Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XGL High Returns Signal, PAMM & MAM Discussion

Final Update.

GBP flash crash last Friday surprised us all. Since then I decided to let my father try and trade his way out of it, despite that we breached our 30% dd limit as well as having more than 15 un-hedged trades at times. We have closed all the USDJPY trades today, and will be closing the other trades soon.

I would like to apologize for the loses. It has really been a humbling experience and a demonstration of the huge risks that exists in the forex market.

I will be turning the signal off next week. Please close all your positions ASAP.
    Last edited by hardyli; 10-14-2016, 04:13 AM.

Final Update.

GBP flash crash last Friday surprised us all. Since then I decided to let my father try and trade his way out of it, despite that we breached our 30% dd limit as well as having more than 15 un-hedged trades at times. We have closed all the USDJPY trades today, and will be closing the other trades soon.

I would like to apologize for the loses. It has really been a humbling experience and a demonstration of the huge risks that exists in the forex market.

I will be turning the signal off next week. Please close all your positions ASAP.
    Last edited by hardyli; 10-14-2016, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Hi hardyli, it would be great if you could show an account with a longer history than just a few months. A longer history will take you far here.

Comment

I am following this provider and I do not recommend for the following reasons.

1. Counter trend scalps, Always trying to catch the intraday reversals.
        2. Holds losses for very long time ( tries to offset the losses with new scalps , similar to fx viper style)
        3. Begins hedging or trading in opposite direction after accepting a 20-30% open drawdown.
        4. Small pip gains, I followed with ICMarkets and since the signal is Fast, the follower gets less pips overall.
        5. Pip Expectancy is 2.5 Pips. - commission - slippage.

After 1 month , no profit, a lot of risk and a lot commission paid to the broker

Comment

Originally posted by ScottFX View Post
          Hi hardyli, it would be great if you could show an account with a longer history than just a few months. A longer history will take you far here.
          Hi ScottFX,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I would also like to have a longer history to show. Unfortunately we do not. Father has been taking a hiatus from trading for a while due to family business and lack of success from trading. My recent involvement in the following of Forex Signals sparked his passion for trading once again. So the last 3-4 months history is all we have to show. Initially he did not set out to trade with the intention of providing signals but simply to prove to ME that he can do better than all the signals that I am following. Last year, I had convince him to join all the MAM's out there. FX Viper, FX Fusion, Smart2, FX-LYC, but he was unsatisfied with the performance and decided to take matter into his own hands. His biggest AHA moment is when I showed him how FX Viper can make money by trading very small size and having people following him and profit share. Father's biggest downfall previously is lack of risk management. As when he traded last, the minimum lots was restricted to 1.0 lots, so you are bounded to get margin called sooner or later. Now the game has changed completely.

I am a big believer in honesty and transparency, I have learnt that from Nick here. His honesty and just being a straight up guy is the reason I started this journey and I still thank him till this day. I can answer any question you may have, provided it is relevant and sensible. (Believe I have seen a lot of nonsense emails and PMs).

Regards,
          Hardy

Comment

HedgeBitcoin I just recently subscribed to him and for me the results are the same. Sometimes I get about 0.5 - 1 pip positive slippage.

@Hardy if your XGL50, which is set at 0.5x risk of your master, has max. DD set at 50% what does this mean for the master account? That the risk is 100% or trade till margin call? Could you let us know what is the max. DD on your master signal?

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
              I am following this provider and I do not recommend for the following reasons.

2. Holds losses for very long time ( tries to offset the losses with new scalps , similar to fx viper style)
              3. Begins hedging or trading in opposite direction after accepting a 20-30% open drawdown.
              4. Small pip gains, I followed with ICMarkets and since the signal is Fast, the follower gets less pips overall.

After 1 month , no profit, a lot of risk and a lot commission paid to the broker

https://i.gyazo.com/0f4543eda609221d...c80af763e9.png

Hi,

I respect and appreciate your honest opinion and your feedback. I will attempt to answer each and every one of your points.

This is not always true, we trade both counter trend and trend following strategies.

You are exactly right, we have a style similar to FX Viper, and at much higher risk. Hence why we are able to obtain our returns that we have.

While in a DD, we will often trade in both directions for the same pair. I do not see anything wrong with this strategy.

Slippage is inevitable when following signals. This applies for pretty much every signal out there.
              That is one of the main reasons why we decided to start PAMM & MAM accounts. To eliminate slippages.

Currently our average win is 5.56 pips. Pips expectancy is 4.8 pips. Please check our XGL Master myfxbook page.

Thanks for the links. According to your link, if you check our equity from start of the month was $15,141 and currently $15,122. It has been a difficult month for us, no one likes to be in a drawdown. But being pretty much breakeven for the month equity wise, I would by no means call it a disaster.

We have only been on simpletrader since 30th June 2016. You followed us from 3rd July. It has only been less than 3 weeks for you. I think you are coming to a conclusion too soon, don't you think?

So far I do not see any of your points as a strong valid argument for not recommending people to follow us.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
              Last edited by hardyli; 07-22-2016, 01:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                HedgeBitcoin I just recently subscribed to him and for me the results are the same. Sometimes I get about 0.5 - 1 pip positive slippage.

