No announcement yet.

Betatrader - Swing Trading System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Betatrader I see some orders closed with 0 profit can you explain reason if any? Thanks nc!

Comment

Hi, probably because sometimes he sets SL to Breakeven. And sometimes it is hit.

Comment

Arkoon are you following this signal. Trades take long time 14 days average that's the style. Withdrawing could be a problem if trades are continues. The DD is fantastic mixing with a scalper could be good. cheers nc!
        Last edited by nc!; 08-13-2015, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Hi. No I will subscribe in september, I am observing for now. It is the only signal I know here that does not average, grid, marti, scale in..... 1 trade 1 tp 1 SL and that s it. So it's very safe, to loose much you need to loose many trades in a row.

Yes trades as they aim sometime at hundred of pips it can take a while. But in money it's always the same, 2%. he adjust lotsize.

Mix with something? Not much things reliable here Sometime you want to mix to diversify and this is costly..

Comment

Originally posted by nc! View Post
            Hi Betatrader I see some orders closed with 0 profit can you explain reason if any? Thanks nc!
            Hi nc!
            As explained by Arkoon, it's due to the break-even. When a trade has reached 1:1, I like to put the SL at the break-even because the Price Action can retrace heavily. You can see it on the previous EURAUD trade for example (and on a lot of my trades). After having reached the 1:1 level, it has gone to my SL. On the AUDNZD, I wanted to let him run but took the caution to put my SL at the break-even knowing that this week (it's a weekly trade) was decisive for a potential reverse. And seeing where the price is currently on the AUDNZD tells me I was maybe right :-)
            It's not a problem for me, it's like no trade occured. The market will give other trades to my system :-)

Comment

What to say it looks good. Potential reverses is in the graph or in the news schedule i wonder or both? How do you forecast these? I am not a trader so the question maybe foolish...
              cheers nc!

Comment

I joined betatrader thanks for the offer..nc!

Comment

Originally posted by nc! View Post
                  What to say it looks good. Potential reverses is in the graph or in the news schedule i wonder or both? How do you forecast these? I am not a trader so the question maybe foolish...
                  cheers nc!
                  Hi nc!
                  The potential reverses I look for are always in the charts. It's not systematically reversal, it can be trend continuation trades too. I don't care about the news. I forecast the potential trades by analyzing the price behavior in contact to major and significant Support & Resistance levels (the link of my system description is in the first post). Thanks for subscribing, I sent you an email, don't hesitate to ask me questions by email or here, I'm always pleased to answer.

Comment

Hi Beta I took my first swing trade of betatrader closed in profit 170.1 pips profit 11.9 positive due to better entry at the time of subscription. Thanks betatrader. nc!

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for a great month so far and stress free signal.

Comment

One of the best signal around. Totally stress less signal, you always know how much you can loss and rocover from 2% loss is not so painfull.

Comment

Hi Betatrader,

why in some months there's so much difference between your 2 accounts on Myfxbook?

February
                          Historical 6.19%
                          Daily&H4 3.51%

March
                          Historical 32,68%
                          Daily&H4 15,27%

I also have seen this in the stats:
                          Advanced statistics
                          Longs Won: (1/8) 12%
                          Shorts Won: (32/38) 84%

Will disabling the copy of longs improve the profits?
                          Last edited by Blob; 08-24-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Yr good if u stick to this 2% per trade dd .. yet y do u have big difference in the 2 accounts results ... in march one produced 15 % and the other was 35 % ??

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blob View Post
                              Hi Betatrader,

why in some months there's so much difference between your 2 accounts on Myfxbook?

February
                              Historical 6.19%
                              Daily&H4 3.51%

March
                              Historical 32,68%
                              Daily&H4 15,27%

I also have seen this in the stats:
                              Advanced statistics
                              Longs Won: (1/8) 12%
                              Shorts Won: (32/38) 84%

Will disabling the copy of longs improve the profits?
                              Hi Blob,

There are differences because of the risk used on these 2 accounts was a bit different during 2 months as you can see in my history.
                              I used a tool which miscalculated the lotsize (called Easyorder) due to the currency of my new account (EasyOrder calculates risk only in $) and the little money of my historical account (as I let only $1500 on it, with some trades, like Weekly for example, the stop was wider, so the risk was a bit higher on my historical account (4% or even 6% on 1 or 2 trades, which is huge) and a bit lower on my Daily&H4 account (1.5% or even 1% on 1 or 2 trades, which is tiny). As you can see, in my history, since this miscalculation, the trades are risking the same amount : 2%, as usual. To be honest, the purpose of my "historical" account is just historical, I don't care about this account. My main public account is the new one (daily&H4). It's the reference. And I'm no more using EasyOrder :-)

You could disable longs orders on this signal but I don't think it's a good idea. The losing trades are part of all trading systems. If you do that you could avoid some losers long trades, but you could avoid some winner long trades too. What's important is the overall picture at the end of the year.

Originally posted by Sherif View Post
                              Yr good if u stick to this 2% per trade dd ..
                              :-)
                              It's been years I use only 2% per trade... I never changed it (except with exceptional temporary technical issues) and I will never change it.
                              You know, in the small retail Forex individual investors world, you can ask yourself if a trader can stick to it's risk management rules. But in the serious investment Forex companies, you don't have the choice. If you're not using stoploss : you can't even trade (to be honest, it's the least a financial trading structure can do... I don't even understand how it's possible to trade the Forex without stoploss). And if you're risking more than X% per trade, your trade is invalidated. Again : it's normal. Forex is not poker, if you are serious, you can't expose money of other people like you want, you have to follow rules and the system around you has to check them regularly. You can't "all in".
                              To finish : changing the risk exposed on the trades you took (risking 1% on 1 trade and risking 10% on the next trade for example) is statistically wrong and less efficient in risk management. You never know when a trade will be a loser or a winner (unless you're a extraterrestrial entity), so you have to treat every trade with the same respect, with the same risk.

Don't hesitate if you have other questions or if my explanations are not clear

Comment

Hello betatrader,

You are very transparent and this is very appreciated ! Your last post was also interesting regarding Forex companies standards and money management.

May I ask you the following:
                                - While you were backtesting your strategy, how much was your winrate ? Was it similar to your current live accounts winrate of about 80% ?
                                Im very puzzled because I tought such Winrate with a RR of 1:1 was nearly impossible to accomplish.... Are you on a winning streak ? Or it is actually possible to achieve ?

PS: I loved your article regarding "timing your entries", that is something that I have not read anywhere else !!

Comment

Working...
                                X