X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no FIFO here

Comment

• Originally posted by shawntan View Post
      I'm personally leaning for this option at the moment. I'm down about 35 percent on and that would take about 10 months on smart 2 based on the average returns. I do not mind doing the change though, if vijay allows and admin allows I'll change.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
      yes that sounds like a good idea ... Vijay/Nick - is that something that can be done (for us following Smart Scalper signal - considering the sizable loss we just had) - to switch over directly from SS to Smart2 ? - if so, do we need to pm you, Nick, with our ID or so?

Thanks and regards

Hansen.
      Last edited by Hansen; 03-30-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Vijay, now that we are all breathing a sigh of relief from the tortuous events of this past month maybe it's time to discuss improvements before we start trading again.

Clearly with a little less luck the accounts could have finished this month with a 50% drawdown. On two separate occasions we came within a hairs breath of this potentially catastrophic outcome.

It's obvious that 25% drawdown from one basket is just too much. Considering you appear to be having more frequent drawdowns this is a genuine concern. The recovery time for a 25% drawdown is too long based on your average returns, and there's a strong likelihood of another 25% drawdown whilst trying to recover. This makes it all rather unpalatable for subscribers.

I would personally like to know what changes, if any, you are intending to make so I can adjust my risk settings accordingly.

In conclusion I want to thank you for your efforts this month and for getting us out of trouble. I think with some refinement Smart2 can continue to be outstanding for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think increasing the gap before initiating 3rd trade would help ... then waiting to add 4th trade manually after clear reversal starts like yesterday where it was very clear things were going in our favour... a 4th trade could be placed manually at the start of that time ..
          Also decreasing lot size by 20% could help alot ..
          Thats my humble thoughts though

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
            Vijay, now that we are all breathing a sigh of relief from the tortuous events of this past month maybe it's time to discuss improvements before we start trading again.

Clearly with a little less luck the accounts could have finished this month with a 50% drawdown. On two separate occasions we came within a hairs breath of this potentially catastrophic outcome.

It's obvious that 25% drawdown from one basket is just too much. Considering you appear to be having more frequent drawdowns this is a genuine concern. The recovery time for a 25% drawdown is too long based on your average returns, and there's a strong likelihood of another 25% drawdown whilst trying to recover. This makes it all rather unpalatable for subscribers.

I would personally like to know what changes, if any, you are intending to make so I can adjust my risk settings accordingly.

In conclusion I want to thank you for your efforts this month and for getting us out of trouble. I think with some refinement Smart2 can continue to be outstanding for years to come.

Agree and agree with Sherif too.

Must say I really like the way Vijah trades, entertaining the trend. Personally Im doing the same, trying to sell/buy at some sort of a resistence/support levels but I do adjust the size of each trade according to my STOP. And think thats where the problem might be. The stop should not be 25% of whole capital... think it should be rather defined by a technical level (Moving Average, major resistance/support lvl etc ...) where break of that sort of a lvl could increase the probability that market could be moving further against us into a different trading range with next res/sup too far to justify original risk reward ratio ...

The text book 3:1 RR is bit of a myth, one can be long term profitable with even 1:2 RR with high win rate which Vijah obviously has ... but going 1:20 RR is bit toooo risky ...

As said, trying to be constructive, helping me personally too. Keep the good work, Vijah.

Comment

• Congrats for coming out of trouble with smart2. I think this event showed the pros and cons very nice. With pretty much the same strategy smart2 got out with no loss while scalper stopped out due to hitting the stop out level. So the basic trading idea was right and Vijay simply ran out of options on the scalper due to the high exposure. A different aspect is that most drawdowns remain way under 10%. Once that is hit the drawdown escalates quickly because you then have three or four positions open and even small moves increase the drawdown by a notable margin. I am sure Vijay has some ideas to deal with this paradoxon by closing out the basket completely or partially as soon as the drawdown pushes through a significant level at 5-10% and then reenter at a later stage as long as the trade idea is still valid (which is the primary reason to keep the full basket open in the first place). Trading with the trend improves your chances so you don't need to rush into profits with high exposure. As we've seen here: trade idea is good, timing could be better but it's somewhat irrelevant when you can wait a bit. imagine what Vijay could've done if he would've closed out the basket partially at a loss and reentered later on the move south.

