JoePro Hedge Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
    It would be better if he traded privately. It looks like social trading or signal offering is putting to much pressure on the trader.
    Way too biased. You called me out too but no hard feelings.

There is no pressure on him. He put the second EA on without telling anyone.

He hasn't done anything except let the EAs trade.

Too many traders get ahead of themselves thinking they are the God of trading and then when S*** hits the fan they break all their own rules they set themselves.

Why is it so hard to say. My max DD is 30% or 40%. Once I hit that I'm out. No magical spells or extra toppings.

My hunch is that his "partner" has more to do with the signal then meets the eye.

Comment

I agree I am biased as I have money on the line So I want Joe and the system to succeed
      It's totally up to you, I've already lost my money - but I really think you should get out now while you have some left.

None of the micro managing of sequences has been happening, the highly unlikely 30% drawdown with 3 pairs running has passed (on one pair though) and the signal provider hasn't posted a video for months.

Look how quickly it went from 15% to 30% - just a few days.

Sure it *might* continue to go up, but it might go down like it did last week. Seems like a 50:50 chance to me - like a coin flip.

Comment

• oportunis man you should rewrite your name as "op's optimist"!

If this is not a failure, I don't know what is. I've been out for a few days, though I'm kicking myself for not leaving when Joe didn't follow through on my backtest requests a couple months back, and just acted like our conversation never happened. I almost left then, and all the video updates were shallow and meaningless since then imo.
        (Or when he messed up the first time and blamed EA and subscribers instead of taking responsibility for that matter..)

Let's call BS where it stinks most and move on.

​​​​​@oportunis
        As a matter of fact, I believe you should stop being so unrealistic and help other less experienced subscribers cut their losses short. I've been around for years, and I still wanted to believe you somehow.

Trader failed following his plan, misguided subscribers, went beyond max DD, and is not taking responsibility for any of it.

​​​​​​We cut losses, move on and live another day. Period.
        Last edited by peeper; 01-18-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• I think nobody is trading with Joe now. But if someone is still in I suggest to add an equity stop at their max. DD tolerance. I can tolerate such moves, been trough a lot worse situations before plus I made huge profits on crypto, so I'm in green on my trading investments.

Comment

I think nobody is trading with Joe now. But if someone is still in I suggest to add an equity stop at their max. DD tolerance. I can tolerate such moves, been trough a lot worse situations before plus I made huge profits on crypto, so I'm in green on my trading investments.
            Guys if you cannt afford the rotten apples then stay hungry , i have already ate some oranges so i can survive with the rotten apples

Is that what you are trying to imply ?????
            Your crypto profits are not relevant to the topic here so am not sure why you are mentioning about it

Is Joe gonna reply only after he ever gets into profit which may take well over 12 years ????

The tier 1 mam you keep mentioning about - it has lost 13% account , max dd- 51% so care to explain to me how is this even a good system ?????

on avg you are making less than 1% per month but when your dd is 51%

Maybe am weak in maths or i dont understand how probability works out in the system's favor

( the mam made 1.02% in seven months of trading in 2017)

Comment

• I can risk tradig and if someone can't he already got stopped out or should have when he said so. Joe already said what was relevant and that he will trade without limit as the system needs room to breathe... Those who can't already closed and PAM closed out also.

You can compare how trading without limitation looks here: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Joe...st-run/2189728

The mistakes were made, so most moved on. My decision is to stick with it and see how it goes...

So far system does as described and if we had 1 EA we would be OK. Last year profits were poor, but still over 10% even with mistake loss... This year it's January so a whole year to trade an recover. In trending it banks profit so it's more like 3+% a month, but it can continue ranging, so it could be another year with poor performance.

But since signals are done we won't risk our money to find out. We can follow out of curiosity on myfxbook...

Comment

• Well, I like the concept of the system. That every trade has a pending hedge in case it moves against me. So if I'm wrong I don't have to close at loss, instead I wait for the breakout and it closes when I'm in profit.