@Hardy if your XGL50, which is set at 0.5x risk of your master, has max. DD set at 50% what does this mean for the master account? That the risk is 100% or trade till margin call? Could you let us know what is the max. DD on your master signal?

Did you mean negative slippage? Positive slippage is rare and should be more beneficial to your account.

XGL50 is set @ 0.5x risk to master. I knew this would create some confusion. For the XGL50 PAMM I have decided to put the max equity protection levels at 50% as the worst possible scenario (In theory this will never be able to reach as master account would be margin called way before 100%.) Letting client know that they will still have at least 50% of their initial capital should the shi*t hit he fan one day. BUT regarding our Master account, currently our max history DD is at 57.8%. We could say that our max DD level is set at 60%, but that would be untrue. We will do everything in our powers to avoid it ever getting close to it. You can see in our current DD we start to close positions for a loss after breaching the 30% mark. But personally we do not have equity protection set for master account, so yes theoretically we are able to be margin called, if one day aliens do attack earth and the currency market rocks up and down 1 millions pips both directions. Let's hope that won't happen.

I have recommended many many times for subscribers to start following at lower risk settings. I do not recommend following at 1.0 risk.

XGL20 meanwhile have a monthly target of 4% and max DD capped at 20% (which it will never be able to reach). Currently yielding a 11% gain, and 8.7% max DD. Is this not attractive enough compared to other signals?

What I am trying to point out is that our signal is very aggressive and high risk. But if you tone down the risks, then it becomes a very safe signal while still being able to generate respectable monthly returns.

Regards,
                Hardy

Comment

Thank you for your reply Hardy. This has answered every concern I had. Yes I have positive slippage sometimes, so once this happens I get slightly more pips, but overall my results are almost the same as your master, so I am happy I joined your signal. If you will be closing trades for more than 3 pips, than every subscriber should be fine and get profit or in worst case trade will be closed at BE (if they get slipped).

Comment

Hi Hardy

been onboard since the 8/7/2016

Like others slight positive slippage here so that all good,

I agree it is a risky stragety, so anyone onboard adjust to your own tolorence,

I agree a flat month is not a disaster,

//Ben

Comment

Hi oportunis and dupapa,

Thank you for following me and having faith in us so far. Glad to hear both of you get positive slippages sometimes. I recognise both of your names from the forums.

Yes knowing your risk tolerance and then follow my signal is very important. Even my personal accounts only follow at 0.5x risk max. It's not that I don't trust my father. It's just that I know that greed kills in forex and being conservative and well diversified in my portfolio will get me further down the road.

On average we make more than 3 pips on our winning trades for sure, it is around 5.6 pips. Due to the nature of our aggressive strategy, we would like to take off a winning trade and reduce risk as soon as we are able. Hence at times with high number of open trades, we will often close at 1-2 pips. But typically we aim for 3-5+. Get in and out of the market is the way we like to trade.

We are making nice recovering since DD, and is in fact at higher equity level compared to start of month.

Regards,
                      Hardy

Comment

Following the Signal for two weeks now. I'm very happy with the results and the money management (cutting losing trades). Hope that you are here for the long run ! Best regards Alex.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you Alex for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by alexgrote View Post
                            Following the Signal for two weeks now. I'm very happy with the results and the money management (cutting losing trades). Hope that you are here for the long run ! Best regards Alex.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

Only if that was the truth.... Followers that joined since the beginning are still floating losses on USDJPY, 400 pip loss.

I never said anything about a disaster here. I am only sharing my experience and what is really taking place because there isn't a Strategy Detail.

The pip expectancy was based on the signal when it went public and 2.5 is correct.

If you can explain the system in further details ( the hedging on usdjpy wasn't expected and you didn't say anything regards this technique. I also didn't see this being used in the previous trading history.) I'd be more inclined to follow for another month. I have a few days left and some more information will be needed.

Comment

Hi HedgeBitcoin,

Everytime we hedge, we have explained it on the simpletrader.net news/update page.

Our currently expectancy for July is 2.8 pips, this is neither high or low by any means. But what is significant here is that we have traded 569 trades for July, while typical traders trade 20-100 time in a month, depending on how active they are. This is where we shine.

As you may or may not have read, this is 100% manual trading. So I would not call this a system. We don't have clearly defined strategy, we take what the market gives us and adapt on the fly. Everything is 100% discretionary. We would also not be comfortable disclosing various aspects of our strategies. However I could say that we look at the various RSI and SMA, while looking for confirmation at different fibb levels. But this would not help you one bit in understanding how we trade. And frankly I don't think you need to know exactly how we trade, this is exact why you pay us, to follow our trade so we can do all the work for you. You should be confident in knowing that we are trading with significant amount of our own money with the intention of making money and is managing the risk appropriately. Selling signals was not our main intention.

Customers who joined since 2 weeks ago, are also in the same floating DD as you who have joined right at the beginning of the month.

Floating DD is very common in trading forex for 1-3 months, sometimes even 6-12 months. Our current DD just reached 2 weeks. At the same time we are consistently trading, with equities surpassing the equity at the beginning of the month. 1st July equity $15,141, current equity $15,727. If we become flat now, we have made 586 which is 3.85% gain. Yes we are under performing, but I am sure everyone would be happy to have gained 3.87% in 1 month.

I don't know what else we can do to please you.

Regards,
                              Hardy

Comment

Working...
                              X