Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys

I have been monitoring the trades. We will get out of it with no/minimal loss.
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
      Guys

Hi Vijay

We certainly hope so.

Whether we win this trade or not doesn't not matter much in the grand scheme of things unless the realized losses become huge.

More importantly, we need you to tell us that the EAs will no longer open trades so close to each other and definitely NOT 4 trades with such close spacing.
      I think this is what many subscribers want to hear.

Looking at the initial Take Profit of this this GBPJPY trade, I am sure it is a longer term trade and it cannot open trades at such close spacing to become a scalper trade halfway through.

Also we need to know the worst possible loss we can suffer for any trade so we can allocate our account size accordingly.

Thank you and regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by hking View Post
        Hi Vijay

We certainly hope so.

Whether we win this trade or not doesn't not matter much in the grand scheme of things unless the realized losses become huge.

More importantly, we need you to tell us that the EAs will no longer open trades so close to each other and definitely NOT 4 trades with such close spacing.

Looking at the initial Take Profit of this this GBPJPY trade, I am sure it is a longer term trade and it cannot open trades at such close spacing to become a scalper trade halfway through.

Also we need to know the worst possible loss we can suffer for any trade so we can allocate our account size accordingly.

Thank you and regards.
        Really hking. You have got to be kidding me. If your not happy with his system then leave. He has worked hard on this dynamic system. Yes at times we get a little pissed off at the results. But if your not happy with it then leave. Never preach to a trader. If you are so educated that you can point him in a direction to avoid these DD then why not trade solely on your own.

Comment

Hi Vijay

We certainly hope so.

Thank you and regards.
          whilst I agree with your spacing assessment I disagree with the loss statements. It is stated 25%. Vijay isn't hiding a thing. We all know to expect up to 25% for a single trade. If not then you've not done your due diligence

Comment

• Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
            Really hking. You have got to be kidding me. If your not happy with his system then leave. He has worked hard on this dynamic system. Yes at times we get a little pissed off at the results. But if your not happy with it then leave. Never preach to a trader. If you are so educated that you can point him in a direction to avoid these DD then why not trade solely on your own.
            Hi dazz1975,

There is no need to ask others to leave as this shows your childishness. You are not the signal provider so why you bother? If you have no better comments, there is no need to post. Are you from a country with no free speech rights? Why are you so agitated when you are not vijay? Do you mean we can only post "happy" comments in this forum?

Maybe you are a trader or someone who cannot take positive criticisms to improve yourself....I thought a trader should always seek to improve his systems?

I am making an objective assessment here and my points are supported by other subscribers as they agree with me that the spacing is way off this time round. I just think Vijay should communicate to us what he is doing to improve the system next time. This will give subscribers confidence unless of course he doesn't care what subscribers think which I doubt. You want another loss like GBPAUD in November?

You mean there is nothing wrong with these trades? Even if they end up in profit this time round, it is more a fluke rather than anything else. I am trying to make the signal better so that it benefits everybody as we are in this all together.

As for drawdown, the max drawdown of 25% is indeed too high. I've scaled down by future positions accordingly.
            Last edited by hking; 03-04-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Hi dazz1975,

There is no need to ask others to leave as this shows your childishness. You are not the signal provider so why you bother? If you have no better comments, there is no need to post. Are you from a country with no free speech rights? Why are you so agitated when you are not vijay? Do you mean we can only post "happy" comments in this forum?

Maybe you are a trader or someone who cannot take positive criticisms to improve yourself....I thought a trader should always seek to improve his systems?

I am making an objective assessment here and my points are supported by other subscribers as they agree with me that the spacing is way off this time round. I just think Vijay should communicate to us what he is doing to improve the system next time. This will give subscribers confidence unless of course he doesn't care what subscribers think which I doubt. You want another loss like GBPAUD in November?

You mean there is nothing wrong with these trades? Even if they end up in profit this time round, it is more a fluke rather than anything else. I am trying to make the signal better so that it benefits everybody as we are in this all together.

