Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What signals used on real accounts and at what risk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ace
    replied
    Please read carefully what I wrote.
    1. Currently he has 23% open drawdown. If I create new account and I join him now - all trades will be opened but of course you wont have 23% dd because all of those entries will be at much better price. So you should have better result than his master account by 23% - this is how I see it.
    2. you missed the fact he booked more than 35% increase in equity this year, more than 60% in equity last year all despite DD. Meaning if you put 10K in Jan 1st, you could withdraw 13.5K today - even when he is during DD. If you join him in June

people stop looking at balance and start looking at equity. do the math.
    he dont have DD from 18 months -> he has it since beginning... this is the way he trade.

You just pasted his open position but you didnt tell us how much equity you already gain thanks to him?
    Today on his master aggressive I see 6358 usd equity https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Pow...h-risk/1271673.
    If you join him June 1st -> you should be up 110 usd in equity?
    if June 26th (oldest trade in open dd) it means 442 usd down in equity (joined him at equity high like buying the top

Leave a comment:

• Billyt
    replied
    Originally posted by ace View Post
    you can check FX Magician -> https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Pow...h-risk/1271673

people complaining about his consistent DD and hidden open pos, but they did not noticed that he did already 4875 -> 6597 usd this year (~35% in pure equity), 3025 -> 4875 last year (~60% in equity). If you join him - dd do not matter for you because it will not be copied to your acc
    He proof already for 2-3y he can deliver equity gains (new equity highs) and return is imho amazing vs others.

joe made 8%?
    steady made 12% this year with 2.5% open dd (9.5% gain).
    Prev years they deliver better results, but i think its market though now and its not easy to made a gain.

if you dont like to see much change in equity you can always run him at 0.5x risk
    either way imho Magician somehow is not supported here much (probably because open dd) but he delivers equity gain!

the true is, there is not many good traders worth following.
    Steady / FX Magician are my types.
    Maybe Titan?, I followed him for some time, but sometimes i got freaked because sometimes he used to use huge lot size.

goldstart stopped shining a year ago after first dd hit. he cant get his mojo back.
    smart - i always liked vijay and his system and I knew in grid trading you can get hit. his system stopped working. I would loved to see he back. (one of the first i joined)
    in general i would be very careful whenever i see straight balance up with no dd -> meaning trader didn't proof he know how to manage bad situations.

hope it helps
    "If you join him DD do not matter because it will not be copied to your account" What? I beg to differ. As soon as I joined Forexman signal I immediately was in substantial drawdown. See attached. I posted in his signal today that I don't think I'll ever get out without a loss and that's why he keeps his open trades secret in my opinion. He has open trades in DD from 18 months ago. Forexman Drawdown.JPG

Leave a comment:

• ace
    replied
    you can check FX Magician -> https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Pow...h-risk/1271673

people complaining about his consistent DD and hidden open pos, but they did not noticed that he did already 4875 -> 6597 usd this year (~35% in pure equity), 3025 -> 4875 last year (~60% in equity). If you join him - dd do not matter for you because it will not be copied to your acc
    He proof already for 2-3y he can deliver equity gains (new equity highs) and return is imho amazing vs others.

joe made 8%?
    steady made 12% this year with 2.5% open dd (9.5% gain).
    Prev years they deliver better results, but i think its market though now and its not easy to made a gain.

if you dont like to see much change in equity you can always run him at 0.5x risk
    either way imho Magician somehow is not supported here much (probably because open dd) but he delivers equity gain!

the true is, there is not many good traders worth following.
    Steady / FX Magician are my types.
    Maybe Titan?, I followed him for some time, but sometimes i got freaked because sometimes he used to use huge lot size.

goldstart stopped shining a year ago after first dd hit. he cant get his mojo back.
    smart - i always liked vijay and his system and I knew in grid trading you can get hit. his system stopped working. I would loved to see he back. (one of the first i joined)
    in general i would be very careful whenever i see straight balance up with no dd -> meaning trader didn't proof he know how to manage bad situations.

hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• PontusLSE
    replied
    I am currently following JoePro and SteadyCapture, both at 2x risk.