The problem here is human behaviour and mistakes caused from that. If you leave the system without interference it looks good. Yes it doesn't make 10% a month (well sometimes does), but the important to me is if I'm protected against all moves on the market. The problem with original EA is that it's exposed if market is ranging too much, so the adaptive EA was created, which opens trades only when trend changes. Pending orders won't be fixed at some pip level, but will open earlier or later, depending on the signal if trend changed. This looks good to me, but unfortunately adaptive EA can't be backtested, so we will see in live market conditions how it works.

The problem now I see is lack of margin requirements, since 1st EA closed at loss at around 15% and the overall DD is now higher than expected.

Also if you look at all the EA's out there none is making profits and most don't survive over 6 months. This EA is trading 2+ years and it's working even when market is raging, so you need to give a thought on that also.

But if you have a good EA to show me, please send the link to me I am investor after all...

Comment

• I tried to research the Zone Recovery stuff, but it always blew up in back tests.

I completely forgot I left one of my attempts running on GBPJPY on a demo account and just stumbled across it.

It's not blown up yet, which I'm surprised about given how aggressive the lot sizes increase, but anyway here's a link. I figure I may as well keep it running and see what happens.

Capture.PNG

Comment

• I just think the fact that Joe hasn't come on here to address the situation I very telling and that really says it all.

No excuses for it.

I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread now and be done with it. Glad that I got out at 12% but annoyed that I didn't quit it weeks earlier as it really was looking stinky.

Greed on my behalf. pure and simple. Another lesson learnt. I think the detractors of signals could learn to be more constructive and the supporters could learn to be less biased. Then we would all be looking out for each-other more appropriately. We should all be making money that is the point and I am sorry that some people have lost way too much thatn was specified on this signal. Till the next thread and a 2018 that can only go up from here!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                      Can we get back on track?
                      I dunno what Lithium doesn't understand but it seems to be hijacking the thread. Let's let Joe trade please.
                      Well I was trying to analyse and study the system, you say I was hijacking. Lucky I believe in my own analysis and felt something was not right. Otherwise I will be cursing together with you all now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                        I think the detractors of signals could learn to be more constructive
                        How can we be more constructive when OP pretends like he is a genius among us , when he spread too much false information regarding the trades .When he says crap like " this is how banks trade "
                        .When followers refuse to listen to common sense and pretend we are just trolls or jealous competitor

A few of the guys did asked Op politely about the weakness of the system and even warned early on but look how they were treated ....

We need to find a better solution about all of this stuff .

Comment

• He has performance fee on MAM/PAM.

MrMcmahon you didn't say anything constructive and you are trolling... This is not a zone recovery trading... It has some elements but overall it's not. I am not spreading anything false. The system works, the problem is that you are posting here only when we are in DD and putting pressure on the trader. Than the rest of investors start questioning the trades and panicking and adding more to pressure. He already made one mistake due to pressure, he was reducing exposure and didn't un-check EA and instead of having small lose like on MAM, where nobody was pressuring him the signal had 2x the loss...

Joe said ranging can cause problems since beginning, so he adapted. You were saying from the start we will get margin call, we will blow out etc... Even now when market is ranging since summer Joe closed trades and PAM at disclosed risk. It made more loss on PAM due to spike and broker not filling SL, but this is the market not him. I don't know why he added 2nd EA, but I guess it was a hope for fast recovery, so clients would be happy and this is again the pressure caused by you for posting it will blow, it's not profitable etc...

He continues trading because he believes the system can recover and he also wrote to all here that he will trade without SL so all who can't risk more than 30% need to close on their own. It's his money on the line and he decided to continue and in this journey he is probably alone as all already closed trades.

The most important question here is why are you writing even if you are not an investor. There are plenty of providers that have also bad performance or even worse and you are quiet in those threads. RenkoGuy is at least posting everywhere and saying it's all shit, but I don't know his endgame for that also... Since nor he or you don't have anything to show... Coming here on forum and acting like you are a some sort of pro and nothing to show is trolling to me. I even wrote you private message to have a private conversation and you never replied... Everything you say has no credibility here due to no track record to show to us...

I am backing Joe, because the system has been backtested and has live performance of 2+ years and he explained me how system works and since I am hedging on my personal trading I liked the system. He showed his face, so he is not some anonymous guy hiding behind xy nickname...

Comment

He has performance fee on MAM/PAM.