As for drawdown, the max drawdown of 25% is indeed too high. I've scaled down by future positions accordingly.
              I have thoughts on how to improve a system but at the end of the day if I follow a trader I do it on the pretence that they are a better trader than I. It is all well and good being an armchair critic but if you think you can improve on a system why don't you write a dynamic script like Vijay and trade it. I am no coder but I think writing dynamic code would be a huge challenge. I for one would not want Vijay to implement my suggestions. For one if I am wrong and everyone loses more of a stake in a basket I would feel guilty. With big returns you have to expect decent size loses. I for one am not happy to lose percentages in the double figure but if I followed Vijay then I sign up to his trading plan.

I can understand your disappointment but at the end of the day you could rely on your own trading. My thoughts are alot of people follow traders here because they can't successfully trade themselves. With 90% of retail traders being unsuccessful in the long term I can only surmise you are following Vijay because you can't constantly make positive returns.

I for one am finally making profits. It has taken me two years and I have a long way to go to make a living out of it. It is easier to sit back and criticise on what you think are short comings than trade yourself successfully.

By the way this is no critisim of you. When I first started following traders I had similar comments. It took me a while to realise that trading is one hell of a hard task to make profit out of let alone master. To be honest I am not sure if anyone has ever mastered forex. It is just a game of who picked the right side. Look at GBP data. It was poor the other night and I thought Vijay was on the right side but the end result was opposite what I thought it would of been.

Trading forex is compiling all the data be it Fundamental, Sentiment and Technical and trying to calculate 1+1+1=27. Pretty much impossible
              Last edited by dazz1975; 03-04-2016, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• There is only so much an automated system can do. I will not go into details because this is probably not the place to do so. But the single most important improvement you can implement is not wider or tighter spacing. It's price action based decisions. It's extremely difficult to do it because you can't just take 3 indicators and write a complex expression to get a simple yes/no answer for entries.

Vijay has and is constantly improving his system. But it's an EA and one that we absolutely have no idea what entry conditions it has. The changes he made have most likely improved his system on average. But not for every single basket. You can't do that, not with these simple ruled based systems that mostly work with indicators.

Is spacing to tight on this particular basket? Maybe it is. But just making it wider doesn't improve the system overall. Perhaps it can save this basket from a large loss or even make it close with no loss or small profit. But what do you lose with other baskets because of it? Also, if price doesn't turn around any time soon (and price can do that!) even wider spacing doesn't help one bit because you will still not get the chance to come even close to BE point.

What we have here is an EA with flaws (because all of them have flaws) and then we have the trader that takes over manually whenever needed. That's a very good thing. But that also has limitations because it's not preventing bad trades, it's trying to save what can be saved. I have zero interest in subscribing to a purely automated grid system. And I know a lot about automating grid systems. But I'm subscribing to this combination. And believe me we're much better off because of his taking over of troubled baskets.

The only thing better than what we have is to make manual decisions about entries as well. But then you may as well trade manually and not even have an EA.

Comment

• Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
                  I have thoughts on how to improve a system but at the end of the day if I follow a trader I do it on the pretence that they are a better trader than I. It is all well and good being an armchair critic but if you think you can improve on a system why don't you write a dynamic script like Vijay and trade it. I am no coder but I think writing dynamic code would be a huge challenge. I for one would not want Vijay to implement my suggestions. For one if I am wrong and everyone loses more of a stake in a basket I would feel guilty. With big returns you have to expect decent size loses. I for one am not happy to lose percentages in the double figure but if I followed Vijay then I sign up to his trading plan.

I can understand your disappointment but at the end of the day you could rely on your own trading. My thoughts are alot of people follow traders here because they can't successfully trade themselves. With 90% of retail traders being unsuccessful in the long term I can only surmise you are following Vijay because you can't constantly make positive returns.

I for one am finally making profits. It has taken me two years and I have a long way to go to make a living out of it. It is easier to sit back and criticise on what you think are short comings than trade yourself successfully.