I am however looking to find another signal to follow. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• laracroft
    replied
    Originally posted by Big River Man View Post

What are you going to do with Gold Star?
    Since I've been following GoldStar for more than a year, overall I'm in earning.
    However the yields have become very low and when Hans will close the grid currently in DD I think I will cancel the subscription to the signal.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Originally posted by laracroft View Post
    UPDATING

I have an experience of three or four years as a follower of simpletrader signals
    I exhibit the signals that currently use on my real accounts, also indicating the currency of the account, and for every signal I point the risk settings used.
    The signals are indicated in decreasing order of preference (from the one considered more powerful than less powerful).

I'm currently watching Impulse and SFE Price Action

I invite you to communicate your experience and your ranking.

ICMarkets Account (EUR):

1) Steady Capture: 1.14x Balance Risk
    2) Chronicity: 0.30x Balance Risk
    2) SafeHaven: 0.57x Balance Risk
    4) Gold Star: 1.14x Balance Risk
    5) JoePro Hedge: 0.55 Balance Risk

Darwinex Account (EUR):

1) Titan Trader: 1.14x Balance Risk
    What are you going to do with Gold Star?

Leave a comment:

• laracroft
    replied
    UPDATING

I have an experience of three or four years as a follower of simpletrader signals
    I exhibit the signals that currently use on my real accounts, also indicating the currency of the account, and for every signal I point the risk settings used.
    The signals are indicated in decreasing order of preference (from the one considered more powerful than less powerful).

I'm currently watching Impulse and SFE Price Action

I invite you to communicate your experience and your ranking.

ICMarkets Account (EUR):

1) Steady Capture: 1.14x Balance Risk
    2) Chronicity: 0.30x Balance Risk
    2) SafeHaven: 0.57x Balance Risk
    4) Gold Star: 1.14x Balance Risk
    5) JoePro Hedge: 0.55 Balance Risk

Darwinex Account (EUR):

1) Titan Trader: 1.14x Balance Risk

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Originally posted by Big River Man View Post

Hmmm I am looking into the JoePro now that you said this. We're you copying during the flash crash? The trade size is enormous and the trade duration is only 7 minutes. For a 50% equity trade for 300 pips. That's ridiculously enormous. Did you get slipped or even get the trade????
    Hi, no I wasn't following him during flash crash. I started only in January. Also -40%/+50% is not based on one trade I corrected the post. He splits one trade into 5 smaller ones. He uses small leverage of only 0.1 lot per 10k, but he opens 0.02 lot trade x 5 at different price, but if it goes in profit the setup is done and moves to next target. I have 5k but at 2x risk, so I get basically same trades as he has with 10k. Try to write him, he will explain how it works. However I am afraid that if such black swan event would occur we would get slipped, because simpletrader EA doesn't copy pending orders. I asked him about this and he said it is possible, but to prevent this from happening we should invest into his MAM. That way we would get exactly the same trades and no slippage. So far the slippage hasn't been a problem as he doesn't scalp.
    Last edited by oportunis; 03-29-2017, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Originally posted by oportunis
    I have:

