FX Pendulum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX Pendulum

FX Pendulum is controlled by a 100% manual trader from Luxembourg.

I have had several detailed discussions with him about his experience and strategy and so far I really like what I hear. He is also keen to get involved in the community here which I appreciate and respect.

I'll let him fill you in on the finer points of his strategy.

Welcome to the site FX Pendulum!
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Dear Followers, subscribers , visitors.

I am very thankfully to announce you that i am approved to do some trial trading right now , and maybe becoming a good signal provider for all of you.
    My strategy bases on various styles. First of all, to understand the strategy, you guys have to know that i don't use SL's. Only if the DD gets to low and i am not seeing a good opportunity for the return i will use a SL to reduce the losses.
    The strategy has been tested and running on several accounts balances, First we started demo of course. This has been already started in 2011. We had no one single month in negatives so far. Now we run Live for a couple of months.Till now we have the same results: never had a single losing month.

What is the actual strategy of FX pendulum ? ; Well, we using a multiply grid system based on algorithm mathematical, which were founded by a doctoral mathematician genie. Once the algorithm has been set we run a candle stick theoretic view on the daily candles. Which mostly mean we get the entry points on the reversals once the previous high has been hit.
    or a buy position when the previous low has been hit. Which are determinate by severe variable on the candle stick theory.

Now we have 2 / 3 key figures of the strategy complete. Due the fact we use a multiply grid system.. we are aware of sufficient losses if the pair really turns bad against us. To insure we will not make sufficient drawdowns and eventually losses, we use a basic hedge system which is mostly used on same currency pair or a correlation pair. This means that the actual position an get covered or even can turn from long to short or turnaround.

Its my goal to run 5-10% each month , with a max DD of m10%. 15 % is is possible but then i should have a good reason for it.

What i cannot say about the strategy:
    - On what mathematical formula it is based.
    - How to come to hedge position by using some candle stick theory's ass well.
    - How the candle stick has been developed throughout the years.

I hope i have give you enough global information. Don't hestistate to ask me question.
    I'll be online tomorrow morning and evening london time.

All the trades are manually, every single entry, stop loss , take profit, etc is done by hand with eye observer and lot of fun and love.

I hope you will/ can enjoy my services in the near future.

And always think people about my golden rule: Trade the trades, Don't let the trades trade you !!!!
    HAVE FUN .. All questions can being asked. if will answer depends on mine determination on what i can say and what i can't.

Comment

ANNOUNCEMENT D-UJ Day --> 06.05.2013

Announcement

The strategy of FX pendulum managed to stay lower as 10%. Thiss is good.. Due the fact were in range back.. The hedge positions did some good work.

What is going to happen in the next day.
      The DD of -7% need to back going to 0.

How does it going to happen:
      Well as i suggest before, unlucky whise .. i wasn't online during last day. so the setup to trade the range till 97.10 didn't worked out well.. because the UJ went more down.
      YES i learned from this momentum. But unlucky we have a float running of -700$ average on the moment.
      I think this float will getting worse the next day because i have to close the hedge position if the momentum comes.

Good news is :
      i will reach the 10.000$ mark this month by far.

Why i am soo confident.. Because the setup of the trade lots are lucky whise good enough to turn the system in a slowly whise from long to short and back long..
      Which will mean... I can let the profits run. and still make lot of $$ .. if the UJ strikes again to new low... I will run again the algorithm on it which needs to be manually done. So far so good.
      Once i have the algorithm.. We need a retrace of 50-60 pips which i expect to be no problem at all... AND GONE IS THE FLOAT...
      making this month like 2000$ approx.

Have fun...

Comment

Originally posted by FX Pendulum View Post
        Dear Followers, subscribers , visitors.

I am very thankfully to announce you that i am approved to do some trial trading right now , and maybe becoming a good signal provider for all of you.
        My strategy bases on various styles. First of all, to understand the strategy, you guys have to know that i don't use SL's. Only if the DD gets to low and i am not seeing a good opportunity for the return i will use a SL to reduce the losses.
        The strategy has been tested and running on several accounts balances, First we started demo of course. This has been already started in 2011. We had no one single month in negatives so far. Now we run Live for a couple of months.Till now we have the same results: never had a single losing month.

