No announcement yet.

JoePro Hedge Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed my post. Had a drink to much when I wrote it. The margin call however is still a real deal.

Last edited by PontusLSE; 12-30-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PontusLSE View Post
      Well, this year could not possibly end any worse than this. Running this signal at 2x risk with two other signals combined with the increased spreads now at the end of the year made my account margin call. Lost my life savings, lost money I could not afford to loose. And I still have not told my wife.

I should not blame the signal. I myself chose to run the signal at double risk, I chose to run it in combination with other signals.

But still. I do hope this will not be the end of my life too.

Any donations out of pity (or whatever) will be greatly appreciated. A single cent would be pushing me away from what I am afraid will come...

BTC: 1Mdh62i4MA5uPKkp777XEf1H567sXDb3fn
      LTC: Le3VnWac8SyK8eo1rJq2io9uF2QE8hBbNb
      ETH: 0x021fad127f47e6af54165d267752c598918f2207
      I hope you are ok mate?

​​​​​

Comment

Well, this year could not possibly end any worse than this. Running this signal at 2x risk with two other signals combined with the increased spreads now at the end of the year made my account margin call. Lost my life savings, lost money I could not afford to loose. And I still have not told my wife.
        Check your pm please

Comment

I should not blame the signal. I myself chose to run the signal at double risk, I chose to run it in combination with other signals.

But still. I do hope this will not be the end of my life too.

Any donations out of pity (or whatever) will be greatly appreciated. A single cent would be pushing me away from what I am afraid will come...

BTC: 1Mdh62i4MA5uPKkp777XEf1H567sXDb3fn
          LTC: Le3VnWac8SyK8eo1rJq2io9uF2QE8hBbNb
          ETH: 0x021fad127f47e6af54165d267752c598918f2207
          Last edited by ccjhuang; 12-30-2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• PontusLSE I'am very sorry for you, be strong

JoePro what is happening here? Myfx and site stats are non updated since 4th December and I read of personal disasters on the forum.

Comment

• PontusLSE get some rest and stay strong. my spreads shot up also but right on close. Did you actually get a margin call or is your account just showing negative margin?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BMM View Post
                  PontusLSE I'am very sorry for you, be strong

JoePro what is happening here? Myfx and site stats are non updated since 4th December and I read of personal disasters on the forum.
                  What do you mean? Myfxbook is updated every 5 min... Here is the master account: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Joe...ccount/1876425

Comment

• Pontus,

​​​​​​Sorry to hear about your situation,

I know your a sub of mine(Satang FX), while I know my signal probably did not contribute to the margin call as I was under 1% dd yesterday,

I have sent you something, why? Because your a sub and the last thing I want for my subs are to get margin called,

Please check your PayPal,

While its not much, I hope you all the best,

Satang FX / minkw

Comment

• Oh and also you can ignore my pm's and emails I've sent you as I was really worried

Comment

• Just wonder, is it necesary to open new and new trades? why not wait for the long expected break out of this range?

Comment

• It really sucked that the spreads widened at close and pushed DD way up but that's year end spreads for you.

Joe really needs to start hand holding here like he did in the beginning. I know he said unless there was pressure on his strategy. People get nervous and panic because of uncertainty. We are retail traders after all and this is what we do when we don't know what is happening or not everything is rosy. We are beyond historical DD now so from our point of view and rationally we should be really concerned. This is why you see these post.

There also needs to be some clarification. I had some time finally to go through and read all of what Joe has written and his videos. I think we are in the area of concern. Maybe not for Joe because he knows his strategy but for us because this looks like your typical recovery zone strategy that can end badly.

DD is another issue. He states only if all 3 pairs are fully hedged and when trades can't be entered 30% can happen but in his last video he said 30% can happen now (what really)?? He's running 2 EAs on 1 pair so that's really 2 pairs fully hedged. Also, the adaptive is 1 level so it should be way less DD. Don't want to think too negatively but this needs some clarification because if it does reverse now we are definitely running into 20%+ DD the way it stands.

"if it reverses it still counts towards reducing the draw down" --> not sure what he meant by this because we have increased are net lots to the upside and if we went back to our mid point our DD will be more.

Anyways, a video is needed. He said at the beginning videos and him being here instill confidence in his strategy and it helps us be comfortable with what is happening. We can be one frustrating bunch but these questions should be easy to answer without having to repeat over.

All the best!
                          Last edited by interceptor; 12-30-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post

What do you mean? Myfxbook is updated every 5 min... Here is the master account: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Joe...ccount/1876425
                            yeah, you are right, I misunderstood due to the fact that last bar in myfx is 4th December and knowing that many trades are usually done I assumed something went wrong

Bye the way it's still strange that no trade or partial trades was closed in the last month, I read here that one of the EA should work in the "low" timeframe to reduce DD but this seems to not be happened. Was the strategy modified?

What is current DD? 20%?

Comment

• th

Comment

• Text regarding the signal copier from the unpublished video update that I will have to re-record because the situation has changed and some points aren't valid anymore but this text still is:

"I want to address the next point. I am not a huge fan of the signal service. It creates many unnecessary risks when we are depended on a 3rd
                                Last edited by JoePro; 12-30-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X