EUR accounts:
    • JoePro Hedge Strategy (2x risk). For me this is the best one, it's with no stress all is planned ahead and each trade is protected with hedges pending orders, so it doesn't matter which direction it goes as long as it moves. It can take a while if market is stuck in one range, but sooner or later it ends and we book profits. Max. DD at 1x risk was around 15% and this was during GBP flash crash, so I know it is safe even if something like that happens. In myfxbook it shows 40% but this is because mt4 shows loss first and than profit. So one trade was -40% while other was +50% and during that event total profit was over 10%.
    • Happy Forex 2 (1x risk). It is a grid, but DD so far has been really low and profits constant. It has filters to prevent trading during volatile time and before major news. DD didn't go over 5% DD for me, but they say max. is 50% at 1x risk, but the max. historical DD so far was 16.40%.
    • Goldstar (2x risk). I used to have 3x risk (6x when DD limit was set to 7.5%), but with all those changes I reduced risk. I use fixed lots 0.01 lot per 5k. It was good until changes, now I'm more concerned, but will continue running it for few weeks. If the profit will be OK, than I will stick with it if not I will cancel.
    USD account:
    • SteadyCapture (2x risk). It's a continuation of my Viper account and so far it has been good. Returns are better and DD is smaller than with Viper. I don't like the risk is 60%, but so far we were never even close to half of that and I like the reply he gave me. He uses different pairs and to go so far in DD it would be hard, theoretically it is possible, but pairs being correlated one goes up other goes down it means chances to go into such big DD are really small.
    This year I deleted FxManagers and Chronicity on EUR accounts. Not worth the risk. Currently I have other traders on my watch list, but I have become very selective and I'm looking for traders with bigger deposits and at least 1 year history.
    Hmmm I am looking into the JoePro now that you said this. We're you copying during the flash crash? The trade size is enormous and the trade duration is only 7 minutes. For a 50% equity trade for 300 pips. That's ridiculously enormous. Did you get slipped or even get the trade????

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    I have:

EUR accounts:
    • JoePro Hedge Strategy (2x risk). For me this is the best one, it's with no stress all is planned ahead and each trade is protected with hedges pending orders, so it doesn't matter which direction it goes as long as it moves. It can take a while if market is stuck in one range, but sooner or later it ends and we book profits. Max. DD at 1x risk was around 15% and this was during GBP flash crash, so I know it is safe even if something like that happens. In myfxbook it shows 40% but this is because mt4 shows loss first and than profit. So losing trades were -40% while other were at +50% and during that event total profit was over 10%.
    • Happy Forex 2 (1x risk). It is a grid, but DD so far has been really low and profits constant. It has filters to prevent trading during volatile time and before major news. DD didn't go over 5% DD for me, but they say max. is 50% at 1x risk, but the max. historical DD so far was 16.40%.
    • Goldstar (2x risk). I used to have 3x risk (6x when DD limit was set to 7.5%), but with all those changes I reduced risk. I use fixed lots 0.01 lot per 5k. It was good until changes, now I'm more concerned, but will continue running it for few weeks. If the profit will be OK, than I will stick with it if not I will cancel.
    USD account:
    • SteadyCapture (2x risk). It's a continuation of my Viper account and so far it has been good. Returns are better and DD is smaller than with Viper. I don't like the risk is 60%, but so far we were never even close to half of that and I like the reply he gave me. He uses different pairs and to go so far in DD it would be hard, theoretically it is possible, but pairs being correlated one goes up other goes down it means chances to go into such big DD are really small.
    This year I deleted FxManagers and Chronicity on EUR accounts. Not worth the risk. Currently I have other traders on my watch list, but I have become very selective and I'm looking for traders with bigger deposits and at least 1 year history.
    Last edited by oportunis; 03-29-2017, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ales
    replied
    This is an interesting thread. Been building up my trading team as well for some time now too.

Started with 6 traders/signals last summer, added few more on the way, cut few as well but believe the diversification is the key - out of 9 months had just January down, yielding in average 2.5% a month as first quarter yields have dropped quite dramatically (Jan -4.5%, Feb +1.2%, Mar 1.6%).

Leave a comment:

• laracroft
    replied
    Originally posted by PM View Post
    Hi laracroft. Since you have been using those for years, - please tell your yearly results for those portfolios.
    Using a few months or a few weeks those signals except Titan Trader I use for about a year.
    In the past I used it for about three years with FxViper Balance Risk 3x.
    It is not appropriate to indicate the gains because the post would become too complicated.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    Thanks Lara,

Why don't you use Titan Trader on SimpleTrader?
    You can use Darwinex as your broker and still use ST signals

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Thanks Lara,

Why don't you use Titan Trader on SimpleTrader?

Leave a comment:

• PM
    replied
    Hi laracroft. Since you have been using those for years, - please tell your yearly results for those portfolios.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X