What is the actual strategy of FX pendulum ? ; Well, we using a multiply grid system based on algorithm mathematical, which were founded by a doctoral mathematician genie. Once the algorithm has been set we run a candle stick theoretic view on the daily candles. Which mostly mean we get the entry points on the reversals once the previous high has been hit.
        or a buy position when the previous low has been hit. Which are determinate by severe variable on the candle stick theory.

Now we have 2 / 3 key figures of the strategy complete. Due the fact we use a multiply grid system.. we are aware of sufficient losses if the pair really turns bad against us. To insure we will not make sufficient drawdowns and eventually losses, we use a basic hedge system which is mostly used on same currency pair or a correlation pair. This means that the actual position an get covered or even can turn from long to short or turnaround.

Its my goal to run 5-10% each month , with a max DD of m10%. 15 % is is possible but then i should have a good reason for it.

What i cannot say about the strategy:
        - On what mathematical formula it is based.
        - How to come to hedge position by using some candle stick theory's ass well.
        - How the candle stick has been developed throughout the years.

I hope i have give you enough global information. Don't hestistate to ask me question.
        I'll be online tomorrow morning and evening london time.

All the trades are manually, every single entry, stop loss , take profit, etc is done by hand with eye observer and lot of fun and love.

I hope you will/ can enjoy my services in the near future.

And always think people about my golden rule: Trade the trades, Don't let the trades trade you !!!!
        HAVE FUN .. All questions can being asked. if will answer depends on mine determination on what i can say and what i can't.

Best regards, kisses, i don't know whatever more,
        FX Pendulum.. The one .. the only one... the never ending story in FX ....
        You can probably guess that English is his second language. Don't let that turn you off because he's the only trader that I've ever met that has a Mathematical Genie working for him

In all seriousness, thanks for joining FX Pendulum and I look forward to following your trading. So far I love what I'm seeing.

Comment

Weekend update ! FX pendulum is on the rock with a 12,5% win... (EXC DD)

Weekend Update

Dear sweet traders, followers, subscribers , visitors, bloggers, spammers and all the unknown people.

We have seen some turbulent days the last week. In my case i had 2 times bad luck. 1e time was on thursday when i was offline during internship.
          2e time i was offline due the fact i was driving home to luxembourg city.

So i couldn't run the algorithm on the new low and missed the upswing.
          BUT the good news is: We are 12% up this week. And DD didn't went lower as 12,2%.

What is going to happen now:

Like you all can see folks, is the DD stable covered. We are in this stage of momentum that there can no direction to be chosen. this will mean that i turn the account when i new signal comes to Short mode, or Long mode... ( Depends on what is going to happen.... ) If we go further up to the new level of 100.. i will close down slowly whise some positions.
          Which mean that the account will get overturned on the short side.
          This will mean that the DD could get possible a bit lower.
          I still expect no DD lower as 15 % .
          If the UJ moves back southwards.... ( which i hope ) then we slowly turn the account in a long run.

I wish you all a good weekend.
          Have fun.

Comment

Thanks for the update FX Pendulum.

As you are probably aware, I put my own money behind every live signal on this site. So before I do that with your system I need to feel comfortable that you'll be able to deliver profits over the next few months and not put my hard earned money at substantial risk.

I understand you have over $80k on the line with your own trading and that gives me confidence that you won't trade recklessly. But I was wondering if you could please answer the following before I open a live account to follow your signals.

1) Looking at the trading history dating back to February you have only held a floating drawdown over 5% 3 times. What happened on each of these occasions and how are you going to ensure that you don't exceed your 15% drawdown cap?

2) Do you only trade one pair at a time? You mentioned that there were some great opportunities on GPBUSD earlier in the week but you couldn't participate due to the exposure on USDJPY.

