X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy24
    replied
    Originally posted by withnail View Post
    I disagree - I think results have been very poor since the re-start and, as I said before, I cannot find a suitable way to trade these signals due to MM issues. Risking a fixed percentage per signal has lost me a lot of money over the last month. Reluctantly, I'm out - although I will keep watching from the sidelines.
    Only 2 trades hit the stop so far in forex, 2 closed with some profit (not much, only partials) and 2 trades are open, maybe 3 later. If its not working for you then I agree. I wouldnt use the same lot size if you continue with them, I wrote about it before a while ago. Their worst performance was over 2 years ago in September, since then they are holding.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    I disagree - I think results have been very poor since the re-start and, as I said before, I cannot find a suitable way to trade these signals due to MM issues. Risking a fixed percentage per signal has lost me a lot of money over the last month. Reluctantly, I'm out - although I will keep watching from the sidelines.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Not the best opening after they started again but not the worst, made some pips over their last jpy analysis. Looks like this week they will have a go at GBP.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Originally posted by withnail View Post
    The problem I repeatedly have with this system is one of money management. As has been mentioned before, the stated R:R is skewed because of the partial closures that are taken, so in my experience a full TP almost never happens (but a full SL does). The other issue I have is that they appear to use variable stop levels to manage risk, but I don't really understand how this can be effective unless you're using fixed lots - which seems unworkable given the number of different pairs traded (each with their own pip value).
    I'll tell you what I do but I am guessing everyone has different ways of managing the positions. I change the trade size from trade to trade, sometimes I take partials early or exit the trade when I wish. Once the partials are taken it can never be the full SL because of the partials. I asked them a long time ago about the take profits and they answered that they have no intention of carrying the trade in full to the take profit. They usually dont take partials until the trade is in at least 40 - 60 pips profit or if they believe the trade is not going as it should so they take partials with a smaller profit (20 pips for example). About the variable stops do you mean they are not fixed stops? I dont think thats what you meant but some pairs like GBPJPY for example need a bigger stop than EURGBP for example because of the volatility.

They say what they do but I am sure there are many traders like me that do what they want.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    The problem I repeatedly have with this system is one of money management. As has been mentioned before, the stated R:R is skewed because of the partial closures that are taken, so in my experience a full TP almost never happens (but a full SL does). The other issue I have is that they appear to use variable stop levels to manage risk, but I don't really understand how this can be effective unless you're using fixed lots - which seems unworkable given the number of different pairs traded (each with their own pip value).

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Looks like they started again 2 weeks. I asked them what was going on and they said they had to temporarily suspend all operations and they apologized for it. They sent a few signals so far, there are 2 open trades.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    A real shame, I liked them a lot. They just stopped sending out signals/responding to emails without any explanation or warning [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• khalatov
    replied
    Hi.
    As I know it doesn't provide signals any more.

Отправлено с моего Nexus 5 через Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Okda
    replied
    Anyone still following them?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    replied
    Seems not... I emailed them a few days ago and have heard nothing. Normally they respond very quickly.

Originally posted by alazarus View Post
    Is ddmarkets still operational? I signed up with them a week ago and have received no confirmation or trade alerts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• alazarus
    replied
    Is ddmarkets still operational? I signed up with them a week ago and have received no confirmation or trade alerts...

Originally posted by Timothy24 View Post
    I didn't think about the time zones but yes. They usually give the signals at the daily close, some times after the London fix. The updates they send are usually throughout the US session, some updates are in the European session. I don't know if you are still in but there are 3 trades open, total profit it of all is about +300 pips. I agree $10k or more will give you a good start if you don't want to over-leverage.

Leave a comment:

• Okda
    replied
    what lot size for each trade if the account will be 10k$ as suggested?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Timothy24
    replied
    Originally posted by beaumz View Post
    Hi Okda,

Personally I only like to use 1% risk per trade, however you could go up to risking 2-3% per trade if you are comfortable with that. They measure their performance in pips so there is no solid set risk just a RR ratio for each trade idea, for example they will say a particular trade idea is 1:3 return or 1:5, longer term swing trades that require a few hundred pip stops. You have to manually enter the trades yourself on your account this is not a connected signal to the simpletrader network. It's a good service that you can try out for a month or 2 see how it fits into your own trading. Your own timezone is important too as i miss a few signals as i am asleep during new york session. It would be best to use if you are mainly awake for whole of london and most of new york session. Balance wise will have to be min 10k+.
    I didn't think about the time zones but yes. They usually give the signals at the daily close, some times after the London fix. The updates they send are usually throughout the US session, some updates are in the European session. I don't know if you are still in but there are 3 trades open, total profit it of all is about +300 pips. I agree $10k or more will give you a good start if you don't want to over-leverage.

Leave a comment:

• beaumz
    replied
    Hi Okda,

Personally I only like to use 1% risk per trade, however you could go up to risking 2-3% per trade if you are comfortable with that. They measure their performance in pips so there is no solid set risk just a RR ratio for each trade idea, for example they will say a particular trade idea is 1:3 return or 1:5, longer term swing trades that require a few hundred pip stops. You have to manually enter the trades yourself on your account this is not a connected signal to the simpletrader network. It's a good service that you can try out for a month or 2 see how it fits into your own trading. Your own timezone is important too as i miss a few signals as i am asleep during new york session. It would be best to use if you are mainly awake for whole of london and most of new york session. Balance wise will have to be min 10k+.

Leave a comment:

• Okda
    replied
    Originally posted by beaumz View Post
    Yep there was a great short that has made me break even. Taking partial profits throughout the life of the trades is a sound strategy but imo you need a decent chunk of capital to make it worthwhile with this service. Think i might halt trading till jan to wait for better market conditions.
    may you share your thoughts about suitable balance and risk to follow this signal
    thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X