Betatrader - Swing Trading System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Betatrader View Post
    Generally speaking, if you use a trading system which is not working properly when a lot of people use it, you can be really skeptical about the efficiency of this system.
    If you are speaking about the risk of time delay when plenty of orders are filled in the same time, it's more the scalping style trading which is concerned as pearcy2 mentioned it. But in this case, it's not due to the system itself but rather the technical architecture behind it.
    Here, we're in a swing trading system. We have plenty of time to put an order, plenty of time and liquidity to be filled, using major Support/Resistances levels (where the biggest order clusters are located). With these kind of system the number of orders, the spread and the slippage are not a problem.

Edit (I forgot to reply to sanriopurin) :

Let me know if you still have the problem because I entered the Market today. You should have one running trade on GBPNZD.
    But experts said a strategy will stop working if too many people use it. Isn't that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by dummyFX View Post
      But experts said a strategy will stop working if too many people use it. Isn't that true?
      No. They are not experts or your not reading it correctly. This strategy will never ever have a problem. Don't stress. Vipers strategy will. Scalper vs Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by dummyFX View Post
        You can look into any FX order book (some brokers can provide this opportunity) and make an estimate: it will need to be billions of dollars of trading volume with exactly the same entry and exit points to slightly affect the markets on that large timescale. That is one of the biggest advantages of this trading style: it can be scaled up to almost any investment sum without visible decline of the result.

Comment

• yes indeed, awesome trade, hope the GN will follow it and hit tp

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nice start to the year!

Comment

• 'Waiting for A+++ setups'.....working nicely beta

Comment

• Today GBPNZD trade was only 40 pips away from TP, but now is 350 pips away. Luck is not on our side .

Comment

• ya I was tempted to close it myself
                  waiting for the next down move

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Glad I waited--another nice trade!

Comment

• There are two types of investors replies:
                      1. What is going on?/I'm leaving (after some losing trades)
                      2. Great work!/Nice trade (after some winning trades/getting out of a DD).

In my point of view the only way to make profit long-term is to choose traders you think are professionals, share your capital between them, maybe set hard SL on some % of capital you wish to preserve in case of some unpredictable crisis and then only check it on a monthly/quarterly basis. If you know when to close the trade or when to stop better then the trader, why do you trust that trader at all? If he is a professional, he knows when to close the trade better than you by definition. And if he is not, than there is no logic in subscribing to his signal. Just something to think about for investors reading threads here.

And the number of these traders will never be great, because 99% of forex traders fail in the long-term perspective. If you have a so-called "widely diversified portfolio" of traders, than one of the following is right: either some (most) of these traders are not professionals, or you are the industry giant with tens of professionals working with you and for you. In the second case you will hardly participate in discussions here, and in the first case you will likely lose money sooner or later.

By the way, Beta got out of the DD on his master account. It only lasted 4 months, which is very short time for a professional. It is also an indication of whether signals are suitable for investor at all: if it's completely OK for an investor to have 4-6 months DD, then he might have a chance to succeed in this area. Not every investor is ready for this. Otherwise bank accounts might be more suitable place for money.
                      Last edited by AntX; 02-11-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntX View Post
                        then only check it on a monthly/quarterly basis.
                        I agree with most of what you say in your post, but you have neglected an important point in your statement.

Most here are using a signal copier and VPS.
                        This introduces a lot of moving parts, any one of which could cause a potentially big problem.
                        The signal provider's terminal can lose connection to the copier.
                        The VPS can crash or fail in some other way.
                        The signal copier itself has the potential to fail.
                        The signal subscriber's terminal can lose connection to the broker's server, or crash.
                        Under certain conditions, the subscriber may experience large slippage, which can turn winning trades by the signal provider into losing trades for the subscriber.

For these reasons (and I'm sure there are others) it cannot be seen as a "set and forget" method for mirroring trades.
                        This infernal machine has to be monitored to ensure it keeps working.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillHuppert View Post
                          This infernal machine has to be monitored to ensure it keeps working.
                          Yes, thanks for the remark. But it could be easily done automatically: notifications on lost connection/DDs, automatic stops when equity drops below certain point, etc. It's a lot more effective than do these things manually and it doesn't require sitting and monitoring your account every day.

Comment

• Does everyone have a USDSGD trade?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                              Does everyone have a USDSGD trade?
                              Yes I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                                Does everyone have a USDSGD trade?
                                Yep, EURGBP and now a new USDSGD tarde.

Comment