• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FjodorForex
    replied
    Hello Community,

i have created a new short url:

I want provide even more openness and transparency to all.

You can find this link on my website too.

Best Regards
    FjodorForex

Leave a comment:

• FjodorForex
    replied
    Hello hardyli,

thank you for your feedback and opinion.

Sorry that i couldn't said the percentage profit and drawdown per month. I hope i can eliminate this shortcoming with the following solution. I have revised the following link:

www.FjodorForex.de/MyFxBook

He now don't leads to my live account, he now leads to my MyFxBook overview page. On this i have uploaded all backtests from the past 12 years. Thus should be answered the question of the monthly profit and drawdown in percent. As for the other thing: doubling of equity. I am grateful for constructive suggestions. As i write here and posted on my website, i recommend expressly to invest 5.000 Euro and to use the lot multiplier. With this approach, i think no subscriber will get problems when i double my equity. Please let me know your opinion to this topic. Unfortunately i do not know what i can do more. I find that this is an open and fair solution for all. Everyone can look at all my backtests in all details and pull itself his conclusions.

Last edited by FjodorForex; 05-17-2016, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hardyli
    replied
    I must say I agree with Katja.

You should not use an absolute $ value but a % for accessing your DD.

Your strategy may work for you as an individual trader. But being a signal provider, one should not 'top up' their account to reduce equity DD %. The followers will suffer greatly. I can safely say that a great majority of signal follower would not like to 'top up' their accounts in an event of a big DD.

That is why I have asked many time about your projected monthly gains and expected max DD. (When I asked this question, almost all the signal providers gave me an answer in % rather than $.)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• FjodorForex
    replied
    Hello Katja,

thank you for your opinion and post.

Please can you explain why you think so? What is wrong with my basic risk management when i recommend to use the lot multiplier and a invest of 5.000 Euro?

With FjodorForex i have developed a robust strategy without a optimization of the optimization and this strategy has survived the turbulence of the past 12 years with a maximum drawdown of less then 5.000 Euro. Surviving of these turbulence is the assurance that the turbulences of the future should be mastered. The worst case of the last 12 years serves as a benchmark for determining the minimum invest of 5.000 Euro.

Best Regards
    FjodorForex
    Last edited by FjodorForex; 05-15-2016, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Katja
    replied
    Fjodor, your reply to Okda's valid point shows that you don't understand basic risk management. Without it you and your potential subscribers are doomed to lose.
    Sorry for telling you the truth.

Leave a comment:

• FjodorForex
    replied
    Hello Okda,

thank you for your interest and question.

Please don't use a risk factor less then 1.0. Then the strategy can't work, because he can't open a upwelling grid basket. You can use a risk factor of 1.0 or more.

For the expected drawdown, please look at my site:

www.FjodorForex.de/Questions

to the question: "Wie viel Kapital ist erforderlich?"

There you can see a table with the yearly gain and yearly maximum drawdown in the last 12 years (2004 to 2015). The strategy backtests were carried out with an initial investment of 5.000 Euro. Based on this information and the strategy backtests i suggest to invest 5.000 Euro then you have a "set and forget" strategy. But everyone can decide for themselves how much he want to invest. Until now in the last 12 years we never has a higher drawdown then 5.000 Euro. So when you invest 5.000 Euro and have set that you copy the lot volume and don't use a risk factor, then is the probability that you will get a margin call very low.

When the previous questions aren‘t answered good enough or when you have more questions please write again. I will answer all questions as soon as possible.

Best Regards
    FjodorForex
    Last edited by FjodorForex; 05-15-2016, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Okda
    replied
    So this means that any subscriber should not use a risk factor more than 0.5
    Causr in case you hit your 50% dd and you had to double your balance then the dd reach 5k, this is 100% dd on the initial balanced, so for any subscriber who isn't bale to double his investment this will mean margin call for him

This is a serious note that everyone must have in mind

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• FjodorForex
    replied
    @hardyli
    Thank you for this good question.

Independent of the open trades i have the current plan: When i reach a drawdown of 2.500 Euro i will double my account equity to 10.000 Euro. So with this step and the knowledge of the 12 years strategy backtests that the drawdown never was higher then 5.000 Euro i will get a maximum drawdown of 50 %. I will never close any trades manually. In this drawdown situation i see my strategy more like a stock investment. Sometimes it look bad for a longer time but after this there come better times. The difference here is that it only takes 10 or 20 days with my strategy and with a stock investment it can take longer until the drawdown is recovered.

