Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yankees67 View Post
    You say it targets 100 to 200 pips a trade and a 300 pip DD doesn't matter? When was the last time smarttrader booked a 100 to 200 pip profit? I see many more triple digit losses than gains...You can say what you want, but if you believe trading with no stop loss and a huge DD is ok, you're delusional . Have a good day...
    Here you go. You will find it very interesting that GBPJPY acutally takes first place in pips gained ever. Not that pips matter anyway.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
      Here you go. You will find it very interesting that GBPJPY acutally takes first place in pips gained ever. Not that pips matter anyway.
      That's great but I'm talking about recently. I not concerned about something that happened 3 years ago. Most of those trades are from 2013...lol

Comment

• Vijay is right. Drawdown is measured in percentage of balance and is a function of risk profile whereas pips only measure price movement. A trade can be a thousand pips in loss with a very small drawdown or can be 50 pips in loss and near a margin call. Pips alone are irrelevant in the context of drawdown.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by taruh View Post
          Vijay is right. Drawdown is measured in percentage of balance and is a function of risk profile whereas pips only measure price movement. A trade can be a thousand pips in loss with a very small drawdown or can be 50 pips in loss and near a margin call. Pips alone are irrelevant in the context of drawdown.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
          I never said anything about pips alone...But the bottom line is PIPS= CASH, regardless. If you are trading cent accounts, you'll be fine. If you are trading for dollars, not so good...

Comment

That's great but I'm talking about recently. I not concerned about something that happened 3 years ago. Most of those trades are from 2013...lol
            You may be following him "now" or "recently" but he's been trading 3 years ago, he's trading now and will be trading for a long time to come. When he made those 300 pips profit in 2013 it was not just "recently", it was actually "now". Then it became "recently" and now it's "3 years ago...lol"

So imagine "now" is "3 years ago...lol" and imagine he's in a basked of trades and you're concerned. Turns out you shouldn't be. Because after a short while "now" will become "recently" and you'll see 300 pips of profit. And then, 3 years later (say 2016 or so), there will be another basket of trades and somebody will register on this forum and go "wow I see 250 pips of DD on GBPJPY, that's crap trading, I'm unsubscribing".

This is smart trader signal trading, not smart scalper. That's how it trades. I have zero problems being critical, but there's little to be critical about. Yes, it's possible it will get worse before it gets better. Perhaps even likely. Volatility is picking up. But looking at longer term charts I find it highly unlikely that we get forced to take a loss on this basket. Possible. But unlikely.

PIPS is not equal to CASH. Period. I can show you systems with thousands of red pips but with positive outcomes in cash. Pips are useless unless you only ever take 1 trade at a time with a fixed SL in pips and it should be the same every single time. Then you can talk pips. Vijay doesn't trade like that so pips are useless.

If you're OK trading cent accounts then you should be OK trading dollars don't you think? The only difference is it's 100 times bigger.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Comment

PIPS is not equal to CASH. Period. I can show you systems with thousands of red pips but with positive outcomes in cash. Pips are useless unless you only ever take 1 trade at a time with a fixed SL in pips and it should be the same every single time. Then you can talk pips. Vijay doesn't trade like that so pips are useless.
              And it should be the same size as well. Every time. Forgot about that when writing above.

Comment

<Intelligent things>
                Exactly this. Thanks for all the profits so far Vijay.

Comment

You may be following him "now" or "recently" but he's been trading 3 years ago, he's trading now and will be trading for a long time to come. When he made those 300 pips profit in 2013 it was not just "recently", it was actually "now". Then it became "recently" and now it's "3 years ago...lol"

So imagine "now" is "3 years ago...lol" and imagine he's in a basked of trades and you're concerned. Turns out you shouldn't be. Because after a short while "now" will become "recently" and you'll see 300 pips of profit. And then, 3 years later (say 2016 or so), there will be another basket of trades and somebody will register on this forum and go "wow I see 250 pips of DD on GBPJPY, that's crap trading, I'm unsubscribing".

