Smart2 Main Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peeper
    May I ask how you can see a weekend gap as it's happening before markets open?
    Get the best currency exchange rates for international money transfers to 200 countries in 100 foreign currencies. Send and receive money with best forex rates.

Welcome to the market open of the FX week, and good forex morning, afternoon or evening to all.The forex market is just getting started

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by peeper
      May I ask how you can see a weekend gap as it's happening before markets open?
      Get the best currency exchange rates for international money transfers to 200 countries in 100 foreign currencies. Send and receive money with best forex rates.

Welcome to the market open of the FX week, and good forex morning, afternoon or evening to all.The forex market is just getting started

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• I believe we could get out at be with yhe gbpaud trade .. things r in our side now .. if i was trading this situation. . I would gladely take at least half this position to brexit now ..
        It seams britian will stay in eu almost certain if we pile up the data and news coming

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherif
          I believe we could get out at be with yhe gbpaud trade .. things r in our side now .. if i was trading this situation. . I would gladely take at least half this position to brexit now ..
          It seams britian will stay in eu almost certain if we pile up the data and news coming

That's a risky move on your part. Regardless of what the polls and data are showing right now it's still a complete unknown and could still surprise the markets. Are you prepared to take that risk? I'm certainly not and I'm sure most people here aren't prepared to either. There will be plenty of opportunities afterwards, and taking such a risk is completely unnecessary. Protecting our capital should be the primary objective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The margin drastically decreased. I'm thinking about to close everything and go flat this week. This also means that I would lose about 1-year profit!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoli71
              The margin drastically decreased. I'm thinking about to close everything and go flat this week. This also means that I would lose about 1-year profit!
              Actually. . The audusd trade looks much less promising .. hope we wont let it slip far away ..

Comment

• Funny thing is we would be out of both trades if Vijay would keep the original TP at BE

I think he might add more trades to that AUDUSD, so we get out at BE, but probably after the vote. This shouldn't cause big problems as it's not related to GBP.
                Last edited by oportunis; 06-20-2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                  Funny thing is we would be out of both trades if Vijay would keep the original TP at BE

I think he might add more trades to that AUDUSD, so we get out at BE, but probably after the vote. This shouldn't cause big problems as it's not related to GBP.

Yea to bad the 1 GBP/AUD trade hit the stoploss on FOMC. We would have been in profit already.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind awfully if we kept that audusd trade. But GBP I'd prefer closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
                      I wouldn't mind awfully if we kept that audusd trade. But GBP I'd prefer closed.

Yea GBP need's to be closed but Vijay already told us he would close GBP trade before Brexit so I think we can be safe.
                      The trade is really bouncing nicely back up. If it keeps up like this I think we can exit with minimal damage.

Comment

• I see we had a partial closure of GBPAUD, so now we have less exposure going into referendum.

Vijay will you open new trades on GBPAUD once voting is done and we see Britain will stay in EU or will you wait till SL is hit and move on to next trade?

Comment

• As far as I understood him he is planning to close out completely before referendum takes place.

Comment

• Yes, but will he reopen those trades after the vote or just move on to the next pair? If Britain stays GBP should move higher and he could size this oportunity to recover our loss. Or he can just move on and look for other oportunity. I would like to know this, because if he won't trade GBP I will on my own, but due to leverage being reduced I need to know this so I can adjust my trading to it.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I have reduced the GBPAUD trade by one thirds, we only have 2/3 of the trade remaining. If we had the second trade open, we could have already broken even. But thats past. At this stage my plan is to keep a SL for the remaining GBPAUD trade. The SL will be around 600 pips away, which is the recent low. This way we can break even on the remaining GBPAUD trade if Brexit is a NO. if not, we should safely hit our SL and lose a little more. I am ok to take this risk. What do you guys think. I might change my opinion and close this trade in loss at any time, depending on how the market is reacting.I am updating this cos i have earlier said i will be going to the Brexit without any trade.

If we close this trade either at brek even or at loss, i wont be reentering it soon. I will wait for the market to settle in.
                              Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Hi Vijay in August last year there was a daily candle of over 960 pips so if there is a Brexit vote we may not be too safe with a 600 pips SL

Comment

Working...
                                X