By the way this is no critisim of you. When I first started following traders I had similar comments. It took me a while to realise that trading is one hell of a hard task to make profit out of let alone master. To be honest I am not sure if anyone has ever mastered forex. It is just a game of who picked the right side. Look at GBP data. It was poor the other night and I thought Vijay was on the right side but the end result was opposite what I thought it would of been.

Trading forex is compiling all the data be it Fundamental, Sentiment and Technical and trying to calculate 1+1+1=27. Pretty much impossible
                  I think this is a much more measured response from you.

I think I am asking Vijay to make an obvious improvement. If the system is dynamic, it should take into account ATR of the pair it is trading.

My suggestion is supported and suggested by other subscribers as well as anyone with some trading experience will know this mistake could be avoided if proper spacing is observed. The same mistake is made when he traded GBPAUD in November.

I am sticking my neck out so that this signal can be better for all. Hence, everyone including Vijay will benefit.

Furthermore, from my analysis of Vijay's past trades, there is no need to set maximum DD of 25%. I think 10% to 12% MDD will be more than enough if lot size is adjusted properly. I believe many traders can take 10% loss given his strong winning record. But a 25% loss will be very difficult to recover from, not to mention many will unsubscribe because another loss will set the account back 50% which means 100% gain to get back to square one. Given this strategy is a "win peanuts and lose coconuts" strategy, no one can say for certain another big loss will not happen before we get back to high watermark again as Vijay probably needs large number of wins to get back there.

I don't wish to boast here whether I am more profitable or better trader than Vijay as that is not my intention of posting. But I doubt a lousy or inexperienced trader will be able to make such suggestions. Also there are many reasons a person will subscribe to trading signals and again I don't intend to get into a discussion here about this as it is irrelevant.

Let's hope GBPJPY reverse course soon but I hope Vijay will improve the system and even if this trade luckily becomes a winning trade, he will still make the change.
                  Last edited by hking; 03-04-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Primi,
                    You are right to point out the trade-offs.
                    However, I believe Vijay chose pairs and direction based on some fundamental analysis.
                    Hence, if spacing is wider it gives higher change his analysis is correct or if it is proven incorrect, it is because fundamental shifts.
                    not because of normal volatility that relies more on luck than anything else.
                    You are right that Vijay's winning percentage is so high because it is not an automated grid system which is a good thing. If it is an automated grid, I won't even subscribe to it.

Comment

• I'm not going to comment on anything regarding the system Vijay uses or the spacing of the trade-basket however, by looking at the Daily time frame (even the Four-hour) this looked like a good setup. Still does. We very well might see a pull-back which will go into our favor. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Zander View Post
                        I'm not going to comment on anything regarding the system Vijay uses or the spacing of the trade-basket however, by looking at the Daily time frame (even the Four-hour) this looked like a good setup. Still does. We very well might see a pull-back which will go into our favor. Cheers
                        I'm short now on my own

Comment

• Originally posted by Zander View Post
                          I'm not going to comment on anything regarding the system Vijay uses or the spacing of the trade-basket however, by looking at the Daily time frame (even the Four-hour) this looked like a good setup. Still does. We very well might see a pull-back which will go into our favor. Cheers
                          Hopefully ... yet noe we r 150 pips approx . Away from a 25% loss and 260 pups away from BE ...

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hmm, I would like to know, what would happen if both scalper and trader were open and both went to max. DD is the 25% still valid for that case or is it more like 15+25 which is 40%? Because if I calculate that we are in 15% now and last time we got hit with around 13% which was max. of scalper they give DD more than 25%...

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                              Hmm, I would like to know, what would happen if both scalper and trader were open and both went to max. DD is the 25% still valid for that case or is it more like 15+25 which is 40%? Because if I calculate that we are in 15% now and last time we got hit with around 13% which was max. of scalper they give DD more than 25%...
                              Combined max DD is 25%.

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                              Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                                Guys

Fingers crossed, i hope you are true. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X