Passive Income Grid/Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillHuppert View Post
    Hello Eric, thanks for posting your results.

The screen shot you posted states your are trading a lot size of 0.01
    Are you restricting the system to a maximum lot size of 0.01 lots for all trades (using max. lots)?
    If so, you are effectively disabling the martingale function of the system, and still making good profits.
    I am asking because I really hate martingale systems, and your method makes the system much safer.

Thanks, Bill
    No restrictions on max lot size. I've decided to allow this trader to perform his job with a proper risk. I use account equity, with 23x risk because this allows the trades to act what I want it to. if he trades .03 I want it to trade .01 if he trades at .10 I want it to trade at .05 or close to it.

Let me add to the fact if my account starts trading above his lot size I'll reduce the risk to half to reduce the chance over leveraging the account.
    Last edited by EricB; 08-19-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EricB View Post
      No restrictions on max lot size. I've decided to allow this trader to perform his job with a proper risk. I use account equity, with 23x risk because this allows the trades to act what I want it to. if he trades .03 I want it to trade .01 if he trades at .10 I want it to trade at .05 or close to it.

Let me add to the fact if my account starts trading above his lot size I'll reduce the risk to half to reduce the chance over leveraging the account.
      Do you really use 23x risk, or is that a typo?

Comment

Originally posted by kmf View Post
        Do you really use 23x risk, or is that a typo?
        Yes see. Now that my account will soon start going above the master lot size I actually need to reduce the risk to match the master lot size.
        risk23.jpg

><
        Risk is now at 17 to reflect .04 to the masters .05 trades.
        Last edited by EricB; 08-19-2015, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Yes see. Now that my account will soon start going above the master lot size I actually need to reduce the risk to match the master lot size.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1243[/ATTACH]

><
          Risk is now at 17 to reflect .04 to the masters .05 trades.
          Wow!!! You are a very brave person. With such a low account balance, you could find yourself in big trouble very easily copying as almost the same size as the master account who has a much bigger account balance, and can trade at those lot sizes. I wish you Good Luck that your account doesn't Margin call.

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
            The system looks good. Don could you please specify your risks. What is the max. DD we can expect. Do you use a hard stop once it reaches? Do you intervene manually also or just leave EA to trade no matter what?
            This.

I'm also interested to know about max DD and what's the plan if reached.

I've joined too many grid/marti systems in the past whereby the stated max DD is say 30% but the trader allowed it to go 40-50% and beyond hoping for retracement that didn't happen..

No offense to Don, I just want to get some answers, thanks!

Comment

Hi sanriopurin

PIG is running different DD logic than any other grid ea, that's why you see it's still making good profit althought the market has been moving crazily (very trending )since Jan 2015 and it's running using each currency basket. The set is running on master account for 1000 of each currency.

Now u can imaging the worst case, if all 10 currencies hit 100% DD at same time, that mean the account become 0. For such system that happen like this, you wont have a chance to see Pig is offered as signal here today

The best due diligence to find out by not to listen to any body or even any promise from the traders. But to look myfxbook stats with all historical trades and open charts on mt4 platform for currencies it's trading to investigate.

For example: you can look at some Big movement without major replacement and compare myfxbook stats ( DD, etc..). There are many Big movement in this year without major reversal replacement. There are many like that, but I just name some below

-In Feb2015-Mar2015: GBPUSD moved from 1.55 to 1.47
              -In July2015-, AUDNZD moved from 1.13 to 1.09
              -In July2015-, GBPCAD moved from 1.94 to 2.04

Do your own due diligence. Hope this helps. Cheers

Originally posted by sanriopurin View Post
              This.

I'm also interested to know about max DD and what's the plan if reached.

I've joined too many grid/marti systems in the past whereby the stated max DD is say 30% but the trader allowed it to go 40-50% and beyond hoping for retracement that didn't happen..

No offense to Don, I just want to get some answers, thanks!

Comment

Please refresh myfxbook.

Updated:Aug 17 at 13:45

Comment

No offense But There seems to be A issue with all of these current trades That have gone rogue What's up with this current draw down
                  <>
                  Thanks for the Margin Call F.B.S is what it is .
                  pig.jpg
                  Last edited by EricB; 08-21-2015, 03:14 AM.

Comment

No offense But There seems to be A issue with all of these current trades That have gone rogue What's up with this current draw down

What does FBS mean?

Comment

<>
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1250[/ATTACH]
                      Weren't you running at 23x risk?

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                        Weren't you running at 23x risk?
                        his equity was like $1300 or so and he ran same lot size as the master account.

it was slightly overleveraged

Comment

I was running on 2x risk and I even got scared for a while ^^

Comment

Originally posted by smejko View Post
                            Please refresh myfxbook.

Updated:Aug 17 at 13:45
                            do not updating Myfxbook is well known technique for show lower DD that's why he updates so seldom.

Comment

Good to know, signal blacklisted for me

Comment

With all due respect Don: doing "due diligence" is verifying what has happened in the past, and frankly, I take your word for it.

I'm more interested in "what's your plan ahead" rather than "hang on, is this guy telling the truth?".

I'd like to know your overall strategy plan, such as but not limited to:
                                - do you have a hard DD limit? So far you're saying "look at history, it never reaches xxx point". Is that as far as you want to cover this topic?
                                - I may have read before 30% is about the expected limit. What's your plan when it is reached? Most signals will say "it depends on the market situation"... will that be your answer too?

If I understand correctly, so far we are being told "look guys, this signal can take super trending movements up to so and so pips, and DD is only about 10%, so don't worry about DD going over, because this signal has withstood the worst conditions".

Is that more or less the 'safeguard strategy' so to speak i.e. "don't worry about the worst because it's not gonna happen"?

I apologize in advance if I come across as too harsh/direct.

Comment

Working...
                                X