JoePro Hedge Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by interceptor View Post

Awesome explanation! Yes I figure if the GBP/JPY pair or any other pairs you play was just ranging and not breaking out for a long period of time (say half a year) the swaps would hurt you.

I'm just glad I sleep at night and not have to worry about big spikes like the brexit crash or anything. Big spikes can kill a lot of strategies if you are on the wrong side.

Exactly what I'm looking for. Something not too crazy that will generate something better than bonds for the long term.
    Exactly this is the reason I joined him. Sleeping like a baby now, knowing all is planned ahead. No need to read news or endlessly analysing every trade when in DD... I think this is the most underrated signal here as people don't understand how hedging can be profitable.
    Last edited by oportunis; 05-19-2017, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Guys just remember NOTHING is risk free.
      I am subbed and giving it a go. So far looks good. Definitely ranging and swaps can be a scenario for loss or obviously something like a flash crash as a copier you may not get filled and that's something that could be scary to not get an order filled.

Joe do you use any other pairs to mitigate the risk?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

I think swaps are counted in when closing at BE or TP. Not getting a trade in case of a spike is true, but for that he will have a MAM, so for big investors this will be the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
          Guys just remember NOTHING is risk free.
          I am subbed and giving it a go. So far looks good. Definitely ranging and swaps can be a scenario for loss or obviously something like a flash crash as a copier you may not get filled and that's something that could be scary to not get an order filled.

Joe do you use any other pairs to mitigate the risk?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
          Yes nothing is risk free. The EA doesn't have exact profit levels, we don't work with TP levels we used instead trailing stop on the hedge sequences and multiple positions. On single trades we let them run until the renko chart is showing a reversal so we close on direction change. So any swaps added will just mean the breakeven point will be further away and we never close in loss because of swaps.

During the flash crash we made 10% on all 4 of our accounts at the same time even thou we were long but I just have no idea how that would have played out with the copier. That's one of the reasons why we're going to offer a MAM solution to everyone so all the pending orders also are copied & everyone is saved even in a crash.

I know 99.99% of retail traders are scared of crashes or sudden big moves... I am the happiest when these things happen. I want a crash to happen & I want big sudden moves to happen that rock the market but stability is also fine

I also use EJ & GA but at the moment the EJ was showing me for a while that the trend following success rate was under 75% and GA is almost at 75% again. These are my sub pairs and you will also see these pairs take trades.

Thank you guys for following and I look forward to having you on board for a long time.

Have a great weekend
          -JoePro
          Last edited by JoePro; 05-19-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

thanks for the info, Joey.

I have a question for you - you say that 15% DD can happen. under which circumstances is this scenario likely? and is this the absolute max DD (all trades closed), provided that trades are not slipped / missed ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoePro View Post

Great! Yes always use only 1x. The money management is done perfect for this strategy if you increase the risk you might not be covered for the weakness of the strategy which is a ranging market.

Like I said above, the money management is done so that we can handle long ranging markets without risking big draw down. Sometimes what happens for a few weeks is price ranges and this means we switch sides multiple times and increase draw down, of course nothing major and as shown in the videos, 1 of the targets will get hit to 100%. The down side is really sitting and waiting for a break out. After two weeks of waiting it can get a bit annoying but that's just like any business in the world, the sun doesn't shine every day.

This is why this strategy is also for the long term investor. We make money when price is moving and we will catch every single price move with trend direction but when price is ranging for 1 or 2 weeks we just have to wait

I recommend a minimum of 10k for this signal. Of course the more the better.

Also, the MAM will be great for business owners who want to take some of their profits and put it into a MAM and generate compounding profits so when their business is not doing so well they are still making profits from the market, basically diversifying their investing.

Anyways, I ll keep you guys updated of everything we have setting up.

-JoePro
              Hi Joe,
              Is there any option for account smaller than 10K to join your strategy?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansen View Post
                thanks for the info, Joey.

I have a question for you - you say that 15% DD can happen. under which circumstances is this scenario likely? and is this the absolute max DD (all trades closed), provided that trades are not slipped / missed ?
                Thx for asking. To get to 15% it requires all trading pairs to have a full position open ( all 5 small positions that add up to a full trades ) and that all pairs range for a long period of time between the hedge levels. There are many steps in the management that if market ranges that the equity protection sequence can be moved out of the range to avoid increase in risk but should everything fail and price just continues to range on all pairs without having a chance to close some levels out in profit or breakeven we could hit 15% DD but at that point we would be looking to close out the sequence without a loss by implementing other options.

15% DD is not that big of a deal but we would be looking to get out of the sequence by closing individual position by treating it as a single trade instead of all positions as 1 trade, so basically turning to micro managing the positions. Another reason why we split our trade into 5, it allows out to dampen draw down and risk.

Equity Protection stop out is at 30%. We are prepared for everything but I always say you just never know, so that's our last line of defense.

-JoePro

Comment

Originally posted by yshin View Post

Hi Joe,
                  Is there any option for account smaller than 10K to join your strategy?

Thanks.
                  Yeah even 5k is fine. With the MAM/PAMM we can take even as low as 1k investment because they allow nano lots so if we open 0.01 lot on a 10k account, on the 1k investment it would open 0.001 lots, Just example how the MAM we use works. It's almost like a PAMM.

-JoePro

Comment

A quick video update on the currently open positions.

Wish you all a great week!

-JoePro

Comment

Hi Joe.
                      I have subscribed through the copier.
                      Would you know why pending orders are not copied?

Comment

Originally posted by aztron View Post
                        Hi Joe.
                        I have subscribed through the copier.
                        Would you know why pending orders are not copied?
                        Hallo, thank you for asking. The issue with copying the pending orders through a copier is that we all use different brokers and that means it could be possible that sometimes a pending order gets triggered on your account that doesn't get triggered on my account and that would mess up the whole algorithm for closing the losing trades.

The only way to get the exact same trades and pending orders is through a MAM/PAMM which is something that we will be able to offer in the next few weeks. For now this is the best solution.

-JoePro

Comment

Hey Joe,

please check your email. Got some troubles when re-subscribing. Paid fee last week but im not connected and positions arent managed for few days now.

Tks,
                          Ales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ales View Post
                            Hey Joe,

please check your email. Got some troubles when re-subscribing. Paid fee last week but im not connected and positions arent managed for few days now.

Tks,
                            Ales

Hey thx for contacting me. I was going to contact you and ask you if you stopped the EA since I haven't seen you connected for a few days. I solved the issue and you should be connected now.
                            Are you out of the hedge sequence?

Comment

Super, all sorted now. Tks!

Comment

Just joint your signal Joe. Do you ever intervene in the closing of a hedged basket manually with an extra pair to close it in your favor? Is all an EA or mixed at times? Thanks nc!

Comment

Working...
                                X