Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Follow Ryan (analyst)'s trades and copy them into your account automatically!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did he withdraw 5000 from his account ? Maybe wife not letting him to trade ?

Comment

• image_2021.png

This is so odd that this trade was closed. Let me try to get down to the bottom of this. The trade was opened then closed then reopened. Was not re-opened on the MAM account though.

I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on here. More later....

OMG! Guys! I just found out. It was a OAND problem! Double order. Look, They reimbursed me.

I really sorry you guys took the hit on this mess up on their part....

Now you have my hedge in without any GA main trade....Argh...I can't close this trade on the MAM till it closes on my account....
      Last edited by Ryan; 09-20-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Hi Ryan, can you comment on your withdraw? Usually followers dont have good opinion on small balance signals, and we just saw you withdraw almost 50% of your account.

Comment

• Okay. gc closed in loss as well. I'm not the complaining type of person however this is not funny.

Comment

• Hi Ryan GBPCAD was in profit by 40 pips and we ended up in loss. I thought you were aiming for small piece of pie as you usually close trades between 15-20 pips, was this trade something different? It's always hard to see a profitable trade end in loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
              Hi Ryan GBPCAD was in profit by 40 pips and we ended up in loss. I thought you were aiming for small piece of pie as you usually close trades between 15-20 pips, was this trade something different? It's always hard to see a profitable trade end in loss.
              Guys, There is massive confusion here.... So what happened here was the GA sell was placed twice on my account and copied to your the MAM only once. Apparently OANDA closed out the error trade on thier end and reimbursed me. Because this was a broker error things got messed up on your side. I actually came out with a small profit from the GA and GC trades.

I came out with 0.05% profit from the 2 trades combined. The GC was a hedge. Because of the broker problem, the GA was closed out early and this is why you received losses on both ends. This is the first time I've seen this at OANDA. I'm really sorry as I don't expect further issues. This whole thing was out of my control. You can see all of this on my Myfxbook. https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/p...signal/1602768

You see the $6.37 deposit today? This is the broker reimbursing me.
              Last edited by Ryan; 09-20-2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ace View Post
                Hi Ryan, can you comment on your withdraw? Usually followers dont have good opinion on small balance signals, and we just saw you withdraw almost 50% of your account.
                Yes. This would be nice to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by klass View Post

Yes. This would be nice to know.
                  Oh whoops. Forgot about this! Haha. Sorry.

Yes, I withdrew 50% of my account so I can trade my EA with an account size of $5k. The account just started today. I have not been able to find a DD cut off loss less then -35% for every $10k in the account. This is why I can't use the EA on my original live account. I'm still working on finding settings that allows for a -7% loss cut off.

I recommend a $10k starting balance although it works with much less. I'm using $5k. The most DD hit over 6 years was -55% using a $5k account. Profit expectations on my $5k should be in the 30-50% per year area. I recommend watching this live test over the next few months. I plan to put the account on Simpletrader after 3 months testing is complete.

The EA WILL NOT take over my manual trading. I plan to do both.

Here is the forward test.

Comment

• Hi everyone. Just an update on my trades....

EJ, Trying to hold this for a profit of 108 pips. It keeps bouncing in and out of profit near my entry point. The most it's pushed down so far is 30 pips. If we're in 20-30 pips profit by the end of the session today I may close it out as to not hold threw the weekend.

GA, I took a long trade on this pair. Saw a new low and a good bullish ingolfing candle. The trade went 20 pips into profit. My TP was 30. After just 20 pips it shot down very hard. No news. Just price in play here. Fears of the brexit after math have reemerged causing the GBP to fall on most pairs. I'm currently looking for a good spot to enter my 2nd basket trade. The push down has been pretty strong so I'm waiting for some slowdown before I jump in again.

DD overall is not high on the account at this point. Just -0.45%

Comment

• after this 2 month trial is over what is going to be the price of the signal?

Comment

• Originally posted by EricB View Post
                        after this 2 month trial is over what is going to be the price of the signal?
                        $60 a month after the trial.

Small update, The UCAD trades were 5 pips away from TP. Got to hate when that happens. We're still holding onto the EJ trade. Slow moving but currently in small profit.

Not a lot of movement today guys. Looks like we will need to hold tight till things start to pick up.
                        Last edited by Ryan; 09-27-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• Just a another quick update....

Closed out 0.64% profit today on the UCAD. The Poloz speech tonight went very much in my favor. I was able to hold on to the trades to squeeze out a bit more profit. Turned out nicely.

Meanwhile, My EA is doing very well at 0.40% closed profit today. Total now up to 0.45%

Comment

• Since I'm out of town this week and can not do my daily live webcasts I thought I would update as much as I can here....

I closed out my EJ short position finally. My TP was set to 108 pips but I closed it out early at 85. Price was showing me the push down was slowing and a pullback up was possible on the EJ. The pullback did happen right after I closed out my trade in profit. Thank heavens I closed because the EJ has now bounced 30+ pips up. I'll take the 85 pips any day

Comment

• Ryan maybe if you use trailing stop if trade is in profit for certain pips like 85 pips in profit it activates trailing stop and moves SL at 50 pips in profit, that way if the retracement happens you still end up with nice profit. If not you ride it to TP. This will get you some ease of mind in case you are not online to follow the trade and close it manually.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                                Ryan maybe if you use trailing stop if trade is in profit for certain pips like 85 pips in profit it activates trailing stop and moves SL at 50 pips in profit, that way if the retracement happens you still end up with nice profit. If not you ride it to TP. This will get you some ease of mind in case you are not online to follow the trade and close it manually.
                                Not a bad idea by any means but this is how I see it...

A sure 85 pips is better then 50. Having a trailing SL like this could give me the 108 pips profit if the retracement was within 25 pips but I'm also at the risk of losing 25 pips of my 85+ pips profit.

Still, you may see me use a trailing SL if I'm looking for large TPs of 150+ pips. Shouldn't happen to often though.

Comment

Working...
                                X