No announcement yet.

JoePro Hedge Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost had the breakeven we were looking for with the GJ Hedge Sequence. Unfortunately market does what it wants to do & it reversed right before our target.

Watch the update for the current open sequence of trades at https://youtu.be/18XiIUE7Cmk

This is the only signal that's not scared of news, does video updates when in draw down & is teaching followers how to trade the strategy. We are setting a new standard for signal providers. Come join us if you're not part of the Pro Nation yet.

Comment

Yup on vacation in Asia going home tomorrow.

You think you would have closed it manually if you were awake?

I thought the sell off in the GBP was extreme but it doesn't matter to us I guess since we just want it to move one way or another.

Go Pro Nation....or Joe Nation!!

Comment

Originally posted by interceptor View Post
        Yup on vacation in Asia going home tomorrow.

You think you would have closed it manually if you were awake?

I thought the sell off in the GBP was extreme but it doesn't matter to us I guess since we just want it to move one way or another.

Go Pro Nation....or Joe Nation!!
        Looking at the replay of the screen recording I don't think I would have closed it manually. I would have closed it manually if this sequence was a little bit bigger & we got to -10$

I really hope you had a great time on vacation

By the way, this is why on the normal trades I never try to guess how far price will go and only take what the market gives us. It is impossible to guess how far market will go & the only thing that makes sense is to take what it gives you. There is some news later on for JPY maybe there will be some good price movement in either direction.

Trading is waiting lol

Comment

hello Joe. I joined your signal today. Could you let us know what pairs I need to have made available in market watch (ie. so I can exclude the rest) ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hansen View Post
            hello Joe. I joined your signal today. Could you let us know what pairs I need to have made available in market watch (ie. so I can exclude the rest) ? Thanks
            Welcome to the Pro Nation

I focus on 4 currency pairs. The main currency pair is GBP/JPY and the sub pairs are GBP/AUD, EUR/JPY, GBP/NZD. If the statistics for the sub pairs are not a minimum of 75% significant for trend following, that sub pair will be excluded from trading until it is statistically advantageous to trend trade it again.

Additionally, in the future, our trading could include GOLD/USD & S&P500 but I will let you guys know months in advance & you might choose to exclude it from the trading.

By the way, keep an eye out for the next video update I am working on. It will have a lot of very interesting information for everyone.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

thanks for your quick Reply,Joe. Glad to be part of this

Comment

What's up Pros, a little video about the Corp. MAM. It's finally setup and ready. Actually it's been trading since Friday & already have the first few Pros signed up.

You can find information about the MAM here:
                http://4xcp.com/mam

The MyFXBook for the MAM is here:
                http://www.myfxbook.com/members/clearstonecap

The video link here:
                https://youtu.be/x9ODkQ45ILM

Hope you all had a great weekend. There hasn't been much change with the current open GBP/JPY sequence, we're still waiting for price to continue going up but as you can see, things are pretty calm right now so we just have to wait.
                I will also try to get a draw down video update made tonight or tomorrow.

I am looking forward to another week of trading.

Comment

Hi Joe
                  Thanks for all the info I have a few questions, I cant see what the fee structure is 20/80 or 70/30?
                  Will there be a GBP MAM or is there a way of the broker being able to do the conversions internally?
                  Whats the relationship between JoePro and Clear Stone Capital?
                  Thanks and apologies if this is answered elswhere

Comment

Originally posted by moneyrunner View Post
                    Hi Joe
                    Thanks for all the info I have a few questions, I cant see what the fee structure is 20/80 or 70/30?
                    Will there be a GBP MAM or is there a way of the broker being able to do the conversions internally?
                    The fee structure is 70/30 and the MAM is in Euro but the Broker does do a internal conversion.
                    The relationship between me and Clear Stone Capital is that I am one of the founders and I am the Chief Trade Officer. I am also one of the web masters & graphic designers.

I will add more info to the web page about the internal conversion. If we can get enough people together to get 50k+ who want to deposit in GBP we can than make a MAM Account specifically for GBP but for right now it's in EUR.

I ll post here when I have added more to the web site. Thx for asking, I love getting questions so there is more clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by moneyrunner View Post
                      Hi Joe
                      Here a quick list of information about the MAM: Trading & MAM Plan

1. We are using the MT4 Platform for the account

2. The MAM is in EUR. If you deposit in a different currency, the broker will do a internal conversion for you & convert the deposited money to EUR.

3. The EPM (Equity Protection Management) is set to maximal 30% equity draw down for a worst case scenario

4. The longest draw down period in the past 20 months was 4 weeks long

5. Losing trades are managed using our unique Equity Protection Hedging System instead of closing losing positions in a loss

6. The account we are using is raw spread + commission

7. The software will be running from the Equinix LD4 data center to assure no down time & extreme fast connection of 0.20 milliseconds. Additionally we want to note the broker we use is a proven STP (Straight through processing) Broker & doesn't B Book. All trades are executed directly with the liquidity providers and not in house

8. Minimum investment size required is 1,000 EUR

9. Our profit target using 1:1 leverage is 24% compounded annually

10. Main currency pair traded is GBP/JPY & additional potential sub pairs are GBP/AUD GBP/NZD & EUR/JPY for spreading out risk

11. Instead of taking full trades, the software takes the full trade position, splits it up by 5 smaller positions & positions them at different price levels. This is to reduce risk and allows us to implement our 4 level defense system

12. Performance fee is 30% from profits made every month which will be deducted on the 5th of every month. If some positions are still open on the 5th, the deduction will be delayed until all positions are closed

13. All trading activity done by the algorithm will be watched over by us to make sure everything is executed correctly during economic news & unexpected events

14. The leveraged used will be 1:1 for a full trade & can go up to 5:1 per pair when managing a losing sequence

15. There are no entry, exit or management fees

Comment

Hi Joe,

I'm interested in your signal. And love your transparency.