3) Do you only trade these GPBUSD and USDJPY? I see that you don't have any trading history other than these 2 pairs. They move quite differently so I'm interested to find out why you like them so much.

4) Do you have a monthly target? (Percentage growth)

Thanks for helping us understand more about your system and it's been great having your input in the trading room.

Comment

Answer for nick... and others..

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Thanks for the update FX Pendulum.

As you are probably aware, I put my own money behind every live signal on this site. So before I do that with your system I need to feel comfortable that you'll be able to deliver profits over the next few months and not put my hard earned money at substantial risk.

I understand you have over $80k on the line with your own trading and that gives me confidence that you won't trade recklessly. But I was wondering if you could please answer the following before I open a live account to follow your signals.

1) Looking at the trading history dating back to February you have only held a floating drawdown over 5% 3 times. What happened on each of these occasions and how are you going to ensure that you don't exceed your 15% drawdown cap?

2) Do you only trade one pair at a time? You mentioned that there were some great opportunities on GPBUSD earlier in the week but you couldn't participate due to the exposure on USDJPY.

3) Do you only trade these GPBUSD and USDJPY? I see that you don't have any trading history other than these 2 pairs. They move quite differently so I'm interested to find out why you like them so much.

4) Do you have a monthly target? (Percentage growth)

Thanks for helping us understand more about your system and it's been great having your input in the trading room.
              Blup, The big daddy is asking a lot

okay, In this answer I will try to give you a proper answer on you questions.

1e Question: Well, The dd of 15 % is a goal of me i want to maintain. like i already mentioned, we had very extreme market conditions which problem was that i couldn't get online. The problem right now is that my Drawdown is locked. so it m8 get an issue when i am going to close some positions ..so it could be possible that i will go a bit higher then 15 % but i will report this ASAP when it happens. Normally if strategy and algorithms runs fine, it won't happen ! . So far .. so good.

Now to answer your question properly. My system is based on medium long term trading, which means i can hold down positions as long as possible as allowed. I will close the losing trades as soon that the profits were big enough to cover this. The drawdown is totally controlled by hedges. As long as these hedges run properly ( and not seeing 500 drop in 1 day ) then there should be no problem at all. But also in this case, i learned a lot and can promise that i will setup the trades in a 500 pips range.. first i stetted up the trade in a 300 pip range. But history told me right now that wasn't enough. ( MARKET ERROR ) hahaha .. Anyway..

What about the 5 % dd i had : Well, that because my trades are based on a non directional mostly reversal strategy. So in my opinion a 5 % dd is normal in that case.
              What happens in march was only because i forgot to hedge the position. So actually no problem at all.

2e Question: No, i normally trade 1 to 2 pairs at a time. like you already assumed GU and UJ.. Im still determine the strategy on other pairs.

3e Question Well... its a quit unprofessional answer but, i don't like EU at all. and other pairs i am not confidence with it. In my vision, i only pay goods and services with my Euro's, so i don't buy other currency's with it haha.
              Other pairs are not well known by me. I have an advanced knowledge about the Japanese government + i have a good economic friend of me living there which provide me quick information. I had already contact with him after the bigger draw of thursday.
              What about GU GU can be traded with my strategy with no high risk exposure. This is because the fact that GU is much more defended and market integrated.
              GU is a pair that does't make big moves in a couple of days without any retrace or pullback. UJ is way more risk fully.. a good example was last thursday ( 06.06.2013 )
              if you went short on these pair, you had jackpot.. but if you was long ( like me ) then you could have a big big big problem... whether using stop or not.

4e Question Fair enough.. No .. I do not have a monthly target. Due the fact i trade for hobby. BUT i do have milestones which i want to reach. First one is getting the 10.000 mark this month. which will happen in my opinion asap. I think next week. in the backtests on demo in the past years, we made between 10.000 and 15.000$ each year with the system. ( on a 5.000 $ ) account.
              BUT... it is also possible that there is no signal to trade..that i won't trade at all for a longer time. But that doesn't mean you don't make $$ ... one of my gold remarks of my grandfather was: sometimes you make more money by staying out of the market then getting the money in the market. . . . . . . Which means,, there is always a possibility to blow up the account if you're going into the market. FOREX trading is and stays high risk. Still I will not leave the market till i have mastered it.

