No announcement yet.

SFE Price Action Autolot High Risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really glad I decided to close all trades before close on Friday. I prefer not to have trades open over the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmf View Post
      Really glad I decided to close all trades before close on Friday. I prefer not to have trades open over the weekend.
      Yes you made the right decision this time, but hindsight is always perfect.

There will definitely be other weekends where trades will gap more in our favour, so in the end all will even out and I am not worried

Comment

• I also closed my trades .
        I dont take trades over the weekend .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Comment

• Roughly -25% over the weekend. From +19% to -5%. If didn't trade myself I would have lost everything already last month. Sigh. Let's see how September goes.

Last edited by reaper_unique; 09-04-2017, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reaper_unique View Post
            Roughly -25% over the weekend. From +19% to -5%. If didn't trade myself I would have lost everything already last month. Sigh. Let's see how September goes.
            I know you would hate me for saying this...but I actually feel it's a good time to increase the risk now with RBA, BOC and ECB news all coming in the next few days

I now have my personal account on Autolot high risk at 150% in order to catch the recovery that may happen soon

Comment

• lol I'm complaining but that doesn't mean I have given up. looking to put my risk at 3 (/1.49 to get master equivalent).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripzor View Post
                I also closed my trades .
                I dont take trades over the weekend .

Would you close trades if they were in loss also?

Comment

• Originally posted by ccjhuang View Post

I know you would hate me for saying this...but I actually feel it's a good time to increase the risk now with RBA, BOC and ECB news all coming in the next few days

I now have my personal account on Autolot high risk at 150% in order to catch the recovery that may happen soon
                  Hmm, what if DD period lasts more than 3 months? At what point will you stop in case we go in another losing streak? Or are you all in? Because if you increase risk every week you would run out of margin.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post

Hmm, what if DD period lasts more than 3 months? At what point will you stop in case we go in another losing streak? Or are you all in? Because if you increase risk every week you would run out of margin.
                    We have been in this DD for 3 weeks, so I am planning to increase the risk over the next 10 weeks from 150% to 250%, and keep the risk at 250% after that.
                    We really should be out of the DD before then (13 weeks = 91 days) - if not then, oh well, bad luck to me
                    If Joel's official account makes a new equity high at any point, I will revert the risk back to Autolot High Risk.

It is money I can afford to lose and I am happy to take the risk. I guess it is easier for me because I am not psychologically attach to them - they are all just profits that I have made.

I am only doing this on my personal account, so I will still have funds in my Signal account to fall back on if I do indeed blow up my personal account.
                    Last edited by ccjhuang; 09-04-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis

Would you close trades if they were in loss also?
                      Yes and definitely in these times.
                      If Kim launched a nuke on people you would have margin called I think.

Comment

Oh well...North Korea ruined the party...

But just like you can never predict when a profitable news will happen, you couldn't have predicted this either.
                        You are generally right, although, there is a bit more to say then that.
                        A computer cannot analyze the politics, humans can. In this period the biggest danger, in term of news that can have the market gaps, come from Korea. Specifically bad news are the only one that can strongly move the market as I don't see which "positive" news (besides maybe his death but not sure) could make the forex gaps.
                        On Friday the EA left lots of open trades and they were all correlated to the "risk on" side, hence they all turned negative. A more in depth analysis would have suggested to close more position lowering the risk. DIfferent approach could have been used if the correlation was towards "risk off" or even better, differently correlated, in which case the trades could have been evaluated as less risky.
                        Leaving all the decision making to an EA, incapable of such evaluation, will put us in place like last night (and I was actually expecting a much worse situation after hearing about the news).

On friday I hoped the EA closed more trades so badly, but as I don't like changing a system that is supposed to work, unfortunately, I left them all open. Although, I'd say that when there are such special condition like the ones we've been experiencing in this time (not the first to happen over the weekend) using a bit more prudence won't hurt the performance so much as yesterday did being in full hands of the EA.

Hopefully you will consider.

Cheers

Comment

• Thanks for your feedback. Joel just posted another comment on the MQL5 page, and Friday will be disabled for all public accounts now (including the official MQL5 signal and MAM accounts): https://www.mql5.com/en/market/produ...omment=5706737

So I will do the same for my High Risk Signal account and hopefully this will end the debate.
                          If there are people who still want to trade Friday then they will need to rent or buy the EA.

I am still going to run Friday on my personal account, and that's a risk I am willing to take.
                          It's so much easier when there isn't other people's money involved lol.
                          Last edited by ccjhuang; 09-05-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• jimmy why is your autolot high risk account down on the month less than Joel's master account?? Are we sure Joel is not running his master @ more than 1X risk? This is very important to know.

As we see below your account is even down less than his??
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by nvenr32 View Post
                              jimmy why is your autolot high risk account down on the month less than Joel's master account?? Are we sure Joel is not running his master @ more than 1X risk? This is very important to know.

As we see below your account is even down less than his??
                              It may just be that my account has been lucky to miss out some losers or had some more winners. We already know there can be some slight difference to each account's individual trades, but in the long term they should even out.

Comment

It may just be that my account has been lucky to miss out some losers or had some more winners. We already know there can be some slight difference to each account's individual trades, but in the long term they should even out.
                                Thats a pretty big difference, not sure what the deal is i'm hoping Joel did not increase the risk of his master? I figured you should be down almost double what his account is for this month? Maybe I'm wrong but it sure is weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X