Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES, WE ARE FLAT!!

Monthly gain: 17.62%

In the past 2.5 weeks we have endured the most severe (in terms of pips) and the longest DD since inception. Yet we have managed to keep max DD at 33% by limiting our exposure, while end up making an almost 18% gain for the month (still 3 days left to get to 20%).

We have shown that we are not afraid to cut losers and will stick with our view on the market and flip direction when deemed necessary. I hope you are pleased with how we have managed this DD and have more confidence in our ability to trade for you in the future.

Thank you to those clients that have stuck with us. Your overwhelming support gives us confidence and great motivation to keep on going.

Comment

Good Work, happy to be onboard

Thanks for working out of the DD was good to watch

//Ben

Comment

I am on board buddy. I liked how you got out of the last DD and providing updates here. Hopefully you are here for the long term and look after our accounts.

Comment

Welcome, glad to have you onboard Scott and Ben. As always, I am here to answer any questions you may have and will keep you updated throughout the month.

Comment

Dear Hardy
            What about the current usdjpy situation ? I feel that the jpy strength isnt over next week.. thank you. Alex

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alexgrote View Post
              Dear Hardy
              What about the current usdjpy situation ? I feel that the jpy strength isnt over next week.. thank you. Alex

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

Hi Alex,

We feel that the price should at least retrace back to our level of 2nd entry. As always we will be looking to manage our exposure and make pips while in DD. The downward move also caught us by surprise. Should it move closer to 100 then we will begin to reduce our risks by cutting trades as we have done in the past. We think it is unlikely, but we have to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Anything can happen in forex, as long as you are prepared, then you will be fine.

Regards,
              Hardy

Comment

July Monthly Recap

Monthly Gain: 27.77%
                Max DD: 33.35
                No. of trades: 661
                Winning %: 97.3%
                Pips gained: 1804.9

Current DD: ~16%

July has been a difficult month for many traders. Following the aftermath of Brexit vote, the market was still trying to find the right balance. We have experienced the biggest DD (in terms of pips or move against our initial entry). However we were able to maneuver nicely during this DD to make some nice pips to help offset it, and eventually got out with new equity highs.

Once again we were able to achieve our monthly target of 20% gain.

It is a little unfortunate to be in another DD not long after having the peaceful feeling of a flat account. As always, we are confident in getting out of DD and make new equity highs for the month.

The price increase will be postponed until we are out of this DD.

Best regards,
                XGL Team

Comment

Hi, it looks bad on usdjpy. You already had several shorts open and I thought you protected us with hedge only to find out several hours later they were closed for few pips while we got in even bigger drawdown. I also see your PAMM accounts are different than signal. Howcome you closed trades on master but not on PAMM? Is there a difference? Do you have any plan to trade us out of DD or will you close all if it reaches your max. loss tolerance? I would also suggest not to trade on the last day of the month especially if it's Friday, due to profit taking as this can trigger more volatile moves. Also going heavy into the news isn't good. We have NFP this week...

Comment

yup have to agree oportunis, I too saw the hedge earlier and though cool, then like you logged in later to find hedge gone and now DD a lot bigger

I have tried to email the vendor to understand how he is going to play this out from here

still awaiting a reply

Comment

Hi, I have been following your signals via signal start app. Is this any different from here?

Comment

Originally posted by Krishna Murali View Post
                        Hi, I have been following your signals via signal start app. Is this any different from here?

Hi Krishna, there is no difference, the trades are following the same Master Account.

Comment

Originally posted by dupapa View Post
                          yup have to agree oportunis, I too saw the hedge earlier and though cool, then like you logged in later to find hedge gone and now DD a lot bigger

I have tried to email the vendor to understand how he is going to play this out from here

still awaiting a reply

Hi Ben, I have replied to your email. If you want to discuss anything further, I would be glad to answer all your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                            Hi, it looks bad on usdjpy. You already had several shorts open and I thought you protected us with hedge only to find out several hours later they were closed for few pips while we got in even bigger drawdown. I also see your PAMM accounts are different than signal. Howcome you closed trades on master but not on PAMM? Is there a difference? Do you have any plan to trade us out of DD or will you close all if it reaches your max. loss tolerance? I would also suggest not to trade on the last day of the month especially if it's Friday, due to profit taking as this can trigger more volatile moves. Also going heavy into the news isn't good. We have NFP this week...
                            The reason we took off the hedge was that we felt strongly about that there was a reversal. It was a 'gamble' we were willing to take, but sadly it did not play out in our favour. Looking back probably should've waited for more confirmation of reversal, but obviously hindsight is 20/20. We must admit that we have controlled our risks poorly on these baskets of trades. We will learn from our mistakes and make improvements.

Our view on the USDJPY is that it is likely reached the bottom. If we are correct, then we should see some nice moves back up to our 2nd basket of 8 trades in the coming days. Now, if we are wrong, we will continue to close some open trades for a loss. We have shown previously our ability to recover in the DD and that our recovery period is fairly short.

The PAMM accounts just went live on 1st August. It did not catch all the previously opened trades.

Thank you for your warning on NFP, we are aware and will tread water carefully (well as carefully as we can consider the current dd).

I understand that during a big DD, everyone is on edge and uncomfortable. I am actually impressed about the level of maturity from clients and that no one has cursed at me thus far. I feel it is during the biggest and longest DD period that shows the true character of a trader. We are confident in our ability to get us out of this DD and return to equity highs.

Thanks for your understand and your patience.

Kind regards,
                            Hardy

Comment

Originally posted by hardyli View Post

Hi Ben, I have replied to your email. If you want to discuss anything further, I would be glad to answer all your questions.

Hi Hardy

Cheers mate have seen an responded, thanks for getting back to me

//Ben

Comment

I am so happy to find this page. At least I'm updated on the signals and can discuss. Cheers mate

Comment

Working...
                                X