No announcement yet.

JoePro Hedge Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe, not sure if you already clarified it, but seems like its martingale strategy (adding bigger trade when basket go into loss).
    similar concept to Zone recovery approach, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxDAYtlQjBM just flexible entry area instead of fixed one.

even if you optimize level by splitting trades (agile), still need to face situation when you basically stuck in a range. what you going to do?

i did some simulations on this strategy and its easy to found ****up examples on every currency pair every year.
    If strategy stuck in ranging - whats then? In martingale you quickly lose margin and DD goes exponentially up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ace View Post
      Joe, not sure if you already clarified it, but seems like its martingale strategy (adding bigger trade when basket go into loss).
      similar concept to Zone recovery approach, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxDAYtlQjBM just flexible entry area instead of fixed one.

even if you optimize level by splitting trades (agile), still need to face situation when you basically stuck in a range. what you going to do?

i did some simulations on this strategy and its easy to found ****up examples on every currency pair every year.
      If strategy stuck in ranging - whats then? In martingale you quickly lose margin and DD goes exponentially up.
      Yes the zone recovery is the hedging concept but what I have made here is very different. Actually working on the video to demonstrate exactly why this is different and why this is not martingale what I am doing. It's actually far from it. Another thing, for every pair at every different market condition the distance between hedge and trade needs to be adaptive. It would be very stupid to leave the same zone size for all conditions for all pairs at all times and leave it fixed in 1 position.

What joseph reveals about the strategy and what I reveal about the strategy is just enough so people who try it on their own fail. What you don't know is that there are actually 3 profit targets, 1 is inside of the zone. If we were to reveal exactly everything and all the algorithms behind it than everyone would copy it and no one would need us

Let me finish this video in the next hour or so and you will understand that we have a SL and that we do take 1-2% losses when needed etc.

10% DD we're looking to get out because if you let draw down go on longer, it would get more and more difficult to get out.

Comment

• imho it still stays martingale because we are simply adding to losers bigger lot size - exposure go bigger very fast.
        You might have a few tricks to deal with DD, but i see red light when somebody sayign that worst case scenario is BE or small loss.

in reality what you describe is a set of tools you want to use to avoid dd to increase, but base concept stays as it is - zone recovery. If price go against ,go with the flow but with bigger lot size.
        i would suggest stating this very clearly to subs / MAM followers that DD can go big very fast, and its based on Zone recovery concept (martingale) with tools that prevent DD to Margin call the acc.

Comment

imho it still stays martingale because we are simply adding to losers bigger lot size - exposure go bigger very fast.
          You might have a few tricks to deal with DD, but i see red light when somebody sayign that worst case scenario is BE or small loss.

in reality what you describe is a set of tools you want to use to avoid dd to increase, but base concept stays as it is - zone recovery. If price go against ,go with the flow but with bigger lot size.
          i would suggest stating this very clearly to subs / MAM followers that DD can go big very fast, and its based on Zone recovery concept (martingale) with tools that prevent DD to Margin call the acc.
          I am not sure where you get this idea about my system since you never traded it but if you are interested to know the facts about it you can follow my myfxbook and watch the floating DD also watch this video I am working on right now that I will post that shows that we use a SL in the system actually multiple SL functions and it's far from what you're describing it to be.

Also, you have to understand that if I open 1 lot Buy and 2lot sell that's an exposure of 1lot it's not doubled up like it might appear. Have you been watching my videos, I explain all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoePro View Post

I am not sure where you get this idea about my system since you never traded it but if you are interested to know the facts about it you can follow my myfxbook and watch the floating DD also watch this video I am working on right now that I will post that shows that we use a SL in the system actually multiple SL functions and it's far from what you're describing it to be.

Also, you have to understand that if I open 1 lot Buy and 2lot sell that's an exposure of 1lot it's not doubled up like it might appear. Have you been watching my videos, I explain all this.
            Hi Joe,

Unlike Lithium who is actually studying your system this Ace character is just shooting from the hip. Ignore him.

Pete

Comment

• Originally posted by petermatt View Post

Hi Joe,

Unlike Lithium who is actually studying your system this Ace character is just shooting from the hip. Ignore him.

Pete
              It's fine, I just finished recording a quick little video to demonstrate how the EA manages ranging markets and when we do a SL etc. It's important for all subs and followers to know when we start closing out. Unlike a martingale, we don't run it for ever. I just want to remind people who never thought about it before.

Grid strategies who start out with a full trade, like lets say 1lot sell and than add another 1lot sell when market goes against the trade, that's actually doubled up exposure, and if you add another sell 1lot now you're 3x exposure from the start and so people don't even realize when they trade grid strategies that it's a martingale.

Give me 30min to edit the vid and it will clear things up for everyone who is wondering how the EA manages ranging markets.

Comment

• Video will be uploaded in the morning. Too tired to finish it right away.

By the way, I am pretty sure everyone here knows worst case scenario for the unexpected is 30% DD cut off, however, all the other scenarios, we get out with profit, breakeven or small loss. Thought that was clear but I will make sure to describe the risk more which is also the reason for the video to show how ranging markets are handled.

Trading of course is never risk free & everyone here knows that. Have a great Asian session everyone.

Comment

I ll do a video demonstrating how the EA sets Stop Losses after max 6 hedge trades have been reached per level and what that means and what kind of loss. It will also show how it moves the pending hedge trades out side of the range etc.

I talked to the broker and from what I have understood you can disconnect from the MAM at any time even if we are in draw down and the trades on your account will get closed. I am going to run a small test about this to make sure this is information is 100% correct.

