Betatrader - Swing Trading System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Betatrader,
    I really like what I have read and will be subscribing to your signal. Due to all the craziness I decided to wait until things settle which brings up my question: Are you going to trade this week with volatility the way it is or do you take a break when the market goes nuts like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Betatrader View Post
      And I'm no more using EasyOrder :-)
      Curious. What do you use now? I like the ease of EasyOrder, but plan to write my own that actually calculates things right. Sangmane (the author of EasyOrder) is releasing new versions, but compiled only. I haven't tried his/her latest versions.

I used to use VO-Pro (from hanover on ForexFactory) but with the 600+ builds it doesn't work and there were not enough sales for him to bother to upgrade it.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyomoma View Post
        May I ask you the following:
        - While you were backtesting your strategy, how much was your winrate ? Was it similar to your current live accounts winrate of about 80% ?
        Im very puzzled because I tought such Winrate with a RR of 1:1 was nearly impossible to accomplish.... Are you on a winning streak ? Or it is actually possible to achieve ?
        You're welcome, thanks for your comment.
        When I did the backtesting of my system few years ago on the majority of pairs on decades, my winrate was between 75% and 85%. If I take the overall winrate (relating to all my manual backtests), it's between 75% and 80% as I recall. So, yes it was pretty close to my current winrate. In fact, having such winrate is possible because I often aim "only" 1:1. If you decrease the average R:R, you can have a better winrate. But when you will lose, it will be more than your averaged gain. All depend of the expectancy of your system (Winratio x Average Gain – Lossratio x Average Loss). As you know, the winrate alone doesn't make sense, you have always to put it in perspective with the R:R. If you increase your average R:R, your winrate will decrease proportionally and vice versa. That's the statistics.
        I'm on winning streak but it's pretty usual. As you can see in my history, my max number of consecutive loser trades is 3 (3x2% = 6% drawdown).
        Of course, it's possible to achieve, you can check by backtesting yourself :-) All the profitable traders I know using this system (as said before, several traders use it too in slightly different ways) have approximatively the same winrate (between 75% and 80%).

Originally posted by deweymcg View Post
        Hello Betatrader,
        I really like what I have read and will be subscribing to your signal. Due to all the craziness I decided to wait until things settle which brings up my question: Are you going to trade this week with volatility the way it is or do you take a break when the market goes nuts like this?
        I could trade this week if the price of the major pairs get out of the Monday range. As usual, when the market see this kind of volatility, it tends to consolidate in the big move range. It's not likely that I will trade as long as the Price will be in the previous candle range (we could see some inside Daily candles, like yesterday, in the coming days on the majority of pairs). To trade, I need to see the Price making new highs and new lows on a Daily basis. The big Monday candles on our charts distorted a bit the Market. It has to consolidate and recover.

Originally posted by idempotent View Post
        Curious. What do you use now? I like the ease of EasyOrder, but plan to write my own that actually calculates things right. Sangmane (the author of EasyOrder) is releasing new versions, but compiled only. I haven't tried his/her latest versions.
        Now, I calculate my lotsize manually. You can find online tools like this one to do it : http://www.babypips.com/tools/forex-...sitionsize.php.
        Since I have time when I put an order on the Market, I can calculate it manually :-)

Comment

Which pairs you trade? Do you have specific list of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Betatrader View Post
            You're welcome, thanks for your comment.
            When I did the backtesting of my system few years ago on the majority of pairs on decades, my winrate was between 75% and 85%. If I take the overall winrate (relating to all my manual backtests), it's between 75% and 80% as I recall. So, yes it was pretty close to my current winrate. In fact, having such winrate is possible because I often aim "only" 1:1. If you decrease the average R:R, you can have a better winrate. But when you will lose, it will be more than your averaged gain. All depend of the expectancy of your system (Winratio x Average Gain – Lossratio x Average Loss). As you know, the winrate alone doesn't make sense, you have always to put it in perspective with the R:R. If you increase your average R:R, your winrate will decrease proportionally and vice versa. That's the statistics.
            I'm on winning streak but it's pretty usual. As you can see in my history, my max number of consecutive loser trades is 3 (3x2% = 6% drawdown).
            Of course, it's possible to achieve, you can check by backtesting yourself :-) All the profitable traders I know using this system (as said before, several traders use it too in slightly different ways) have approximatively the same winrate (between 75% and 80%).

I could trade this week if the price of the major pairs get out of the Monday range. As usual, when the market see this kind of volatility, it tends to consolidate in the big move range. It's not likely that I will trade as long as the Price will be in the previous candle range (we could see some inside Daily candles, like yesterday, in the coming days on the majority of pairs). To trade, I need to see the Price making new highs and new lows on a Daily basis. The big Monday candles on our charts distorted a bit the Market. It has to consolidate and recover.

Now, I calculate my lotsize manually. You can find online tools like this one to do it : http://www.babypips.com/tools/forex-...sitionsize.php.
            Since I have time when I put an order on the Market, I can calculate it manually :-)
            Thanks for the precise answer,
            Make sure you always compare your lotsize calculed manually with babypips ^^

Good luck with your trading

Comment

Originally posted by smejko View Post
              Which pairs you trade? Do you have specific list of them?
              I trade these pairs : EURUSD, EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCAD, EURAUD, EURNZD, GBPUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF, GBPCAD, GBPAUD, GBPNZD, AUDUSD, AUDJPY, AUDNZD, AUDCAD, AUDCHF, USDJPY, USDCAD, USDCHF, NZDUSD, NZDJPY, NZDCAD, NZDCHF, CADJPY, CADCHF, CHFJPY

I can trade these too but it's really rare :
              SILVER, GOLD, USDSGD, SGDJPY, AUDSGD, EURSGD

I will update the first post to put these additional informations

Comment

Hi BetaTrader, Maximum number of open trades? nc!

Comment

Originally posted by nc! View Post
                  Hi BetaTrader, Maximum number of open trades? nc!
                  It's in his first post....

I can have a maximum of 4-5 trades opened at the same time but it's very rare.

Comment

Hi Beta,

just signed up for a subscription to your signal, will see how it goes for a few months but your results speak for themselves. Excellent risk management with solid returns. Since you will hopefully be around for a long time, will you consider to offer 6 month / 1 year subscription prices in the future?
                    cheers, beaumz

Comment

Originally posted by uzhivach
                      I'm also interested for 6 or. 12 months subscription if price is lower?
                      +1 ..........

Comment

Me too !! I would like to see 6 months offer!

Comment

Me too already a follower would like to see longer sub period.
                          Thanks for the signal

Comment

12 months please

Comment

Okay, message received loud and clear :-)
                              I will create a 6/12 months subscription this week

Comment

Beatatrader,

Are you working on any trade setups for this week?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X