Cheers

Comment

• As I mentioned earlier, we could get out of GBPJPY and USDCAD trades with small loss or even profit with some luck as the trend is generally in favor. However, the entry levels are too aggressive and that got us into trouble. Followed by such close spacing between trades is just quite disastrous for volatile pairs. As pointed out by many others here, we are just a whisker away from closing out GBPJPY and USDCAD trades at 50% loss and our accounts will unlikely recover as we need 100% returns to recover. It will take more than a year from track record and that only if we don't get hit by another 25% loss. If we do, the recovery will take much longer. All the while we have to pay subscription fees. I don't think the signal could have survived if such an event occurred.
                Fortunately, it didn't happen by a whisker.
                I certainly hope Vijay can articulate what changes he intend to make. I am suspending my signal subscription till then but would gladly subscribe again once Vijay can tell his loyal followers what changes will be made as he promised in the next 2 days. I still hope Smart2 can stop modifying trades, TP and SL at 1 or 2 pips when it makes little sense.

Thanks as the journey has been interesting but I think I'll take a break for now.

Regards.
                Last edited by hking; 03-30-2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• I am working on the scalper part. Obviously it takes some time. Probably monday will be the day i will announce my findings.

Thanks
                  Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Take your time

Comment

• Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
                      Vijay, now that we are all breathing a sigh of relief from the tortuous events of this past month maybe it's time to discuss improvements before we start trading again.

I totally agree with this and think we may have been lucky in the Smart2 MAM this month. I took an approx. 15% hit in the first week of me opening this account in November last year and am now breaking roughly about even (but a very rocky ride and nearly 5 months later to get there).

I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks/ months and hopefully we'll all start to see some profits as I have faith in Vijay to adapt. I do though, as others have mentioned, think the risk needs to be taken down a bit and hopefully a few tweaks to the system will sort this. Alternatively I'm keeping a close eye on the FX Fusion MAM where there's diversification with other traders and Smart 2 running at just 0.5 risk. This maybe an option worth considering as the less riskier option but who knows with forex?

Cheers
                      Chubby

Comment

• I don't think there is a time pressure for announcing the changes. Make them significant in terms of risk management and announce them when you have good solution. Until then i suggest to trade much lower sizes or put trading on pause completely.

As many of others said it's important to avoid large losses.

One important thing to have in mind is this. Some subscribers said "thank you" for managing this trade and escaping at total loss (25%).
                        I say this is ridiculous!
                        It was PURE luck and nothing else. Trades were not managed by a single manual move. They were kept open on hope that market will turn around. It gladly did. You can thank lady to be so dovish.
                        But there were zero credits of trader for "managing" open trades in damage control scenario.

Please make changes and inform us when they are made and what they are like.

After that I am interested in becoming a subscriber. Thanks.

Regards,
                        Vidster

Comment

• VJ.. I would appreciate if you can give a definitive answer as to the FIFO issue. I understand that nearly everyone here does not care about this. If you decide that being FIFO compliant is not a priority, fine. I am paid for a few more weeks, but have disabled the signal because the FIFO violations have caused too many issues with my broker. We who must deal with FIFO would appreciate something definitive before the next Sub fee is due

Comment

• There definitely needs to be some kind of news filter/avoidance in place; it was hard to believe that the scalper (I think?) was left to enter positions on USDCAD despite massive news like the announcement of the Canadian budget which would be nearly certain to wreck havoc on it. I'm not at all knocking you Vij or claiming I have all the answers; I'm just trying to draw attention to an issue with the strategy in good faith like my fellow investors here; news is when you run breakout/momentum strategies, not scalping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrealistik View Post
                              There definitely needs to be some kind of news filter/avoidance in place; it was hard to believe that the scalper (I think?) was left to enter positions on USDCAD despite massive news like the announcement of the Canadian budget which would be nearly certain to wreck havoc on it. I'm not at all knocking you Vij or claiming I have all the answers; I'm just trying to draw attention to an issue with the strategy in good faith like my fellow investors here; news is when you run breakout/momentum strategies, not scalping.
                              There was lot of time between our first trade and the budget news. But I got your point.

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                              Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Hi
                                Do you plan to trade or take a break just woundering

Thx

Comment

Working...
                                X