SFE Price Action Autolot High Risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kmf View Post
    ccjhuang Is there a way to stop the EA from opening the stop order trades. It seems to me that most of these turn into losses. They always seem to be against the trend.
    No...it is a major part of the strategy and there is no such option in the EA to only open orders at market. The only way for signal followers not to open these trades, is to use the SignalCopy MySQL+ Slave EA and manually close the pending orders when you see them being placed.

These pending stop orders are in the opposite direction to the last sudden move, trying to catch a reversal bouncing off a support or resistance level. They are not always against the trend. For instance, the current EURUSD Buy is with the major trend.

Trust me, these stop orders are quite profitable in the long term. The market has just been consolidating waiting for the next breakout. You guys really need to have more patience
    Last edited by ccjhuang; 09-01-2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Just a heads up - I have decided to change the balance risk to 130% on my personal account (which also runs on Autolot High Risk) for NFP today.
      Somehow I have a good feeling about it...I believe the market is overdue for a nice breakout

Anyway, even if I don't make profit today, the plan is still to increase the balance risk to 150% next week, and then increase it by 10% every week until Joel's official account is back to equity high
      Last edited by ccjhuang; 09-01-2017, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• I've had it up to 1.66x( 166%) risk for a few weeks now. Let's start off September with a bang (in the right direction)!

Comment

• hmmm, anyone got hit with SL on EURAUD? Why was the trade even opened like 1 min before NFP? The spread was big on my broker and it hit SL and I can see now it is 30 pips in profit on master... Really unlucky, next time I will disable SL on such events.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
            hmmm, anyone got hit with SL on EURAUD? Why was the trade even opened like 1 min before NFP? The spread was big on my broker and it hit SL and I can see now it is 30 pips in profit on master... Really unlucky, next time I will disable SL on such events.
            Yes I saw a sudden spike on that EURAUD trade which nearly took out the SL on the Master account but didn't....are you using IC Markets as well?

Comment

• No, I'm on DMA on different broker, usually I get better prices, but this time I was unlucky as the only nice profitable trade you have so far ended in loss for me. It seems like it want's me to just get loses and no profits. So far not even one day was profitable for me...

Comment

• well let's see if today will be different for you...
                we are in for some nice profits if this euro weakness can continue

Comment

• On the master there are two EURAUD trade that made a good profit but I did not get them 97.4 & 87.7 pips, so at present I am showing a loss for today but the master is currently just above BE at +0.05.

I am coming to the conclusion that this is not a signal for copying but if you run the EA on your own account then you can achieve similar results.

Did anyone copying get those EURAUD trades if so perhaps it is my platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabx View Post
                    On the master there are two EURAUD trade that made a good profit but I did not get them 97.4 & 87.7 pips, so at present I am showing a loss for today but the master is currently just above BE at +0.05.

I am coming to the conclusion that this is not a signal for copying but if you run the EA on your own account then you can achieve similar results.

Did anyone copying get those EURAUD trades if so perhaps it is my platform.
                    Are you using the SimpleTrader EA or the SignalCopy MySQL+ copier?
                    I think those orders were sell stops so you should have got them if you are using the SignalCopy MySQL+ copier?

Comment

• Hi Jimmy I am using the SignalCopy MYSQL copier

Comment

• That is strange...is the SignalCopy MySQL+ EA placing pending orders on your account?

Even my contest account which runs the copier got the trade...you can check the history: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/jim...cXHfjR2N0VnIWu
                        They were closed at 15:41 and 15:45

Comment

• Jimmy yes but perhaps it was such a fast move I did not get filled, what are the default slippage setting on the copier maybe I could increase a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                            hmmm, anyone got hit with SL on EURAUD? Why was the trade even opened like 1 min before NFP? The spread was big on my broker and it hit SL and I can see now it is 30 pips in profit on master... Really unlucky, next time I will disable SL on such events.
                            Same here, hit with the SL on EUR/AUD. Set slippage to 30 but during NFP not large enough. I know to think longer term but the big day losses are starting to add up

Comment

• Originally posted by fabx View Post
                              Jimmy yes but perhaps it was such a fast move I did not get filled, what are the default slippage setting on the copier maybe I could increase a little.
                              If the pending sell stop orders were placed on your broker, then they should have been executed by the broker when the price dropped to that level.
                              The only explanation would be for some reason those pending order were not copied in the first place...but I am not sure why.

You can increase the "max positive pips tolerance" and "max negative pips tolerance" (default is 5), so you make sure you don't miss out on orders that are open at market. But the pips tolerance setting shouldn't really affect pending orders from being copied anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by atxfx View Post

Same here, hit with the SL on EUR/AUD. Set slippage to 30 but during NFP not large enough. I know to think longer term but the big day losses are starting to add up
                                Oh well, I have tried as much as I could to improve the slippage problem by running the SimpleTrader Sender EA on the Manchester server and offering SignalCopy MySQL+ copier which allows copying pending orders...I don't think I can do much more than that.

Anyway, as I have said in the past, people probably should just rent or buy the EA to get best results.
                                Last edited by ccjhuang; 09-01-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X