.

I'm sure at some point I'll be here saying I missed a trade with the same settings as everyone else. Just sodds law it's always the winning trade.

Better luck next time

Comment

• cheers man. just checking if i got it all correctly set up... by the way any idea why do i have last hearbeat in hours not seconds?

Comment

• Maybe it is vps issue? We are flat now, are your trades is closed?
            Check disconnected raports on your email.
            I'm with ICM too for long time, everything is fine.

Comment

• No idea sorry, have a chat with ST Support

Comment

• nope... still all opened...

Comment

nope... still all opened...

Dude your vps is fuct then. Go check it you should be flat. Go go go!

Comment

nope... still all opened...

2.08667 closing price fyi

Comment

• ok, position was closed at 2.08651 ... u mind asking u at what time? im checking the vps functionality...

Comment

ok, position was closed at 2.08651 ... u mind asking u at what time? im checking the vps functionality...

90 minutes ago for me.
                        Last edited by Big River Man; 11-26-2015, 10:17 AM. Reason: Check the master account on myfxbook

Comment

• cheers man. looks like all working. just sods law with that slippage...

Comment

• Turn on email alerts in your control panel. It is very helpful. Alert if signal disconnect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunther View Post
                              I'm sure at some point I'll be here saying I missed a trade with the same settings as everyone else. Just sodds law it's always the winning trade.
                              It's not Sodd's law (as in, a random event that always seems to go against you). It's an undesirable unavoidable consequence of the design of the trade copier.

Consider: if you're late to a trade and price has retraced (i.e. the master trade is in drawdown) then the copier will happily, rightly, enter the trade, because you're getting it at a cheaper price. If it profits, you make more and if it loses you lose less. Because the trade is still open, then the trader still thinks it's going to be profitable, so the trade copier rightly gets in at the cheaper price.

If the price has moved towards profit and beyond the slippage setting, the trade copier won't take it because you're getting in at a more expensive price. If the trade wins, you win less, and if it loses you lose more. The slippage limit is the point you've chose where that risk is just not worth taking.

Comment

• Hi Vijay,

Is it possible to amend your EA so that it does not change Take Profit for about 2 pips (between 2 levels) every time there is a small price move? I don't think it makes any sense and it is quite disruptive because if we set trading notifications, we will receive many trade modification messages.
                                More importantly, there is no meaning in changing Take Profit target for 2 pips every time there is some small price movement.
                                Or perhaps you can enlighten us as to why there is a need to change TP so often?

Comment

Working...
                                X