Fx-Managers Strategy Description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
    I also follow them, but last 2 weeks it has been no profit. Small loss for me. Those losing trades wipe out all profits. I would say 1 loss takes out 4 profitable trades. Trading before news release is not good. It would be better to avoid trading those days and continue after release is out when market is more calm and technical.
    But this month if still profit?
    I see that the signal provider in January 2017 is gaining 5.57% which is still a very good result

Comment

Yes he has profit, but I joined 2 weeks ago when he had 8% profit and now he has 5% so about 3% loss for me...

Comment

joined in November and Im 30+% up.

yep, dropped some this week but still up for the month...
        Its a long run guys. It wont go straight up in one shot even though one would like to have it that way and gets pretty used to it ..

Its not an easy start of the year for plenty of my traders/signals in portfolio. Half of them being down for the month. Things will get better tho ...

Comment

Yes, I'm in for the long run, hopefully we all will end in profit this month. As long as every trade has SL it is OK. I know how much I risk, much better than endless grid and sudden loss of 30-50% in one day. I'm loking for stable constant traders with good risk management, hopefully this signal will be one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
            Yes, I'm in for the long run, hopefully we all will end in profit this month. As long as every trade has SL it is OK. I know how much I risk, much better than endless grid and sudden loss of 30-50% in one day. I'm loking for stable constant traders with good risk management, hopefully this signal will be one of them.
            I hear you there.

Comment

The profit factor is 2.59 and is very good.
              Usually profit factor so good you will get with grid or martingale systems.
              Have you ever seen a grid or martingale orders in this signal provider?

Comment

Here we are described the principles of machine learning system and algorithmic trading:

http://www.financial-hacker.com/buil...arning-system/
                http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthrea...821#Post458821

Comment

So what you guys ysaying about the trading, I see that the trader don t reply a few days ago?

Comment

early days. I am cautiously optimistic though. I put this on a small account and low risk. will see how it goes. Machine learning is not the holy grail in my experience but we will see - needs more time to evaluate if this is worthwhile or not.

Comment

It is good when technical setup is valid, but now it is driven on news and fear of Trump and his protectionism and no algorithm can predict moves based on this. I see they buy USD against other currency mostly, while USD is getting weaker at least early this year. One losing trade wipes out whole week of profits and lately those losing trades are more often. I am also only 2 weeks into it, but when looking on chart there haven't been so many losing trades in such a short period. I just hope they will go over this losing streak and make profit for us.

Comment

Hard to say where this will go. Good results to date. But I agree that machine learning is not the holy grail. For the most part, I just let this ride without interfering. There was one trade in the past week that was way up, but trade was not closed. And then of course, it swung the other way into negative territory. I could have closed it out for about 3% but wanted to see where it would go. Sometimes trades are also kept open during the weekend. Sometimes I close them out as I personally don't like orders kept open during the weekend.

Comment

Having said what I said, I am still pleased to date with the results. I hope to be here in a year and say the same thing. Obviously to date, this system is working. And as long as they keep tweaking it as is necessary, hopefully it will go well. But there are always going to be losing trades. And if any of us here were good at trading, we probably would not use signals. Or sure, I can trade forex....but I crash and burn at the end. So many signal providers to as well. But again, to date I am pleased. The profit factor of 2.6 is good as well and if you look at the growth curve so far, it is fairly smooth. One must accept losses to a degree in forex. Their account is up 7.565% this month and that is damn good.

Comment

I sent the signal provider the following questions:

<<Hello, I would like to know if in periods of floating DD there are open trades in a grid or martingale, or if you use a basket only to mediate the open positions >>

This is the response I received:

<<Thank you for your interest in service.
                            We have our own system which tells us the direction of the specific instrument (currency pair).
                            In places of floating DD we have SL in place. In some special cases when our system confirms the direction we can add up positions.
                            We never use grid or martingale strategies, those are very risky and always give losses in long term.
                            Please let us know if you have any other queries / concerns.
                            Thanks,
                            Hitesh Arora>>

Comment

Throw history of the account don t see martingale or grid.
                              The problem for me is the r:r large stop for small profit , but one thing that have in favor is the 90% profitability.
                              But just future will tell if this percentage will stay high.

Comment

Too volatile for my taste. Unsubscribed. Good luck to those who stick with this

Comment

Working...
                                X