MrMcmahon you didn't say anything constructive and you are trolling... This is not a zone recovery trading... It has some elements but overall it's not. I am not spreading anything false. The system works, the problem is that you are posting here only when we are in DD and putting pressure on the trader. Than the rest of investors start questioning the trades and panicking and adding more to pressure. He already made one mistake due to pressure, he was reducing exposure and didn't un-check EA and instead of having small lose like on MAM, where nobody was pressuring him the signal had 2x the loss...

Joe said ranging can cause problems since beginning, so he adapted. You were saying from the start we will get margin call, we will blow out etc... Even now when market is ranging since summer Joe closed trades and PAM at disclosed risk. It made more loss on PAM due to spike and broker not filling SL, but this is the market not him. I don't know why he added 2nd EA, but I guess it was a hope for fast recovery, so clients would be happy and this is again the pressure caused by you for posting it will blow, it's not profitable etc...

He continues trading because he believes the system can recover and he also wrote to all here that he will trade without SL so all who can't risk more than 30% need to close on their own. It's his money on the line and he decided to continue and in this journey he is probably alone as all already closed trades.

The most important question here is why are you writing even if you are not an investor. There are plenty of providers that have also bad performance or even worse and you are quiet in those threads. RenkoGuy is at least posting everywhere and saying it's all shit, but I don't know his endgame for that also... Since nor he or you don't have anything to show... Coming here on forum and acting like you are a some sort of pro and nothing to show is trolling to me. I even wrote you private message to have a private conversation and you never replied... Everything you say has no credibility here due to no track record to show to us...

I am backing Joe, because the system has been backtested and has live performance of 2+ years and he explained me how system works and since I am hedging on my personal trading I liked the system. He showed his face, so he is not some anonymous guy hiding behind xy nickname...
                            Dude seriously after all these events you are still gonna start to argue how this system is better ????
                            I wrote in this thread because Joe was spreading false information about the strategy which everyone has already witnessed ....

Seriously I agree with Renkoguy, reading your posts in this thread makes one wonder if Joe pro and oportunis are partners ????

You are the only guy sticking for him .You made lot of false claims like Joe .If you dont remember all the claims you made about the system ,i can post them again

About the private conversation ,this is what you wrote

"So what you are saying banks trade like retail traders? Show me example how they trade?

seriously why would i even try to reply to this dumb question...
                            Either you are a very delusional guy or you actually thought Pronation way is the banker's way

Only You and Joe seems to know how this system works , maybe keep that as a secret for next 40 years

Note: Asad and Ryan also showed their faces
                            Last edited by MrMcmahon; 01-21-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• I don't know exactly how system works, because this is Joe's secret, but I know it's not zone recovery as you were saying since beginning and the account hasn't blown out as you were so eager to say. From first post you are saying investors will blow their accounts etc.

What false claims have I stated? I said that the system has all trades hedged in case it goes against us and when in DD we need to stick it out until breakout happens. And so far this is true. I repeated what Joe was saying all the time. If account gets blown now is due to lack of margin because Joe used 2 EA's and both were in DD at same time. Had we had only 1 EA we would be going according to plan waiting for breakout...

I am not defending Joe, but the system, because there is something good in it. Even though it might need more tweaking... Joe made 2 mistakes, first when he "panicked" and closed early instead of keeping the system working as it's supposed to and second mistake was adding 2 EA's right before market dries up before holidays.

I asked you question about bank, because you said that you know how they trade and since you are such a "know it all" person I wanted to know the insides of institutional trader...

So far you are just saying I know all and nothing to back up those claims. What have you achieved so far, please show us the track record of your trading? By the comments you post here you should be inside the 100th richest persons in the world, sitting next to Buffet at conferences and managing one of the best performing hedge funds...

All those comments are useless and are spamming and trolling the thread. You can write me in private and we can discuss there instead if you are so eager to argue, but something tells me you won't...

We shall see how the trading goes and I hope Joe recovers and continues with his journey even if it's private...

Comment

• As much as I enjoy a good debate, this is now becoming rather pointless and stale. Let me summarise it:

Oportunis thinks it is a good system, while renkoguy and MrMacmahon does not.

Ok, lets move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X