This is smart trader signal trading, not smart scalper. That's how it trades. I have zero problems being critical, but there's little to be critical about. Yes, it's possible it will get worse before it gets better. Perhaps even likely. Volatility is picking up. But looking at longer term charts I find it highly unlikely that we get forced to take a loss on this basket. Possible. But unlikely.

If you're OK trading cent accounts then you should be OK trading dollars don't you think? The only difference is it's 100 times bigger.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
                  You my friend are an idiot...Keep drinking the Kool-aid...

Comment

Honestly. . This is quiet inappropriate ..
                    Some respect to everyone here pls..

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

Your a real joker buddy. You know what shits me, people that get on their high horse without doing their due diligence. I would love to explain to you how your wrong but seeing as your obviously a genius trader of 15 years and you react and speak to people like this then I've decided I can't be bothered explaining this to you. Sounds like you wouldn't be able to comprehend anyhow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                        Your a real joker buddy. You know what shits me, people that get on their high horse without doing their due diligence. I would love to explain to you how your wrong but seeing as your obviously a genius trader of 15 years and you react and speak to people like this then I've decided I can't be bothered explaining this to you. Sounds like you wouldn't be able to comprehend anyhow.
                        I didn't ask for you to explain anything to me. Like I said I've been doing this a long time and trading with no stop loss and trading hundreds of pips in DD is crazy. You all can defend the system all you want, but don't you think it would have been better to exit the trade at a 100 pip stop loss and reenter after you see signs of the current up swing diminishing? He stated that he didn't enter another trade until he saw signs of a turn around, however that was 300 pips later...I'm just saying if he saw no re enter price because the trade was still going against him, why not exit and wait until you see the re entry signals?

Comment

I didn't ask for you to explain anything to me. Like I said I've been doing this a long time and trading with no stop loss and trading hundreds of pips in DD is crazy. You all can defend the system all you want, but don't you think it would have been better to exit the trade at a 100 pip stop loss and reenter after you see signs of the current up swing diminishing? He stated that he didn't enter another trade until he saw signs of a turn around, however that was 300 pips later...I'm just saying if he saw no re enter price because the trade was still going against him, why not exit and wait until you see the re entry signals?
                          Hey bro ... if u Dont like the signal .. simply unsubscribe ..
                          And i am sure your 15 years experience will give u much better results..
                          I believe signals are for people who dont know how to trade well like me ..
                          But with ur experience. ..u r wasting ur money and time ...
                          As long as u can do it better dont hesitate. ..
                          N.b. 4% dd is nothing to anyone here on this site .. if u cant handle it .. u can leave ... as u will see it and much more dd frequently. . And u will also see winners at the end..
                          Enjoy mate

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

You havent done any due diligence and your likely over leveraged otgerwise you wouldnt be fussed as this is pretty normal dd situation

You already made yourself look like a fool so ill leave the pip talk alone

An If you dislike his trading, stop following the signal, it really is that simple.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dupapa View Post
                              You havent done any due diligence and your likely over leveraged otgerwise you wouldnt be fussed as this is pretty normal dd situation

You already made yourself look like a fool so ill leave the pip talk alone

An If you dislike his trading, stop following the signal, it really is that simple.

So now we're name calling? Coming from someone who don't know the difference between your and you're, I be careful who I called a fool...FOOL!!!

Comment

• Yeah not taking much care with grammer or spelling mate you'll find lots of errors when I'm on my phone as I'm usually in a rush

A bit of bad spelling or grammer don't make me a fool this is a trading site not English lessobs anyway

Being a trading site Your view that pips = profit is laughable and makes you look like a fool, so no really it's on you.

Still again. You have a choice, stop following and do yourself a favour this setup is just like many others for vijay, if you don't like it, hedge it, close it or just stop following

Comment

Working...
                                X