Smart2 Main Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
    If i bet, i trade daily, every hour, every minute. I dont bet. Please do your diligence before posting anything. Look at GBPAUD chart and the place i have placed the trade. For months it has been in up trend. It only came down because of the prepoll results, which is not an economic indicator. Still ofcourse, it changes the fate of GBP. i know that. Once there is any news that Bremain campaign has some strength too, GBP will fligh high. The actual risk is only when the poll happens. Till then its only speculation. I would like to close the trade before the actual poll begins. Lets see how the market plays and take our decisions.

Thank you
    Yes, GBP crosses are coming off based on the latest referendum polls. They might turn around tomorrow, no doubt about that. Its random. There will be always news/data/events that will keep markets moving.

Charting the markets then helps to see things clearer, find trends, levels, edges, probabilities... So, yes, if we are looking at monthly charts then GBPAUD has been trending up since early 2013, I agree. And we will agree that the uptrend might get questioned only when we start getting below 1.7500. Im fine with trading monthly charts. So if this was the initial trade idea to enter at 2.0200 you have decided to risk 40% of your capital with the current size you have on.

Im really just trying to understand the trading plan behind, Vijay. I dont want to believe that we are invested in this just based on hope that Bremain campaign helps to change the poll numbers...

Comment

The only concern I still have with this signal is R:R ratio. Gladly it has been working good, however, I'd say we were lucky a few times.
      What I simply cannot understand is that one single trade can make 800 pips of a loss or even many more while we target 20-40 pips on the upside.

I didn't mean to be offensive, I was just expressing my concerns.

I lost large chunk of my capital today on my own trading but I had predefined levels and risks. With proper R:R ratio it's just the matter of time when it's recovered. Trade was not held on hope. It was closed. Losses cut! Simple as that.

Vijay if you decide to add into any of existing trades please consider putting protective stop on it.

All the best guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WooooW -800pips :S why gain is never 800pips

Comment

Originally posted by Vidster

I lost large chunk of my capital today on my own trading but I had predefined levels and risks. With proper R:R ratio it's just the matter of time when it's recovered. Trade was not held on hope. It was closed. Losses cut! Simple as that.

Vijay if you decide to add into any of existing trades please consider putting protective stop on it.
          Huh... Made almost everything back on kiwi news. This time reward was on my side.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidster
            The only concern I still have with this signal is R:R ratio. Gladly it has been working good, however, I'd say we were lucky a few times.
            What I simply cannot understand is that one single trade can make 800 pips of a loss or even many more while we target 20-40 pips on the upside.

I didn't mean to be offensive, I was just expressing my concerns.

All the best guys!

Why you always saying gain is 20 to 40pips?

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

Originally posted by SmartTrader
              Why you always saying gain is 20 to 40pips?

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
              Because I noticed that is "the usual" target on your trades. Let me clarify this. If you enter one trade you usually go for that amount of pips. If you are in a drawdown with one trade you add another one and sometimes you make a lot more than 20-40 on added trade. But the outcome of the basket is a bit more than breakeven.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong over time and you'll start shooting for more pips while maintaining limited downside.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidster View Post

Because I noticed that is "the usual" target on your trades. Let me clarify this. If you enter one trade you usually go for that amount of pips. If you are in a drawdown with one trade you add another one and sometimes you make a lot more than 20-40 on added trade. But the outcome of the basket is a bit more than breakeven.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong over time and you'll start shooting for more pips while maintaining limited downside.
                Thing is you dont know anything about my trading. This is a mix of two strategies. All along you talk about 20 pips is scalper. There is another strategy which targets around 100 pips and sometimes more. You never talk about that. These two trades are from that starategy. Please try to know what you are talking about.
                Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

We will have plenty of time to discuss the strategy.Vijay please focus your energy on how to get us out of this mess...after that we will discuss the strategy in detail

Comment

Agreed. Let's get out of dd with as less scratches as possible and continue discussing after trades are closed. Good luck Vijay!!!

Comment

Regardless of how many pips your shooting for this is still a potential disaster. A DD of 800+ pips on a huge lot size on a currency that is completely uncertain and waiting an outcome. To make it worse you've got another one poised delicately with the AUDUSD. I ask you once again Vijay, where is this supposedly low risk approach you have been speaking about? We've been asking for months now about your revised strategy and you have conveniently avoided the question. If you are going to adopt such strategies please let us know so we can understand them and make adjustments to your signals accordingly.

Comment

FYI. Margin requirements are being increased going into the Brexit vote. Global Prime are reducing leverage to 1:25 on GBPAUD & EURUSD 1:50. Other pairs vary. I would imagine most brokers will be doing this to avoid blowing up.
                        Last edited by Steve; 06-10-2016, 06:08 AM.

Comment

1:25 ? wow

Comment

all GBP pairs in Global Prime will have 1:25, including EURGBP and GBPUSD.
                            one more important detail From Saturday 18th June 2016, leverage will be reduced to 1:25 for GBP pairs and 1:50 for EUR and CHF pairs. A full list of the pairs with changes are below:
                            It will affect all week and who knows how long.

hedge is not an option - IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
                              hedge is not an option - IMHO.
                              Why not. I think it's a great option to cancel out margin requirement if the trades are not closed by then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Taruh, Vijay was talking about "hedging" gbpaud by selling gbpusd. In this case I agree with ace. This kind of hedging sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X