Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy24
    replied
    That trade I pulled out from is in +200 pips now. Its alright, I am personally used to it and I am happy with my +90 pips. Is anyone else still in this? I am just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Originally posted by withnail View Post
    I'm still not at all convinced it is possible to make money from this signal (and that comes from someone who has been running it for almost a year).

To give an example, it looks like we are about to hit another SL on the EURGBP trade. If so, I will lose 93 pips. On the recent EURCAD trade, I made 100 pips. On that basis, and looking at their performance page, one would assume that I would end up in significant profit after those two trades. The reality, however, is that those 100 EURCAD pips added 0.4% to my account, but if we hit the SL on the current trade, I will lose 3% (as it's a full SL). In short, their performance page, and their stated r:r for each trade is absolutely meaningless, and every time a SL is hit, it takes 4 or 5 winning trades (which are effectively partial closures rather than full TPs) to break even.

I would love this signal to work for me but I genuinely don't see how it can.

EDIT: SL just hit on EURGBP trade.
    What they do is give the trade and explain the reason for it. They do send updates on partials like you said but the risk management is done by the traders themselves. I will give you an example, that new trade they gave yesterday is in +90 pips now, I already took profit on it, I am not waiting for an update from them. You are wrong about that it takes 5 trades to break even, I am sorry that it didnt work for you. A performance is measured over a long period of time and not several trades like the ones' you mentioned. My best suggestion to anyone who is considering to be with them, do your own risk management, I personally change the lot size from trade to trade, exit and enter when I want.

About the risk ratio, it is the risk ratio at the beginning of the trade and it is downsized based on profits and technical levels. Like I said before, I pretty much do what I want, all I care about is the entry. One more thing, they are ok with commodities and indices but not as good as forex.

I am adding this, take every trade they give. I know you missed their best trades this month. I take every single trade but like I said I change the lot size depending on the strategy they give.
    Last edited by Timothy24; 04-22-2016, 07:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    I'm still not at all convinced it is possible to make money from this signal (and that comes from someone who has been running it for almost a year).

To give an example, it looks like we are about to hit another SL on the EURGBP trade. If so, I will lose 93 pips. On the recent EURCAD trade, I made 100 pips. On that basis, and looking at their performance page, one would assume that I would end up in significant profit after those two trades. The reality, however, is that those 100 EURCAD pips added 0.4% to my account, but if we hit the SL on the current trade, I will lose 3% (as it's a full SL). In short, their performance page, and their stated r:r for each trade is absolutely meaningless, and every time a SL is hit, it takes 4 or 5 winning trades (which are effectively partial closures rather than full TPs) to break even.

I would love this signal to work for me but I genuinely don't see how it can.

EDIT: SL just hit on EURGBP trade.

Originally posted by Timothy24 View Post
    So far a couple of trades are running. The best trade this month was the long GBPJPY that they made over +200 pips. I closed it early but I am still happy.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    So far a couple of trades are running. The best trade this month was the long GBPJPY that they made over +200 pips. I closed it early but I am still happy.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Originally posted by Okda View Post
    Sent you a pm regarding subsets ddmarkets

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for letting me know, I would have missed it otherwise

Leave a comment:

• Okda
    replied
    All ddmarkets trades are closed now. The last 4 signals, USDCHF, USDJPY. GBPJPY and EURCAD made some good money.
    Sent you a pm regarding subsets ddmarkets

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    All ddmarkets trades are closed now. The last 4 signals, USDCHF, USDJPY. GBPJPY and EURCAD made some good money.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    For those that consider joining ddmarkets signals, there are 2 open trades at the moment, both are in a profit with the stop above the entry. If they give any signals its at the daily close so its either later today or on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Thanks - I like to trade with the same percentage risk each time, so the difficulty I have is knowing when to reduce it.
    There are a few things you can do. So far they recovered from every trade that was stopped out so sticking to a fixed percentage will work of itself out if they will continue to recover. You can see all their trades for the past 2 years. The reason why I change the lot size is if that September 2014 month will happen again. Statistically it might happen again at some point. So I give myself a certain range of trade sizes, because I know they dont keep many trades open at the same time it makes it easier. The partials is actually a good strategy in the long-term but many times I exit the trade if I think the price will not keep trading in the way it should. If the price goes down again (assuming the trade was long) I re-enter with a smaller trade size. Most of their trades are in a profit initially like CADCHF for example. Because they use longer time frames then its also for people that dont sit next to the computer all day. If you cant be next the computer watching the trades then try and work out a strategy that suits you. I cant really advice because I dont know your trading style and everyone is different. I hope this was helpful.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    Thanks - I like to trade with the same percentage risk each time, so the difficulty I have is knowing when to reduce it.

I change the positions size form trade to trade so I can't really answer it. Even I try all the trades are still open, I can only answer that once they are closed. They usually write when they take a risk, which is not many times. If I see they write that I usually take a smaller trade if it helps anything. If you have 3 SL that means gold as well. They dont do very well in gold but there were very few trades in it. The same thing happened a few months ago, they got stopped out by a bit and then it went all the way up.

That Sod's law happens to everyone, its alright. My only suggestion is to trade how you want and use their guidelines when you want, that's what I do.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Sod's law but unfortunately I sat this week out whilst I thought about how to trade these signals.... [emoji849]

However, even if I had taken the signals I'm still not sure I would be in profit for March/April. I had three full SLs, and from what I can see there have only been partial TPs in this week's trades so far. Put another way, if you were risking 2% for each of the current signals, would you have made more than 2% from any of them so far?
    I change the positions size form trade to trade so I can't really answer it. Even I try all the trades are still open, I can only answer that once they are closed. They usually write when they take a risk, which is not many times. If I see they write that I usually take a smaller trade if it helps anything. If you have 3 SL that means gold as well. They dont do very well in gold but there were very few trades in it. The same thing happened a few months ago, they got stopped out by a bit and then it went all the way up.

That Sod's law happens to everyone, its alright. My only suggestion is to trade how you want and use their guidelines when you want, that's what I do.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    All Manual System for Forex and CFD's

Sod's law but unfortunately I sat this week out whilst I thought about how to trade these signals.... [emoji849]

However, even if I had taken the signals I'm still not sure I would be in profit for March/April. I had three full SLs, and from what I can see there have only been partial TPs in this week's trades so far. Put another way, if you were risking 2% for each of the current signals, would you have made more than 2% from any of them so far?

Well, GBPJPY is in over +300 pips now but I am already out. The other 2 trades that are open, one is in +100 pips, the other is in +50 pips. So the total at the moment is something like +450 pips but for me only +150 because I closed GBPJPY yesterday. Like I told you, ddmarkets always recover from losses so far, their worse performance was in September 2014, you can see that in their track record. I hope you made some money out of it withnail and got your MM right.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Well, GBPJPY is in over +300 pips now but I am already out. The other 2 trades that are open, one is in +100 pips, the other is in +50 pips. So the total at the moment is something like +450 pips but for me only +150 because I closed GBPJPY yesterday. Like I told you, ddmarkets always recover from losses so far, their worse performance was in September 2014, you can see that in their track record. I hope you made some money out of it withnail and got your MM right.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    I dont know how many people use them or whether this will help anyone but I pulled out ddmarkets long GBPJPY now with about +240 pips, its enough for me and there is an interest rate announcement tomorrow in England.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    This is what ddmarkets had to say on eurusd before the gains, interesting read. https://www.ddmarkets.com/eurusd-bul...16-fx-outlook/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X