Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Follow Ryan (analyst)'s trades and copy them into your account automatically!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice work this week Ryan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drcdp View Post
      Very nice work this week Ryan.
      Thanks!

I've been out of town since Sunday on music tour. It's nice to know I can still have successful trading even when I'm on the road.

I'll be giving a full week update later tomorrow.

Comment

• So I had a great week trading even though I was out of town.

+1.57% total closed profit. DD was very small at under -1% all week.

A lot of people's trials for my signal are running out soon. I hope I've proved that I can trade profitably over the the long term for those of you that were trying me out. I know I've had some ups and downs but my downs have all been controlled and managed so things don't get out of hand.

I'm one of the very few PROFITABLE traders from the US that trades under US regulation. Why are there so few of us? Well, because it's a lot harder to profit under US regulation compared to your standard 500:1 leverage broker.

I hope to continue my road with you for as long as you allow me. I've enjoyed my time trading and talking with everyone here at Forexsignals so far and hope to get to know even more of you in the near feature.

Lets keep the profit coming in!
        Last edited by Ryan; 10-01-2016, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Update...

Well, We've had some GU trades go south against us. Right now we're at about -2% DD. I held on to the trades a bit to long but I did have a reason for this. I did get my original entry's based on the the 1 hour price action. While waiting for TP, the price action also showed a possible push up on the 4 hour chart as well for a double signal. This was the reason I held a bit longer. The GU struggled to push up form there unfortunately and blew past the big 1.28 support.

I've now entered a new position based on the 1 hour price action seeing another possible push up from here. Lets see if we can get some buyers back into the GBP from here.

Comment

• Another GU update....

So we're still here. My GU is down currently -3%. Now my max cut off as you know is -7%.

I'm likely to hold this trade till Friday if I don't hit TP before then. NFP is this Friday and it's possible I will close out for loss before hand. I won't know what I will be doing till we get closer to NFP. I'll keep you posted.

Comments by the PM early this week really hit the GBP hard. I got in pretty late during the push down but still getting hit. Now, you can't tell me it was wrong to jump in on the GBP when I did because the support at 1.28 was strong and really the last line of known support. Because of the support there I thought this was a good place to jump in. In the end, there was a surprisingly small amount of bounce at the level. Just because we have broken threw this 1.28 level does not mean we should close out for loss now. Just means we need to be more cautious on the next steps that are made.

Since we are in un-known territory with new GU lows anything could happen. We could see more on the downside or we could finally get the retrace we're looking for. All eyes will be on the news to decide our trades fate. I'm playing this as best I can while waiting out the storm.

We have some light GBP and USD news over the next 2 days. What happens over these days and how traders react could give us some insight into how the feature will play out before weeks end.

Where's the strategy here you wonder? It's where my trades are placed and where I continue to place them. It's important for me to try to pinpoint the retracement/reversal just before it happens and as you know I'm pretty good at that.

We still have a lot of margin and more to work with here.
            Last edited by Ryan; 10-04-2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• one more expectant to blow up money with grid and very huge stop loss

Comment

• He won't blow the account as he has hard stop at 7%, but it seems this stop will be hit more often. So far I'm 2 months with him and still no profit, around BE if we don't get hit with loss this time and last week I paid the subscription, so I hope we get some profit if not I'll re-evaluate signal.

Comment

• Originally posted by whey View Post
                  one more expectant to blow up money with grid and very huge stop loss
                  Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                  He won't blow the account as he has hard stop at 7%, but it seems this stop will be hit more often. So far I'm 2 months with him and still no profit, around BE if we don't get hit with loss this time and last week I paid the subscription, so I hope we get some profit if not I'll re-evaluate signal.
                  As opportunis said....My SL is just -7% of my account. Considering the other traders known traders here, my SL is considerably much less then the competition. Why is grid trading so popular? Because it can work.

So the GU has had the largest bounce at 1.26 that it's had all week. Since open of this week near 1.29, the GU has only retraced a maximum of 55 pips. In the last few hours the GU has pushed a total of 58 pips. The positive thing for me here is the GU bounced the most it has all week at the 1.26 whole number. This is a good sign for a continued push for me. Eyes will now be on the US data today to see if this small push up can continue.

Comment

• 7% is very huge loss, your strategy looks not profitable on long distance.

Comment

• opportunis, Yeah, it's been a tough couple of months with some ups and downs. I've tried to prevent some losses. It turned out the last 2 losses I had would have pulled out as winners. We both know that they also could have just as easily been larger losers though at -7% causing my account to be much lower then it is now. It's a very tricky game knowing when to pull trades. What I'm doing is taking preventative action and sometimes I'll be right and sometimes I'll be wrong.

Comment

• 7% is not huge if you compare it to smart2 which has 25% or goldstar with 15% or viper with 20% and so on...

Comment

• Originally posted by whey View Post
                          7% is very huge loss, your strategy looks not profitable on long distance.
                          Whey, go bug another thread as you're incredibly misinformed....

Also you say I'm not profitable long-term? Just look at my stats and you will see I'm profitable since April 2015. I'm not sure why I need to keep proving this to people ugh.....

View the profile of Forex Trader lilredry - forex trading systems, strategies and forum posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan (analyst) View Post
                            opportunis, Yeah, it's been a tough couple of months with some ups and downs. I've tried to prevent some losses. It turned out the last 2 losses I had would have pulled out as winners. We both know that they also could have just as easily been larger losers though at -7% causing my account to be much lower then it is now. It's a very tricky game knowing when to pull trades. What I'm doing is taking preventative action and sometimes I'll be right and sometimes I'll be wrong.
                            It's better to be safe than sorry. Main goal is to protect capital invested, profits will come in time. GBPUSD could retrace back to 1.2850 area. It already went to the first goal, so now it could retrace. https://postimg.org/image/oi6in262r/

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post

It's better to be safe than sorry. Main goal is to protect capital invested, profits will come in time. GBPUSD could retrace back to 1.2850 area. It already went to the first goal, so now it could retrace. https://postimg.org/image/oi6in262r/
                              Yes it is. I'm basically waiting for better smoother trading times so we can get above this high-water mark of mine.

Right now I'm looking for 1.27955 as my TP for the GU trades.

Comment

• well ryan, as a note of caution to u n your investors, your leverage employed is too big for the acc (base on the goodboy mamm of 22k equity with 8 lots of gbpusd) at 45 times.

not intending to create fear, but at this leverage the account won't survive any unexpected news when there are a lot of uncertainties coming out from brexit related news n announcements.

assuming the mt cook account has leverage of 100 times (this value is hidden so have to assume), if no change to lot size, the account can only withstand another 175 pips downwards.

if 200x leverage given by mt cook then the acc can only take an extra 50 pips, ie 225 pips from here.

these are just facts i am bringing up that if one wants to survive in the fx world one cannot trade more than 10x to 15x leverage (also assuming trader is extremely discipline here) and that has to be for a quick scalp n tight stop losses. for anything overnight or longer, preferably the leverage should be held under 10x!

so far there aren't any account be it within this community or the hedge fund world that survive long term if they use more than 10x leverage for their trading strategy.

i have nothing to do with viper, but, for ppl who want to learn how to trade properly and to survive long term (which fits nick's goal of attainting financial freedom through investing in fx) should learn from viper's discipline in keeping his lots size decent even at the expense of very low returns for this year...

this is what i call a trader who walks the talk when he said preservation of capital comes first, profit second.

all the best folks!

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X