Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Follow Ryan (analyst)'s trades and copy them into your account automatically!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan
    replied
    Originally posted by oportunis View Post
    Ryan is the simpletrader EA connected OK? I noticed there are 2 trades opened at the same time. This is the first time I see this, so just checking if this is OK?
    Yes, this is correct. I accidentally entered 0.04 pending order when I meant 0.08. So I placed two 0.04 lot trades at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Ryan is the simpletrader EA connected OK? I noticed there are 2 trades opened at the same time. This is the first time I see this, so just checking if this is OK?

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Huh, look what GBP pair is doing, as I suggested before it would be wise to avoid any GBP pair for the moment untill all brexit fiasco is taken into market. Now it can happen anything, if liquidity freezes no SL will be honored and we can lose more than initial capital as it happened with CHF black swan event.

Leave a comment:

• Vidster
    replied
    I was writing before how counter trend trading will unavoidably bring many 7% hits. It just impossible to avoid them.
    The good thing is that
    You obeyed your 7% rule and I applaud you for that.

Wouldn't you have done that accounts were are wiped by now on this flash crash.

I wish you all the best with recovery and especially with changing/adapting counter trend strategy.

I remain following this thread

Leave a comment:

• Drcdp
    replied
    Respect for fronting your stream today Ryan. Hope the recovery goes well.

Leave a comment:

• davidkalugin
    replied
    I will stay as I like your honesty and updates
    thx let's all hope for the best

Leave a comment:

• Ryan
    replied
    Hello everyone!

As you can see I took a -7% loss today. Yes, it hurts but -7% really isn't to bad and is not hard to recover.

The past 2 months have been tricky trading not just for me but for some of the best traders out there as well. Our GU trades hit the -7% SL cut off today. I could have held longer but I didn't think it would be a good idea. I do think the GU may continue it's downward spiral.

Now, pushing forward to recovery. What's the plan?

I plan to scalp while evaluating some changes to my counter-trend method. The changes will be well-thought out and it's why some time will be needed to see how to best approach the recovery considering the current trending market. As you may know...The market goes in phases. Right now it's in a heavy trending phase and has been for the unusual long while of 2-3 months. Once the market is back to more normal behavior where it's giving us a combination of ranging and trending, we will be back in business.

Meanwhile I will be looking into possible changes to help with DD, loss and profit. I don''t want to be searching for these actively during live trading so that's why I will be going back to my scalping roots for the time being. While I search out positive changes to my counter-trend trading I will be scalping this account.

Don't be worried about this as I have lots of profitable experience scalping.
    I've made over $15k in my scalping over the past 16 months. I scalped 2 accounts. My first account I grew by 93% and the 2nd by 69% ad withdrew all the profits. You can find my past live results here...

My scalping will have you in and out of trades in minutes. We will take small profits each trade but they will add up. My Risk profile will be the same! I will close trades at no more then -7%. Profit expectations are 2-4% per month.

I ask that you stay with me and trust that I can continue to profit long-term even though I'm temporarily changing strategies.

Thanks for you're support and patience!

Ryan

2016-10-06_1146.png

Leave a comment:

• Ryan
    replied
    Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
    That was painful to watch. Glad it is over. Breaking multi year lows it was one risky basket.

In hindsight Ryan do you believe that holding a trade beyond no technical support or resistance levels for over a decade was like rolling a dice and praying for a good result or were there other factors which you saw opportunity?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I don't regret holding onto my GU trades. The more it continued to make new lows the more a bounce was likely. I watched price action. My entry's were good regarding the price action but the fundamental pressure on the GBP was just to much. We don't fully understand what's going on in the UK just yet. Most are just predicting a rough Brexit recovery NOW and it's what's been driving the GBP to new 15 year lows this week.

I do regret 1 of my 5 GU orders in the GU basket but other then that, I think it's the only thing I did wrong considering we didn't get any official news numbers that drove the price down. Just rumors.

Bottom line is....Losses happen and I was forced to take one this time.

Leave a comment:

• dazz1975
    replied
    That was painful to watch. Glad it is over. Breaking multi year lows it was one risky basket.

In hindsight Ryan do you believe that holding a trade beyond no technical support or resistance levels for over a decade was like rolling a dice and praying for a good result or were there other factors which you saw opportunity?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Last edited by dazz1975; 10-06-2016, 01:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan
    replied
    Originally posted by Flexable View Post
    -46% is recovered from the Goodboy debacle so far...
    We all knew the risk involved here Flexable....

Leave a comment:

• Ryan
    replied
    Originally posted by EricB View Post
    Thanks for nothing, Would prefer to get that refund back that would help... not even a full week into the paid subscription and no returns. Did good for month I don't know what to say about all this... Not Happy either way... canceled and deleted.
    Of course you would be upset. Completely understandable.

Look, things happen is there's no guaranty in trading. It's been a tricky past 2 months for me. I've had some of my best weeks and some of my worst.

You have to keep in mind...

The past 2-3 months haven't been tricky just for me. It's been difficult for even the best of traders here including Viper, Smart2, Goldstar, Killimangaro and Steady capture. Everybody is struggling in one way or another. Just because some of these traders have not had huge losses does not mean they aren't struggling. For example, Goldstar even wen't threw some of his heaviest DD in many many months just a week ago. Right now trading is some of the hardest it's been since I've been profitable the past 16 months.

The traders that can battle it out during these tricky trading times without losing their pants are the ones that can really make it threw anything. Yes, my account lost a lot of profit today but it's still very much recoverable.

I am sorry to those that took the loss with me today on on both Simpletrade and the recovery MAM. Losses really are hard but they do happen. I understand that many of you will leavemy signal and I understand the reasoning. I won't be going anywhere and plan on continuing to recover this account. Yes, it will take time but we'll get there.

Thanks for your support! It's time for recovery.

Leave a comment:

• Flexable
    replied
    -46% is recovered from the Goodboy debacle so far...

Leave a comment:

• EricB
    replied
    Thanks for nothing, Would prefer to get that refund back that would help... not even a full week into the paid subscription and no returns. Did good for month I don't know what to say about all this... Not Happy either way... canceled and deleted.

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    It looks like we will get hit with max. loss. The good thing is we still have whole month to reduce damage, but this will be probably 2nd consecutive month in a loss. I would suggest to avoid gbpusd pairs as this is uncharted teritory and technical analysis is not working for the moment...

Leave a comment:

• tcc97
    replied
    i see... thanks for the info.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X