No announcement yet.

MacroManPro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick please explain publicly how your software works.

My impression is that once the master account reached the Max Drawdown limit it would close the trades on the signal followers accounts immediately regardless of their risk multiplier setting.
    If someone followed at 2x risk they would lose 60% and if the follower has a setting of 0.5x they would lose 15%.

Comment

• I didn't blame anyone and I didn't blow the account. I reached 30% DD limit, supposedly the followers took the intended loss as outlined in the signal description, but not 1 follower has confirmed what took place on their accounts. So can someone please tell me what happened on your account because the direction of this forum is rather insulting.

Comment

• Hedge,

i went thru the whole thread and all I found was that YOU WERE STATING THAT YOU HAVE A 30% EQUITY PROTECTION / HARD STOP / CUT OFF. Now you are trying to blaim your clients that they havent put this protection to their settings or even SimpleTrader itself for a malfunction.

You were the money manager, signal provider. Only you could protect your valuable clients as they believed that YOU were respecting the 30% EQUITY PROTECTION / HARD STOP / CUT OFF.

Comment

• Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
          I didn't blame anyone and I didn't blow the account. I reached 30% DD limit, supposedly the followers took the intended loss as outlined in the signal description, but not 1 follower has confirmed what took place on their accounts. So can someone please tell me what happened on your account because the direction of this forum is rather insulting.
          how do your followers follow your signal anymore when your account has margin call? Or say, the account did not margin call and you still have the trades in your account. The point is your followers do NOT have anymore. How do they recover? wait for you if you trades still on-going.

Now, your account has margin call. Nick can even take your account off ST and how can your followers follow you? esp when we paid 3 months of subs already?

Also, you ONLY mention hard SL 30%. Did you tell anyone that you will continue to trade even after 30%??? NO. Many would not have join you if they know that, esp me!

Comment

• Originally posted by ales View Post
            Hedge,

i went thru the whole thread and all I found was that YOU WERE STATING THAT YOU HAVE A 30% EQUITY PROTECTION / HARD STOP / CUT OFF. Now you are trying to blaim your clients that they havent put this protection to their settings or even SimpleTrader itself for a malfunction.

You were the money manager, signal provider. Only you could protect your valuable clients as they believed that YOU were respecting the 30% EQUITY PROTECTION / HARD STOP / CUT OFF.

Simpletrader backoffice has a setting for the signal provider to have a Max Drawdown limit.
            When I setup my signals I adjusted this setting at 30.0 = 30% Drawdown limit.
            This setting does not need to be on or off for the client because this was a setting on the master account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pie View Post

how do your followers follow your signal anymore when your account has margin call? Or say, the account did not margin call and you still have the trades in your account. The point is your followers do NOT have anymore. How do they recover? wait for you if you trades still on-going.

Now, your account has margin call. Nick can even take your account off ST and how can your followers follow you? esp when we paid 3 months of subs already?

Also, you ONLY mention hard SL 30%. Did you tell anyone that you will continue to trade even after 30%??? NO. Many would not have join you if they know that, esp me!
              1. My account did not margin call.
              2. The followers are still connected and receiving all my new trades. About 7% gain today and I should recover the 30% loss on the followers accounts within a few weeks at this pace.
              3. The losing basket was cut off ( trades all closed on the followers). I am still working through these trades on my master account so my drawdown is still about 15% atm.
              4. I can be taken off the market place, but I can still offer the signal through the whitelabel and still have access to the simpletrader tradecopier if I choose.
              5. The customers that are still connected will be able to follow along until their 3 month subscription expires,

Comment

Simpletrader backoffice has a setting for the signal provider to have a Max Drawdown limit.
                This setting does not need to be on or off for the client because this was a setting on the master account.

To put it in simple terms. You should have stopped trading your own account as I said multiple times even prior to 30%. 30% should be a hard stop but some kind of measures should have been taken even prior to you reaching that point. You are paid very well might I add to follow your trading plan and rules. At 30% your trades should have been cut so you could recover your clients.

Comment

Never rely on software to do your job. It is your job to follow your trading plan and rules. 30% and YOU should be cutting the trades. No REAL TRADER uses software to tell them when to stop. You also told people you traded by hand but this is the same EA that slaughtered your other account. Otherwise, why keep adding trades?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie View Post

how do your followers follow your signal anymore when your account has margin call? Or say, the account did not margin call and you still have the trades in your account. The point is your followers do not have anymore. How do they recover? Wait for you if you trades still on-going.

