Smart2 Main Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick

Before the announcement he had a stop and TP roughly evenly placed on either side of price. If the Brits had stayed it probably would have hit that TP, unfortunately they left and he hit the SL, but before the vote the likelihood of the stay was much much higher, so this to me seemed like a reasonable decision to make to me.

The real danger, and what I think we were all concerned about, was a huge market gap that didn't honor the stop loss. That didn't eventuate.

I agree, that this isn't a normal market event, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't look at the situation pragmatically and take a view considering the situation we were in before the vote.
    I do accept the rational behind leaving the trade open at brexit nick and fully accept the loss .. and since the bullet is already shot now and we r all relaxed ..
    I think really vigay should answer the - never replied - question that we all asked a week ago .. why did we let the trade run 1000 pips away ??? . And the earlier basket just before this 1 we had a breakeven closure for it .. though it ran later 600 pips in profit ( we never waited for the profit honestly just 2 trades closed as soon as BE ).
    My real concern now is that we r turning to either breakeven or big loss .. as we dont hunt for big wins as earlier as vigay had his strategy going long ago ..
    Still fully trust vigays skills yet trading hasent been his normal stragey lately .. donnu what changed ..
    Thnx

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pure gable, and yes this month all decisions was bad .

Comment

• There are no excuses: a trade like this is irresponsible, non-technical and extremely risky.
        I honestly got tired of being at the mercy of professed professional traders, to gain little and lose much .... and also pay for it.
        If I wanted to make a bet I would have gone to the betting parlor: I expect a responsible attitude from those who administer my money.
        Luckily for me I closed this trade (and also my subscription) last week.
        To all I give sincere advice: if you like trading in forex, you study, you follow a coaching and you make directly your trades. Definitely will derive more satisfaction.
        Without risk, in six months you will already be able to make trades with a minimum of technical sense and earn money (finally).

Comment

• best option will be to close trades and re enter after results,.... not gambling the news look GBPAUD spike and also SL slipped 150pips on AxiTrader

Comment

• Was Vijay on the wrong side of the Scottish referendum?

Comment

• Yes completely irresponsible trading. It appears he goes along nicely for awhile but every now and then he gets a rush of blood to the head that causes these big DD's. And those seem to be around risky events like this one and NFP last year. If you're a good trader you don't need these risky events to make money. He made almost 5% last month without any risky moves. Why can't that be the norm?, instead of these occasional big risks followed by big losses that just pisses everyone off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Edited: I was a little harsh.
                Last edited by dazz1975; 06-26-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Very upsetting.

Comment

• Certainly disappointing.

That said I hope this will be a constructive learning experience, where Vijay comes to respect major pending news events and doesn't manual trade in seeming disregard of them. No disrespect is intended Vijay, but doubling down on a failed GBP position with a potential doomsday looming on the horizon was not the best decision.

That all said, as bad as this was, it could have been even worse, and in light of the steadily increasing equity curve demonstrated by the strategy earlier, I'm willing to stick around to see if Vijay puts this hard lesson to good use and the trading benefits going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrealistik View Post
                      Certainly disappointing.

That said I hope this will be a constructive learning experience, where Vijay comes to respect major pending news events and doesn't manual trade in seeming disregard of them. No disrespect is intended Vijay, but doubling down on a failed GBP position with a potential doomsday looming on the horizon was not the best decision.

That all said, as bad as this was, it could have been even worse, and in light of the steadily increasing equity curve demonstrated by the strategy earlier, I'm willing to stick around to see if Vijay puts this hard lesson to good use and the trading benefits going forward.

I will also stick around. Hoping he learned he's lesson.
                      Luckely I already took my loss and made some decent extra profits from BREXIT so I'm not having any losses.
                      Lets hope we see a nice recovery.

Comment

• It seems that all losses we had were caused by GBP pairs, so he should be extremely cautious knowing referendum was in June. Also I pointed out that he should leave TP at original BE in that case we would be out of both trades, but due to fear and info at that time he probably wanted to have less exposure.

But all this is past now, what is the current plan on open trade now? Wait till Brexit settles down and re-enter? It retraced a little so if there is a good chance USD will gain strength and go lower it could be good entry level or do you think it can go higher?

Comment

• Fellas! time to pray for AU now.
                          Please post AU plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by oandagut
                            Fellas! time to pray for AU now.
                            Please post AU plan?
                            200 pip move up and down and we stand clapping ... honestly ... this is not trading ... this is hold and pray hard ..

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• too much manual intervention to system.
                                lol@stexit

Comment

Working...
                                X