==> I recommend a balance of 4000-5000$ to fellow me properly. DO NOT FELLOW ME WITH 1000$... Due the fact its hedge strategy will mean DD can be bigger then 1000$.... Right now my dd is 769$.. But i made already 630$ which means i am 130$ netto down.. Next week i will be 1000$ up.

More info needed. Just contact me.. Customers only in near future are able to talk with me on SKYPE. as a customer service. i'll be live during trading sessions and stressfully moments.
              Last edited by FX Pendulum ; 06-09-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Due the fact i cant connect on chat from work. Due savety reasons, i will update asap with detail about the happening of today.

I will take care of the fact that i want to close this month still in profit.

Best wishes.
                Albert
                Last edited by FX Pendulum ; 07-19-2013, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Best fellowers, etc,

Like i alreaday mentioned something went wrong yesterday and today. But now the issues wont happen aigain. Nick knows about these issues. And also the broker does. Normally we will be back up at the end of june.. i dont know yet or i can close this month in profit. That depends on volatility. If everything goes right .. Then well be up with no problems.. ( i had normally already 13% profit this month ..
                  The good thing is. I still managed to lower the dd still as expected. The only difference is.. i should have 9.200$ in balance and not 8.200$ but this has to do with some external factors which i can't give the details behind it.

I can insure that well be back on track up to the 100% asap.
                  Like you guys can see. FX pendulum II Which are shown on my fx book, we did not had these problems and there everything runss fine.. Up to 7.000$ in profit already.
                  I hope this will convince all people who still believe in my system !
                  Best regards.
                  Albert.

Comment

Originally posted by FX Pendulum View Post
                    Weekend Update

What is going to happen now:

Like you all can see folks, is the DD stable covered. We are in this stage of momentum that there can no direction to be chosen. this will mean that i turn the account when i new signal comes to Short mode, or Long mode... ( Depends on what is going to happen.... ) If we go further up to the new level of 100.. i will close down slowly whise some positions.
                    Which mean that the account will get overturned on the short side.
                    This will mean that the DD could get possible a bit lower.
                    I still expect no DD lower as 15 % .
                    If the UJ moves back southwards.... ( which i hope ) then we slowly turn the account in a long run.

I wish you all a good weekend.
                    Have fun.
                    Like you can see folks.. This signal was really good confirmed. We went up to 99.26.. I turned account from long to short.. which causes the drop in the DD .. The losses which have been made has to do with other issues and problems. But they are FIXED ! i just had confirmation from the broker. Normally i will be able to get the losses back from the broker OR insurance company.

Best Regards.
                    Albert
                    Last edited by FX Pendulum ; 07-19-2013, 08:09 AM.

Comment

What exactly happened if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers,
                      David

Comment

Originally posted by Tempestshade View Post
                        What exactly happened if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers,
                        David
                        We'll, I was expiremting with an EA which had good results on DEMO. This EA didnt matched up with the broker i use.. The lot sizes were x10 bigger then expected and a lot of data which were provided by broker were not correct.
                        The EA is based on manually trade only.. It's just a script to recognize the close point of a candle stick. This has to be used for a running better entry points on my algorithm and candle stick theory's. The EA has been shut down.. The broker has to be explain what went wrong with the data. The EA was checked by them. So i can declare losses on the broker. The broker did already accepted the declaration.
                        As you all can notice the trades were NOT correct. 1.5 lot size order should be 0.15 and the 0.4 should be 0.04 etc .. thats also the reason why i had to close those trades with losses. NORMALLy I do not close trades that are in negatieves. This is due the strategy i use possible.

