Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy24
    replied
    There are three open positions, one of them was short EURAUD, they got the drop in the Asian session, took partials and stop at the entry. The other two trades are positioned for the FOMC minutes on Wednesday from their updates.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    NZDUSD was closed in +140 pips, 2 trades are running now. It it helps anyone, they said eurusd went down on Friday because Dudley said the Fed is looking to hike rates 2 times in 2016 so the market bought usd even though the nfp was below expectations. They said he did it to confuse the market.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    I read again what you wrote, if you lower the pip's value (which means a smaller trade) then it depends how many pips that trade made. If it wasn't enough because the trade that was stopped out was a bigger position than it would take another small trade to cover the loss. I see what you mean and it is down to the risk management you do.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Originally posted by withnail View Post

I am not in the trade(s) but, again I must take issue with this statement - unless you are trading the same pip value for each cross/pair (which is extremely unlikely) then 100 pips gained in one trade does not equal 100 pips lost in another. That is the fallacy of this signal.

I am not saying it's a bad system, but pip counts (and, therefore, the results shown on the performance page), are pretty much meaningless.
    I will take the recent trades that they gave this week as an example. USDCHF hit the stop with about 90 pips (forget about the +100 pips profit in EURNZD that was made before). The trade they gave after USDCHF is in about 140 pips profit. 20% partial was taken in +90 pips and the second partial (again 20%) was taken in about +130 pips. The trade is still open. If you are in and close it now then that would cover the loss that was made in USDCHF and you will be in a profit. I am already out of the trade once it reached 100 pips. It does not mean every profitable trade will cover a trade that was stopped out as you say but with time they are ok, look at all the trades they gave in April.

I am adding that yes, if you change the trade sizes that will affect the pip's value. I personally don't use the same trade size but I am sure many do. I also exit and enter when I want.
    Last edited by Timothy24; 05-04-2016, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy24 View Post
    So far they gave 2 trades this week. They were long USDCHF, the stop was about 90 pips and the spike down got the stop. The other trade is still open, in about 100 pips profit so it covers the loss. Like I wrote before, they dont do dozens of trades.
    I am not in the trade(s) but, again I must take issue with this statement - unless you are trading the same pip value for each cross/pair (which is extremely unlikely) then 100 pips gained in one trade does not equal 100 pips lost in another. That is the fallacy of this signal.

I am not saying it's a bad system, but pip counts (and, therefore, the results shown on the performance page), are pretty much meaningless.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    So far they gave 2 trades this week. They were long USDCHF, the stop was about 90 pips and the spike down got the stop. The other trade is still open, in about 100 pips profit so it covers the loss. Like I wrote before, they dont do dozens of trades.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    They one trade was closed yesterday, about +100 pips in EURNZD. There are no open trades now. Month was pretty good, GBPNZD was the best.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    That last trade I updated was in gbpcad. They moved the stop above the entry and took some partials when it was in a nice profit. The market took out the stop so some profit was made. There is one trading open now.

They were going to short usdjpy earlier this week (sunday night) but they didn't. They thought about shorting it on Wednesday night but they didn't go for it. This was their reason for shorting usdjpy, they published it on Sunday, worth a read https://www.ddmarkets.com/the-weekly...ding-strategy/

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    The latest trade is in +70 pips, stop above the entry, partials were taken at different levels, the highest was with +100 pips. I decided to play along with this after GBPNZD. Only one trade is open.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Just updating ddmarkets decided to pull out GBPNZD, just over +400 pips. Like I said, I made less but I am fine with that, it happened to me a few times before already but I would rather get profits when I can. They gave a new trade yesterday. They dont have many trades open at the same time, they usually start with one.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Ah, ok. I got the emails but not the alerts themselves, as my subscription ended yesterday. Anyway, good luck, I hope the signals continue to work out for you - I'll be keeping an eye on things over the next few months.
    I see, ok. Thanks, good luck in the market. If you come across something interesting hit me up in a pm.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    Ah, ok. I got the emails but not the alerts themselves, as my subscription ended yesterday. Anyway, good luck, I hope the signals continue to work out for you - I'll be keeping an eye on things over the next few months.

I see, that's fine then. The one from yesterday, after the daily chart closed. They gave 3 entries for 3 different pairs and only took one. They were right on all three. I dont usually write trades that are open because its not fair to them but I guess because the stop already moved (they emailed on this, I am already out), they went long in GBPNZD from 2.0711.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    No - I cancelled my subscription a day or two ago. Which trade are you talking about? As I mentioned, the number of pips is pretty much meaningless from my perspective..
    I see, that's fine then. The one from yesterday, after the daily chart closed. They gave 3 entries for 3 different pairs and only took one. They were right on all three. I dont usually write trades that are open because its not fair to them but I guess because the stop already moved (they emailed on this, I am already out), they went long in GBPNZD from 2.0711.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    No - I cancelled my subscription a day or two ago. Which trade are you talking about? As I mentioned, the number of pips is pretty much meaningless from my perspective..

Withnail, are you in this trade? Its over +300 pips now. I didnt re-enter but +90 pips is fine with me.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Withnail, are you in this trade? Its over +300 pips now. I didnt re-enter but +90 pips is fine with me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X