Now, your account has margin call. Nick can even take your account off st and how can your followers follow you? Esp when we paid 3 months of subs already?

Also, you only mention hard sl 30%. Did you tell anyone that you will continue to trade even after 30%??? No. Many would not have join you if they know that, esp me!
                    great point!!

Comment

• Hang on, Hedge ... Did you add to positions despite being above the 30% DD limit? When you found out that you werent automatically stopped out why you didnt close those trades by your own?

Comment

• Originally posted by ales View Post
                        Hang on, Hedge ... Did you add to positions despite being above the 30% DD limit? When you found out that you werent automatically stopped out why you didnt close those trades by your own?
                        It's the difference in what you can afford to lose and what I am willing to lose. I stated 30% cut off and that's how it went for the followers. just as intended. For myself, I invested what I can afford to lose. The difference again is counterparty risk and understanding risk capital. I started with what I can afford to lose and I trade knowing that I can lose it all. Maybe from bad trading, maybe from a flash crash. It doesn't matter to me how or when it happens because I know it will happen at some point. That being said, I invest what I can afford to lose.

Unfortunately no one thinks like me and everyone here would rather invest everything they have into their brokerage account then trade with only 5% of their margin and have 10% equity protection on their account while they're still willing to put up their entire account up to counter party risk of Brokerages and market crashes. So be it. do as you please. Over my years of trading there are only two other traders that understand true counterparty risk and after talking with both, I've been doing it all wrong. The most recent gbp flash crash opened my eyes as it impacted me directly. Going forward I'll trade the way that best suits my investment goals, my style, and my peace at mind.

So stop clustering this forum up with your bullshit posts about what I am suppose to it. I'm sick of it. Obviously you want something that I am not giving. so please move on with your theories and rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by NextGen4FX View Post

Never rely on software to do your job. It is your job to follow your trading plan and rules. 30% and YOU should be cutting the trades. No REAL TRADER uses software to tell them when to stop. You also told people you traded by hand but this is the same EA that slaughtered your other account. Otherwise, why keep adding trades?
                          An EA, huh? You have absolutely zero proof with that statement, so stop spreading lies.

Comment

It's the difference in what you can afford to lose and what I am willing to lose. I stated 30% cut off and that's how it went for the followers. just as intended. For myself, I invested what I can afford to lose. The difference again is counterparty risk and understanding risk capital. I started with what I can afford to lose and I trade knowing that I can lose it all. Maybe from bad trading, maybe from a flash crash. It doesn't matter to me how or when it happens because I know it will happen at some point. That being said, I invest what I can afford to lose.

Unfortunately no one thinks like me and everyone here would rather invest everything they have into their brokerage account then trade with only 5% of their margin and have 10% equity protection on their account while they're still willing to put up their entire account up to counter party risk of Brokerages and market crashes. So be it. do as you please. Over my years of trading there are only two other traders that understand true counterparty risk and after talking with both, I've been doing it all wrong. The most recent gbp flash crash opened my eyes as it impacted me directly. Going forward I'll trade the way that best suits my investment goals, my style, and my peace at mind.

So stop clustering this forum up with your bullshit posts about what I am suppose to it. I'm sick of it. Obviously you want something that I am not giving. so please move on with your theories and rules.
                            Cheers man. Think you just said it all. Got no more questions really ...

Comment

• So what HedgeBitcoin is saying, is that he trades with a virtual account size much larger than what he deposits at the broker. In that case a 30% drawdown would occur frequently. But his own account will continue to trade the basket beyond the 30% subscriber limit, and would probably recover while the subscribers take a huge loss. I think everyone can agree that this guy is a ****ing asshole.

Comment

An EA, huh? You have absolutely zero proof with that statement, so stop spreading lies.
                                Obviously your doing something wrong and you are getting input from that. Lies? Prove me wrong. As I said before you should have had an account that you traded in a manner that you were comfortable with and one setup for your clients trading in the manner that you described. Your trade plan sucks to be blunt about it. Any trader would have been looking to trim positions or hedge WAY EARLIER on such a move in the market. Only a fool would stack up over 1000 pips against them with no exit plan. What you are talking about is gambling.. Not trading.. Your own quote. You put in what you could afford to lose, fully prepared to lose it. A trader does work with risk capital but its called risk management. Something you clearly lack.

Comment

Working...
                                X