Clear All

Originally posted by TitanTrader View Post
    Enjoy the profits made by AtlasFX.

200% is reached and new equity highs!

Best regards,

Sam
    Good job, well done!

Comment

I hope you enjoy the profits made from AtlasFX, I certainly do =). We have new fellows onboard as well this couple of days, I want to welcome you all to the team!

Warm welcome!
      Attached Files

Comment

Monthly AtlasFX.jpg
        Last edited by TitanTrader; 09-01-2016, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I wish everyone god luck and many happy pips to come!

Comment

Comment

That gbp/jpy trade was an unlucky entry. Im wondering till where are you letting it run against you ? -20% at the stoploss ?

Comment

Unusual trade to say the least. Never seen him running 200+ pips risk against him... worrying.

at least its within the trend so there is a chance we get back to b/e but you never know, trends do change from time to time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

-1650 euro. Its a nice first week as a subscriber. Lowering risk with these kind of dangerous trades...

Comment

ouch ... losses are part of the game obviously but this one was really exceptional as Sam clearly went agst his normal risk management ... 200 pips? I just hope we wont see this again, especially when trying to make it back quickly.

Comment

Sam,

Is this trade against the normal? Would appreciate if u can comment.

Comment

Originally posted by ales View Post
                        ouch ... losses are part of the game obviously but this one was really exceptional as Sam clearly went agst his normal risk management ... 200 pips? I just hope we wont see this again, especially when trying to make it back quickly.

Comment

I understand your frustration and edgy respons there, Sam. No worries. All I wanted to say that you are doing a great job thru Atlas Fund especially when cutting the losses early (havent seen a 200 pip risk for whole year ive been following). And I hope you will continue to do so further and wont be "willing to make it back quickly" by risking 200 pips for a 20 pips gain... Im sure you wont.

Keep up the good work. Stick to your game.

Cheers

Comment

I went through the trading history and
                            2016/03/31 23:49:51 2016/04/01 05:00:25 161.598000 161.029000 0.70 Buy GBPJPY -315.40 -56.9 -2.93% 3581768
                            2016/05/03 20:09:10 2016/05/03 22:00:00 154.809000 155.452000 0.68 Sell GBPJPY -359.50 -64.3 -3.28% 3667274
                            2016/02/28 22:39:34 2016/02/29 07:01:45 157.741000 156.858000 0.58 Buy GBPJPY -417.09 -88.3 -4.57% 3475101
                            2016/02/07 23:29:14 2016/02/08 08:11:23 169.696000 170.346000 1.27 Sell GBPJPY -638.19 -65 -5.36% 3426881
                            2016/01/12 23:40:06 2016/01/13 06:29:10 170.087000 170.898000 1.25 Sell GBPJPY -797.94 -81.1 -6.63% 3348319
                            2016/10/11 22:31:41 2016/10/12 05:36:41 125.660000 127.224000 0.61 Sell GBPJPY -837.41 -156.4 -8.22% 4404745
                            Today was the biggest lose ever for this system but on the bright side it has traded GBPJPY many times and the results do speak for themselves. It's a good system with accurate entries! I hope that helps

Comment

Risk Management for Atlas.png
                              Hi Sam,

Could you please look into this and see if you have any comments on what i have highlighted.

From what i can see you could make 3 simple alterations.

For 100 GBPJPY trades to lose ALL of their profits and and more on just a single trade makes absolutely no sense at all to me and I am sure to you. If I was following your signal and it took an 8.22% loss on a single trade I'd be annoyed and I would put money on the fact that you are annoyed too. So my question is why even bother taking that risk at all??

This is from your bio for the signal.
                              ------------------------------------GBPJPY pair uses 300 pips SL (Wide SL is just for protection against unpredictable events) and 300 TP, please bear in mind that we have calculated the risk and correlation with the other pairs traded and the result is less exposure and less risk to our account. We dont intend to hit SL when trading GBPJPY and we have never hit SL when trading this pair. We use wide SL and the purpose is to prevent spikes and big movement hitting us in the market. The MAX DD is carefully calculated and it will not exceed 20%. --------------------------------------

So that loss happened on the 12th of October. Not even the flash crash day. So I can't figure out how this trade even got to hit 300 pips SL. Seems weird and honestly 100 trades gone out the window for what seems like no good reason?

GBPCHF seems too risky currently.
                              EDIT: okay saw in the bio that you have taken it out already.

250 short EU trades is a significant number of trades to determine that EU short do not work for your EA.

I would most definitely copy this signal if you made changes.
                              To me it seems quite better for you if I point these out, no?

I could definitely copy and just eliminate GBPJPY trades. But I wouldn't be able to copy and only take EU buys.
                              Would you consider removing EU sells?
                              Is there a reason why EU sells are not profitable? i.e. was there a massive SL on short EU in the past that has skewed results or is it just consistent losses on EU short trades?

I am only pointing these out to improve your signal.
                              I'd be really happy to hear your thoughts. I reckon this signal here could be one of the best on ST network to be honest (not including GBPJPY pair that I can't fathom)

Thanks in advance,
                              BRM

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                                Risk Management for Atlas.png
                                Hi Sam,

Could you please look into this and see if you have any comments on what i have highlighted.

From what i can see you could make 3 simple alterations.

For 100 GBPJPY trades to lose ALL of their profits and and more on just a single trade makes absolutely no sense at all to me and I am sure to you. If I was following your signal and it took an 8.22% loss on a single trade I'd be annoyed and I would put money on the fact that you are annoyed too. So my question is why even bother taking that risk at all??

This is from your bio for the signal.
                                ------------------------------------GBPJPY pair uses 300 pips SL (Wide SL is just for protection against unpredictable events) and 300 TP, please bear in mind that we have calculated the risk and correlation with the other pairs traded and the result is less exposure and less risk to our account. We dont intend to hit SL when trading GBPJPY and we have never hit SL when trading this pair. We use wide SL and the purpose is to prevent spikes and big movement hitting us in the market. The MAX DD is carefully calculated and it will not exceed 20%. --------------------------------------

So that loss happened on the 12th of October. Not even the flash crash day. So I can't figure out how this trade even got to hit 300 pips SL. Seems weird and honestly 100 trades gone out the window for what seems like no good reason?

GBPCHF seems too risky currently.
                                EDIT: okay saw in the bio that you have taken it out already.

250 short EU trades is a significant number of trades to determine that EU short do not work for your EA.

I would most definitely copy this signal if you made changes.
                                To me it seems quite better for you if I point these out, no?

I could definitely copy and just eliminate GBPJPY trades. But I wouldn't be able to copy and only take EU buys.
                                Would you consider removing EU sells?
                                Is there a reason why EU sells are not profitable? i.e. was there a massive SL on short EU in the past that has skewed results or is it just consistent losses on EU short trades?

I am only pointing these out to improve your signal.
                                I'd be really happy to hear your thoughts. I reckon this signal here could be one of the best on ST network to be honest (not including GBPJPY pair that I can't fathom)

Thanks in advance,
                                BRM

Comment

Working...
                                X