Betatrader - Swing Trading System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Okda View Post
    May I ask when do you move the sl to breakeven?
    I am asking to learn not to argue cause Eurgbp was more than 75% into profit and it went back to sl, thought that moving that much into the green would trigger the decision to move sl to BE

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Hi Okda,
    As linked by sanriopurin, I'm used to move my SL to BE when the Price reaches 1:1 and when I can expect more than 1:1.
    In general, moving the SL at the break-even can be tricky depending on the system because if you do it too soon, you don't let the trade express himself and you can have a lot of BE trade. And if you put it too late, you can have more losing trades.
    I consider that a setup is valid or not if it reaches 1:1. It was not the case for the EURGBP. It can be frustrating because as you said it came near to the TP.
    However, if I did it I would have protected this trade but I would have lost the profit of the previous GBPNZD Daily trade. The Daily GBPNZD setup I took reaches 75% profit too before coming again at the entry price to fall again after. And you can see where the Price is now.
    Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
    I'd also like to know this as I felt like the market robbed us of a win there purely due to weekend gap political news. Are there ever any breakeven trades?
    Yes, there are breakeven trades on a regular basis. And there will be in the future too. I can remember my Daily EURNZD trade last year where I put my SL to BE after reaching 1:1, the price touched my SL and just after goes very well for 5:1 ratio. But it's like that, it happens sometimes and has to be accepted.

At the moment, the USDSGD H4 trade is not cooperative at all since the beginning but the price came again near the entry price during the Asian session. However, this setup is technically really lovely. I trade rarely this pair so I jump into a trade only when it worth it and it's the case here :-) But it's possible that it will be loser too. Again, it can be frustrating relating to the loss of yesterday. This is part of the deal with the Market when you trade.
    The NZDCAD Daily setup looks more friendly for now.

Have a nice day

Comment

• By 1:1 you means that it reached the tp level, right?
      In this case you increase the tp and set sl to BE, correct?

Thanks in advance and again I am understanding to learn not to criticize

Comment

• Originally posted by AlisaP
        Have you ever heard about Forex?
        My name is Alisa, I'm 28 years old and work as a finance adviser and expert in social media.
        I worked as a social media account manager for many years and like to promote my knowledge for others.
        After I finish collage I worked in VOP media as a finance adviser -Create financial plans for clients or sell financial products for them, I loved this job and find it very providing. I continue as a professional in finance and media and found a partnerships with companies who likes to have a great opportunity with the online marketing and trade marketing.
        Please share your Email and phone number if you want to join me.
        Thanks
        Alisa
        No what is Forex? Please tell me I never heard about this thing called Forex before

Comment

• great read man. you speak my language...

did you try to go sub 4 hours charts with this approach? Should basically work on all time frames I would say ..

Comment

• got notification at 11:47 (GMT+2) that the NZDCAD trade was closed due to takeprofit hit, this is 13 minutes before market open

anyone else ?

very weird
            Attached Files

Comment

got notification at 11:47 (GMT+2) that the NZDCAD trade was closed due to takeprofit hit, this is 13 minutes before market open

anyone else ?

very weird
              Market gap due to poor NZD data pre market. Closed at 8918 for me.

Thanks Beta. 😎

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                Market gap due to poor NZD data pre market. Closed at 8918 for me.

Thanks Beta. 😎
                Was it also closed 15 minutes before market open?
                I know about gaps, but this is the first time to see a trade closed due to tp or sl before market open

Comment

• And now big retracement on USDSGD...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                    And now big retracement on USDSGD...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
                    Sl hunting by LP and banks

Comment

By 1:1 you means that it reached the tp level, right?
                      In this case you increase the tp and set sl to BE, correct?

Thanks in advance and again I am understanding to learn not to criticize

In this case, yes. When I say 1:1, I speak about the Risk:Reward ratio, 1:1, it's when the price reaches the same amount of money than we risked.
                      I don't systematically increase my TP, it depends on the context of the pair. If I aim more than 1:1 so I can put my SL to BE.
                      No problem, don't hesitate if you have any question. Sometimes, there is some delay but I answer ;-)

Originally posted by ales View Post
                      did you try to go sub 4 hours charts with this approach?
                      Yes I tried few years ago but it was not satisfying for me. I live traded and backtested 1H chart with this methodology but the winratio is lower and the drawdowns higher. And it depends more on the higher timeframes context...

Originally posted by Okda View Post
                      It mainly depends on your broker. I don't know when yours is "opening" the market but as you should know the Forex market is never "closed".
                      The majority of brokers just restrict the access over the week-end because of the poor liquidity.

Comment

I know about gaps, but this is the first time to see a trade closed due to tp or sl before market open

No I checked it was closed 1min after open.

Comment

• hello all, does any of you know if it matters whether a FIFO compliant account is used with this signal or not? I'd like to know, as I have a US FIFO restricted Oanda account to possibly connect this signal to. Thanks for any help.
                          /Hansen.

Comment

• Fifo should be fine since the trader only opens a single trade per pair, he might trade other pairs but for the same pair only a single trade

Comment

• Wow, that GBPCAD trade scalated quickly to the stop loss. That hurts!

Comment

• Did it hit SL on your account?
                                It didn't on mine yet

Comment

Working...
                                X