Furthermore, should the GBP / USD go up several cents (3 to 10 cents) without interruption to generate a drawdown he only need 2 cents go down and the drawdown is forgotten. This ratio is a advantage for me. Finally these drawdowns are very rare in a year.

@Bangash
    Thank you for your post.

When i have more time, i will continue strategy backtests and perhaps publish more signals.

Best Regards
    FjodorForex
    Last edited by FjodorForex; 05-14-2016, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bangash
    replied
    Beautiful equity curve during the initial 3 months.
    Would be nice to see you bringing more cool signals too.
    Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• hardyli
    replied
    Hi thanks for updating.

Now I want to know say if the market went against you and eventually you had to open 16 positions to 0.17 lots, what is your plan moving forward? What % DD of your account would you consider cutting it all and start again, ie 25%, 50%?

Leave a comment:

• FjodorForex
    replied
    Hello hardyli,

thank you for the information.
    I've seen this yesterday, too.

The reason for the stopped updating of MyFxBook was a DDOS attack to MyFxBook. This was also the reason that the EA has no longer communicate with the servers of MyFxBook. I had hoped that the server and my Metatrader 4 synchronize
    with each other sometime without restarting the Metatrader but that did not work. Therefore, I have the Metatrader 4 just rebooted and now everything works as before.

www.FjodorForex.de/MyFxBook

Best Regards
    FjodorForex

Leave a comment:

• hardyli
    replied
    Your myfxbook stopped updating. Please check.

Leave a comment:

• FjodorForex
    replied
    Hello hardyli,

thank you for your post.

I think it can last forever. Please look to the strategy backtests of the past 12 years:

www.FjodorForex.de/Backtest

A big drawdown will be handled like i said in my last post. The grid system open the positions in the following steps:
    0.01 > 0.02 > 0.03 > 0.04 > 0.05 > 0.06 > 0.07 > 0.08 > 0.09 > 0.10 > 0.11 > 0.12 > 0.13 > 0.14 > 0.15 > 0.17

Yes, i will always initially openyou have more questions please write again. I will answer all questions as soon as possible.

Best Regards
    FjodorForex
    Last edited by FjodorForex; 05-11-2016, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hardyli
    replied
    Nice discussions, I am definitely keen to watch this system for a few more months. As AL said, once you have 12 month of live results behind you, I am sure a lot of ppl will be interested.

It is nice to see a system being consistent and have a smooth equity curve. But the fact is it cannot last forver. So I am more interested to see at times of adversity, how your system handles a big DD.

I want to know, so no matter what your account size get to, you will always open 0.01 lot initially?

Leave a comment:

• FjodorForex
    replied
    Hello alcatraz39,

i think we have two different views for the martingale system in any form. It is true that a martingale system is not only equivalent to doubling a position. With my strategy there is an extremely slow increase of the positions (0.01 > 0.02 > 0.03 > 0.04 > 0.05 > 0.06 > 0.07 > 0.08 > 0.09 > 0.10 > 0.11 > 0.12 > 0.13 > 0.14 > 0.15 > 0.17) and this is in my view not a martingale system. No matter a position is doubled or multiplied by 1.5 the martingale system reaches very quickly his limits and that is not the case with my strategy.

In the past 12 years of strategy backtest a maximum of 16 positions were opened with a total of 1.37 lot. Every martingale system with 16 opened positions guaranteed have more than 1.37 lots opened. That's one of the reasons why I think my strategy isn't a martingale system. With a martingale system i see an aggressive approach in the market, but this i can not see with my strategy.

Grid means to me that several trades open in a basket and when the basket is in profit it will be closed accordingly. This principle takes place in my strategy and this is the reason of my previous statement that it is a grid system. If you compare the strategy backtests and my live / real results, you will notice that these things already agree on many points, thus supporting the credibility of my strategy backtests. For me strategy backtests isn't an idea nor a prospect as a strategy works, for me the strategy backtests are one of the foundations for a system to trust.

Since the start of my strategy these could easily cover a range between 1.38369 and 1.47390 in GBP/USD without a big drawdown. In my aforementioned highest drawdown phase on strategy backtest with 16 opened positions, the strategy could cover your mentioned 1000 pips.

Best Regards
    FjodorForex
    Last edited by FjodorForex; 05-08-2016, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X