You don't get your own MT4 screen to monitor the trades. You get daily reports from broker & you have access to the open trades and draw down and everything right from your dash board in your control panel. I also have the myfxbook update every few minutes & if you wish to watch the EA trade for a few weeks I can give you access to the investors login on MT4. However I can't give you mt4 access longer than a few weeks to protect myself from people running copy EAs on their mt4 and having the trades copied to other accounts for free. I will of course continue doing draw down video updates for investors and you will always know what the next steps are in the trading when we are in draw down.

I hope that answers your questions and I will make sure to demonstrate the SL function of the EA. This is 100% automated so even if I am sleeping and 1 of the levels reaches it's max DD the EA will automatically set the SL regardless if I am watching or not.
                  Hi Joe,

I have actually signup with Tier1fx already, but they can only accept bank transfer so that's a bit tedious for me. Need to go to the bank. You mentioned Mt. Cook. I will check them out today.

Yeah, the MT4 investors login will be nice for a few weeks to experience it. No I will not copy your trades without paying, that's not my style. Thanks for the offer. Will wait for your video.

Comment

• Hi Joe, I just signup your signal two weeks ago. Your strategy uses relative sizing to hedge. Please make sure your give instruction to broker not to allow fund withdrawal without your clearance. If fund is withdrawn in the middle of trades, it will cause imbalance to the hedge trades and cause lose to everyone. For new fund deposits, it should be fine. Just sharing some experience I had with other pamm/mam that has lot sizing strategy.

Comment

By the way guys, we are in talks right now with Mt.Cook for a MAM there. If anyone is interested in a MAM at Mt.Cook, write me so I can tell them how many people are interested and around how much capital we can expect. Thank you in advance.
                      I'm interested in Mt.Cook's MAM.

Thanks.

Comment

• Yeh me, I have an account with them

Comment

Joe, not sure if you already clarified it, but seems like its martingale strategy (adding bigger trade when basket go into loss).

Thanks Ace for sharing the video, I didn't know there is actually a name for this kind of hedging strategy. "Zone Recovery". Interesting! Anyway, let's see Joe's video. I hope to hear your comments as well after we watch it.

I think this forum should be more like this way, be more open, but not criticizing anyone's system. End of the day we want to create a win win situation and environment where everyone makes money. The signal provider, brokers, signal follower, copier provider, VPS etc all makes money at the same time. Not sure if this is possible.

At the moment, so far, most of the time, signal followers are the ones losing money. So I think we should all help each other and spend time analyzing signals and monitoring signal performance together after we subscribed.

When we lose money, we have only ourselves to blame since we are the one who made the decision to subscribe. There is really no need to spend so much energy cursing anyone else. It's better to put all your energy into analysing signals, monitor them, and get out as fast as possible to protect your capital when there are unexpected changes in the signal you subscribed.

As for the DD that the signal provider mentioned. You should treat it this way, it will most certainly be hit (99% of the time) sometime in future, it's just a matter of WHEN. So you should do your own risk management accordingly. I see many people cursing here and there when the DD actually hit, as if he thinks the DD will never happen and should not happen.

Comment

• Lithium I follow Joe for a while and as I know the max. DD so far was about 15% on 3x risk and since then they reduced risk so to hit max. DD of 30% well... I think he has a lot of maneuvering space to get us out of the DD safely or close trades at a smaller loss and recuperate loss with winning ones.

We all were used to see that when price spikes in one direction (usually opposite direction of our entry) we get decimated and hit max. DD, well, in this case, this is welcome as most money is made on such moves. The trading is making about 2 or 3% on average without any big moves, but when those big moves occur we get nice profit and here is the difference between Joe and the rest. We get scared of such moves when we follow signals such as goldstar, viper, steadycapture..., but here you will be happy to see them.

I can say I am more relaxed since I joined the signal and can sleep like a baby not worrying that one big move can margin call my account overnight. It really is priceless to have a system like Joe offers to us.

Comment

I were working on similar system so i know exactly what you are saying. Exactly same concept is in zone recovery. Martingale do not means you need to double up your bet. it means you increasing your bet when you losing. How fast - depends on you. it can be x1.5/x1.6/x2... it still about increasing exposure each time you are wrong.

I'm looking forward to see video, maybe it will clarify more why its not martingale.
                              to be clear I'm not here to make complains about you or your system. I just want to have more transparency on signals and its risk settings, so subs are aware about potential results/risks. I agree with oportunis, to many signals were not clear about how they manage in different situations - including smart/goldstar/ and many others during my 3y journey.

Originally posted by petermatt View Post
                              Pete, How you assess i did not study his system?
                              Last edited by ace; 06-30-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Guys.
                                Honestly sometimes its just better to sign up and see for yourself on 10% risk. Or on demo.
                                Shouldn't be making Joe reveal so much about it tbh. If he's got simething working the less other programmers know the better. Any system has a use by date and the more chance that otjer coders and thus big money that trade it ruins it's effectiveness.
                                Just sign up. See for yourself. The Colonel never gave the secret to his herbs and spices recipe for KFC and that's why The Colonel makes money still.
                                Just sign up, take your own responsibility and let Joe trade and work on future improvements enhancements or pairs etc etc.
                                This signal provider is one of maybe 5 on this site that can actually communicate and is open and honest.
                                Of course there is gonna be drawdown. Of course it's in a way a form of Martingale but if you watch the videos all of them on his YouTube channel it's very self explanatory. More than enough information there. Complex strategy but he explains it well enough that its honestly so easy to understand.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X