1. It seems you are using some kind of martingale money management during hedging. This kind of strategy, the death path is when capital and leverage is used up. If 1 day GBPJPY decide to stop it's trendy behavior and back to ranging like in 2004~2005 period. What will happen to your system? So far your strategy has only traded in a trending environment.
                        2017-06-27 at 11-18-10.png

2. Your lot size is hidden in Myfxbook. What is the reason to hide it? Luckily it's still shown on SimpleTrader, but I need to manually copy it to excel for analysis. It's only a short 1 year history. Your Pepperstone acc lot sizes are not accessible. Possible to open it up and be transparent?

3. On your last one year history, there are 2 occasions that you have to hedge till 1.4~1.49 lots, which is 20x your capital? But you mention your max leverage is only up to 5x?

4. I believe if market continues to range, you will need to hedge with 2.4 lots, 3.8 lots, 6.1 lots, until you used up your leverage? And the more you hedge, your distance to breakeven will be further away which means your risk will increase exponentially going forward if this happens.

It's a very interesting signal, I will definitely subscribe once I understand it's risk better.
                        Last edited by Lithium; 06-27-2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Hey Joe

Looks like we hit 142.56 but i still have the gbpjpy trades open. Is the plan still to break even or try to go for more? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post
                            Hi Joe,

I'm interested in your signal. And love your transparency.

1. It seems you are using some kind of martingale money management during hedging. This kind of strategy, the death path is when capital and leverage is used up. If 1 day GBPJPY decide to stop it's trendy behavior and back to ranging like in 2004~2005 period. What will happen to your system? So far your strategy has only traded in a trending environment.
                            2017-06-27 at 11-18-10.png

2. Your lot size is hidden in Myfxbook. What is the reason to hide it? Luckily it's still shown on SimpleTrader, but I need to manually copy it to excel for analysis. It's only a short 1 year history. Your Pepperstone acc lot sizes are not accessible. Possible to open it up and be transparent?

3. On your last one year history, there are 2 occasions that you have to hedge till 1.4~1.49 lots, which is 20x your capital? But you mention your max leverage is only up to 5x?

4. I believe if market continues to range, you will need to hedge with 2.4 lots, 3.8 lots, 6.1 lots, until you used up your leverage? And the more you hedge, your distance to breakeven will be further away which means your risk will increase exponentially going forward if this happens.

It's a very interesting signal, I will definitely subscribe once I understand it's risk better.
                            Thx for the great questions. Excellent analysis. I thought everything is showing on myfxbook but I will check right now to make sure everything is open to see.
                            We developed a trending statistical algorithm so we only trade when market is trending, if trend profitability goes under 75% success rate than that pair is excluded from trading. This is why you haven't seen EJ and GA traded for a few months because they were not trending enough.

You can't look at a single hedge to determine the lot size. Let me explain it like this: Imagine you have 1lot buy but at the exact same time you have 0.50lot sell, this actually means your exposure is 0.5lots. So it may appear like big lot size is open, you have to look at the collective to determine the actually exposure lot size. I will dedicate 1 video to explaining this effect.

Some people who can't open 0.01lots on gold open 0.10sell and 0.11buy for example if they want to open 0.01lots buy. Hope that makes sense.

Also, if market ranges and we hit our max hedge trades per each level, because our full trade is split by 5 we have so many options on how to get out of the sequence. We can even start taking profit on 1 side, wait for a retracement and close when the DD is the same as the profit. So basically closing inside of the zone instead of at a far out target & never take a loss. We are not going to continue opening hedge trades to infinity because my stomach can't handle big DD

These questions are good questions and I realy think it would be good to dedicate an entire video explaining the money management a bit more. I don't explain every little detail because there are people out there who are waiting to steal systems so I wont go into how we determine when we're going to close inside of the zone instead of the far out target. We have 3 Profit Targets just so you know

Comment

Originally posted by PGZN View Post
                              Hey Joe

Looks like we hit 142.56 but i still have the gbpjpy trades open. Is the plan still to break even or try to go for more? Thanks
                              Yes we did reach 142.560 and we got to -8.00$ I just checked the screen recording. Before I went to bed I was thinking to set the EA to close at -10 instead to get some profit but because we're not in any kind of bigger DD and it's not far into hedging, I wanted to let this sequence just take its natural course but it's getting a bit annoying now that it's the second time we got so close to closing.

Comment

We were -6.00$ and I thought this is it for sure, price spiked we just need a few more pips and profit but no... price retraced. I will say it again, this is exactly the reason why it's pointless to try and predict how far price will go and setting a TP on the first trade. There is absolutely no way of knowing and it's the reason why we take profit as soon as market changes direction.

News in 12 minutes, ideal situation would be price pushes hard enough that we go beyond breakeven and start trailing stop to extract some profits with this sequence. Keep your emotions flat, just keep patience, things will work itself out 1 way or the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X