Now the fact that the EA worked nice on DEMO, has been backtested for several years.. and went already live on it on other account... ( EA = manually drawline to enter position on sudden candle close ) But the EA did not what it should do due the fact the broker had some technical errors .. on the codes which were given into the EA .. I also dont know exactly what happened. But it is fixed.. just by shut down the EA .. and the broker is already doing investigation on the accounts and scripts . The broker already confirmed that there were some big problems with the codes and the script as well. ( i am running the account on a live02 server.. the script was tested on the normal live-USD server.. )

I hope i gave enough information to this enquiry.

Goal is aigain set to 10.000 within end July.. ( no trades between 05.07.2013 - 16.07.2013 ) Holiday.
                        FX pendulum I and FX pendulum II on myfxbook will get updated as soon as possible, then you can all see the trade history and you'll see what went wrong .

Best Regards
                        FX Pendulum, Fair enough

Comment

Weekend update + next upcoming

*Weekend update *

1e bullet: The issue on monday and tuesday:

- as long you can see. we had caused several losses with some technical errors wich has been caused due the fact of broker decodes problems. the hole story can be found in the above.
                          The good news is: i had a loss of almost 1000$ ... 10% is declared own risk by bank, 90% which is in this case 861,40 $ i will get refunded asap. This will mean that my account is up this week again. ( which means the stats aren't fully correct right now ) The balance will be up next week to current level + the 861 from the refund i receive.
                          This means that the drawdown is fully covered by winnings positions and could get closed at any time

2e bullet: The price movements on UJ
                          - As we all could see , we had again a very very turbulent week on UJ. the candle wich closed yesterday. looked great for a long opportunity. But the trades were against us. As i mentioned before. The dd is fully covered within the winnings. and could still hold a 3% monthly winnings on rest.

Due the fact there is right now high risk to go even more downward, i will look at opening price on sunday, lock the DD again and well see wath is going to happen.
                          Normally if i am right.. we will be going further down to 91.76 or even lower. Which means i will close back the hedge positions and let it run twice on the same range.

3e bullet: The goals
                          Well my goal which i had in the begin of this month ( reaching the 10.000 $ mark ) is still settled. This due the fact i will receive a refund of the suffered losses earlier this week which i could not provide or was not an error or human mistake made by me.

in the next stage, depending on price movements on UJ ( which i have a slight bullish exposure ) could DD drop even more to 10- 12 % .. i will keep an eye closely on it.

ANNOUNCEMENT

* Due the fact i am in holiday from 04.07.2013 till - 16.07.2013 .. there will be not opened new trades.. ( Which means.. i will lock the DD completely if any DD is there which i cannot close ) and move on with new signals as soon i am back. Due the fact my DD is locked.. there are only some swap costs which i have to deal with. But that is totally ok.

Which you all a good weekend.

Comment

Trading view FX Pendulum

Best readers, followers, visitors, non visitors, traders, not traders, kings, barons, presidents, citizens, i don't know what else..

1e of all.. Congratulations you are reading this forum..
                            2e.. for the people don't read this forum, also congratulations.

Ok back to business..

What is happening right now is the best what could happen ...
                            Lik you guys see. i had yesterday again a good sell running and closed it on time to set up for the rally.. my account runs almost always in the red zone.. but the way i manage it to turn all the times from short to long it is possible to make profits. Right now my accounts are both slightly on the long side.. which is good.. I expect the reversal on 97 ... so then i will lock the DD aigian.. and well going to see what happens..

When we are at 97 .. and it raises further... due the fact the dd is locked.. i can unlock on the short side by closing small longs in profit.. Which means.. account will go further up.. Damage will be controlled due the fact the exposure is just very small. Money management is the number 1 in my trade system..

Normally i will reach the 10.000 mark this week. If not . then next week. but it won't take long anymore..
                            Right now i am at 9597$ and i begun with 5.000$ ..

I wish you all the best.

Comment

Can I ask if you have myfxbook to show results etc? Also is this signal open for traders to suscribe to?

Thanks!

Waleed

Comment

Working...
                              X