Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal - LYC FX

Hello, ALL!

Iím still somewhat new here, please someone help out.

Iím interested in calculating the minimum start capital to follow the signal LYC FX.

As I understand, given a current signal balance of 470k, and smallest orders now around .13 lots, my smallest start cap should be no less than 36 000 USD (470k/13). Is this correct? Anything lower would raise risk management above what the signal author intended, right?

Thanks, Edward. edoppg@gmail.com

the balance is in JPY ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, but I still don't see how it works.

The JPY to USD is roughly 100:1. If I follow the signal, but my account is USD, does that mean an auto conversion of some kind will take place during the copy process? If, for example LYC FX makes a .13 lot purchase, what purchase would I end up seeing in my USD account? And where would that conversion take place, in simpletrader.net or via mt4?

Comment

Originally posted by edwardopp View Post
        Thanks, but I still don't see how it works.

The JPY to USD is roughly 100:1. If I follow the signal, but my account is USD, does that mean an auto conversion of some kind will take place during the copy process? If, for example LYC FX makes a .13 lot purchase, what purchase would I end up seeing in my USD account? And where would that conversion take place, in simpletrader.net or via mt4?
        The Simpletrader control panel explains this. In the case of lyc fx, it states: ďWe've detected that the base currrency of your account is USD compared to the base currency of the master account in JPY. As a result you will need to adjust your risk to 117.67 to match the risk setting of the signal provider.Ē

So if you want to use x1 risk, you set it to 117.67. If you want x2 risk, you set it to 235.34 etc.

What views do people have of lyc fx?

Comment

Im quite satisfied with lyc fx. Had a small drop in mid Dec and recovered well. Been with him for month+ and im up cca 7%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all for your help! I do think Simpletrader could explain this a little better on the simulation page. I'll share my view on LYC FX in a day or so...

Comment

My take on LYC FX

Iíll probably give LYC FX a try. I like the Gain, low Eqty DD, low Max Pairs and leverage. I also like the short trading times (and low trading time volatility). The signal sets SLís 99% of the time. One drawback I see is a short trading history. But, painfully, long, successful trading histories often abruptly come to an end. From my analysis, LYC FX also seems to tolerate a higher risk factor.

Here are screenshots from a tool I made to analyze history files. I know sites show their own analyses (myfxbook, Simpletrader, mql5 etc.), but each in its own way and sometimes with, letís say, ďidiosyncrasiesĒ. A standard disclaimer, donít base your trading on my analysis, itís just my own opinion.

Comment

What I like about this signal in an exceptional risk-adjusted return. With the worst drawdown to date 7.93% and the average monthly return 4.85% it would take less than two months to recover.
                I like to see the maximum DD of no more than 20%, so for this signal I can safely set a multiplier of 20/7.93=2.52 and expect huge 12.2% average monthly return. Since the signal is still relatively young the DD can exceed my limit in 1.5 times, so I'll actually cut it off once it hits not 20% but 30%.
                So it's like a hidden gem which definitely deserves more attention. It would be great if a signal provider could appear in this thread and tell us a little bit more about his trading method and his approach to money management.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingr View Post
                  .......So it's like a hidden gem which definitely deserves more attention. It would be great if a signal provider could appear in this thread and tell us a little bit more about his trading method and his approach to money management.
                  Agreed. It's quite refreshing to see a trader using a (comparatively tight) sl and tp on every trade.

In fact he closes about half the trades before he reaches either. Most trades are closed in about 3 to 4 hours. The longest trade closed in 8 hours 1 minute. No sitting on huge open DDs for months on end!

A monthly gain of 4.53%, max DD 8.58%. Most traders would die for that! Though it's a pity that he hasn't more in his account. Glad to be a subscriber.

Comment

Agreed

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello
                      I would like to help
                      I was I have no idea now
                      افضل شركة فوركس تقوم تسجيل جميع عملائها ضمن الترخيص المركزي الخاص بها في الهيئة الاوروبية MFSA, وتحت رقابة MIFID , الشركة حصلت على ترخيص 27 دولة اوروبية

Comment

This is stupid ea

Comment

Working...
                        X