X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primi View Post
    Some conspiracy theories if you feel like reading

http://www.businessinsider.com/secre...-dollar-2016-3
    It's not a conspiracy theory. Something went down in China at the G20 meeting that will have a big impact globally starting this year. Don't forget that before the G20 meeting, China was calling for a change in the US dollar as the reserve currency. Also late last year the Chinese renminbi was included in the IMF's reserve currency basket. This is not an earth shattering move, however when you combine this with other clues you can see some major changes afoot.

Comment

• Hey Vijay!

I see you have a TP set at 1.3043, which will exit the basket at a bit of a loss (which is fair enough given how the trade has gone). But at this point would it not be an idea to trail a SL and attempt to break even on the remaining basket, or even recover the loss from the trade that was closed yesterday? My breakeven is at 1.30126 which isn't really that much below the TP at this point.

Cheers
      Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by craighind View Post
        Hey Vijay!

I see you have a TP set at 1.3043, which will exit the basket at a bit of a loss (which is fair enough given how the trade has gone). But at this point would it not be an idea to trail a SL and attempt to break even on the remaining basket, or even recover the loss from the trade that was closed yesterday? My breakeven is at 1.30126 which isn't really that much below the TP at this point.

Cheers
        Craig
        Smart2 is experiencing his worst month on record by a significant margin, as a result his aim is to minimise losses and move onto the next trade. While he's stuck in this USDCAD basket he can't take other, higher probability opportunities.

So squeezing a few extra pips at the risk of missing the TP isn't really worth it in my view.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Really a big slap to scalper followers at this point. But congrats to everyone else for tiding along with this basket

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by shawntan View Post
            Really a big slap to scalper followers at this point. But congrats to everyone else for tiding along with this basket

Actually i respect that vigay stuck to his max dd limits .. if things were worse now on smart 2 .. say squared hits its 20% dd .. that would make scalper suffer a devastating loss above max dd that was originally agreed on .. then everyone on scalper would have been blaming. . Though i see scalpers trades really really huge in size ... but the guys stuck to his rules .. also he could have reached 20% dd on smart sqaured and closed then the price could have rebound afterwards ( already happened on last big dd on smart2 earlier this month ) ..

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
              That doesn't sound good then.

Still, it's exactly the same, FIFO, LIFO or any other combination. The outcome is the same. Just the balance curve is different. So to avoid all the trouble described above it would just be best to stay FIFO. We won't lose anything because of it.
              That's exactly my thought! It doesn't matter for the end result ! Why not to close the first trade first?! Instead of a small profit on the first trade you get a bigger loss, but then you get bigger profit on the next trade(s)...

Comment

• Hey Guys, I am expecting the trades to be closed in the UK session today. Taking small loss is totally acceptable to me in this case even if there is a chase to get break even.

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Smart2 is experiencing his worst month on record by a significant margin, as a result his aim is to minimise losses and move onto the next trade. While he's stuck in this USDCAD basket he can't take other, higher probability opportunities.

So squeezing a few extra pips at the risk of missing the TP isn't really worth it in my view.
                  Yep. Totally understand. It'd be great for him to be able to trade again instead of having to just manage this one.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I have closed 2 trades booking -1.8% loss. We have now 1% loss for this month. I have one open trade on which i am expecting a 0.7 to 1% profit. So this month we will be at break even. On MAM we have 1.9% loss which was caused by the slippage of 20 pips earlier this month. I am happy for this result on smart2.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                      Hey Guys,

I have closed 2 trades booking -1.8% loss. We have now 1% loss for this month. I have one open trade on which i am expecting a 0.7 to 1% profit. So this month we will be at break even. On MAM we have 1.9% loss which was caused by the slippage of 20 pips earlier this month. I am happy for this result on smart2.
                      Hey vijay will smart scalper be still trading? What's the plan on scalper

Comment

• Originally posted by shawntan View Post
                        Hey vijay will smart scalper be still trading? What's the plan on scalper

I will update it on scalpers thread. Give me some time.

Comment

• Great! :-) it was worth waitin'!

Comment

• I have closed the remaining trade to book ~1%. We now have 0.1% loss for this month. Thanks for all the patience. I will give you guys some update in couple of days regarding scalper.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                              I have closed the remaining trade to book ~1%. We now have 0.1% loss for this month. Thanks for all the patience. I will give you guys some update in couple of days regarding scalper.
                              Should we Scalper losers switch to Smart2, since it seems that its scalper trades more conservatively than SmartScalper alone, and therefore is able to avoid the drawdown limit closure? Thanks for your advice...

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
                                Should we Scalper losers switch to Smart2, since it seems that its scalper trades more conservatively than SmartScalper alone, and therefore is able to avoid the drawdown limit closure? Thanks for your advice...
                                I'm personally leaning for this option at the moment. I'm down about 35 percent on and that would take about 10 months on smart 2 based on the average returns. I do not mind doing the change though, if vijay allows and admin allows I'll change.

Comment

Working...
                                X