SFE Price Action Autolot High Risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccjhuang View Post
    I think some trades must have gone into profit straight away and therefore not copied to your account due to the slippage setting. If you don't want to miss any trades then as mentioned above you can use a larger slippage setting so all trades will be opened at market and you won't miss any trades. It's probably better to be slipped than missing out a profitable trade altogether.

But MAM or the EA will be the way to go if you want to eliminate the slippage issue completely.
    Yeah, I'll probably do that once I've seen it work for a month or so (and made enough to buy it out of the profit :P)

Comment

Originally posted by kmf View Post
      Jimmy, will you be closing the open trades, or leaving them open over the weekend?
      Sorry I didn't get to answer the question in time.

But as you can see I just leave the trades to the EA to manage.

Someone asked the same question to Joel before and he said because often there is already some locked in profit, and also if there is gap over weekend it usually will be in favour of the previous strong price movement, leaving the trades open over the weekend is still profitable in the long term.
      Last edited by ccjhuang; 08-04-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reaper_unique
        ccjhuang Now that we've had two news events I've compared my closed trades with those from SFE Price Action High risk and I've noticed plenty of trades being done on the "master" account but they are not on my account and most of them have many pips. Is there an explanation for this? Especially today.

The one in the image:
        • 62.5 pips
        • 78.9 pips
        • 74.4 pips
        • 1.8 pips
        Besides the ones listed in the image below I have others:
        • 5441998 (43 pips)
        • 5441590 (54.8 pips)
        • 5441200 (41 pips)
        • 5441411 (-12.8 pips)
        • 5441106 (7.7 pips)
        That gives a total of 363.2 missed pips?! Slippage is one thing and thus having a difference of a pip or two, fine. But missing such an amount of pips will result in a major difference over time.
        Depends on your broker and or account type. If you have a broker that has 3 pips higher spreads and your settings is a max slippage of 3 pips you will miss a lot of trades.

Comment

You need to put you're slippage higher. 3 pips is not much for news trading.

Comment

Hi Guys,

May not be as brilliant as you might want, but you are still on places 5 (CCJuang) and 7 (Erubus) and kicking arse over the rest of us on the contest.

Not sure where Vincent is.

Comment

Originally posted by reaper_unique View Post
              ccjhuang Now that we've had two news events I've compared my closed trades with those from SFE Price Action High risk and I've noticed plenty of trades being done on the "master" account but they are not on my account and most of them have many pips. Is there an explanation for this? Especially today.
              what is your slippage setting? 3 as per default?

Could you or someone else keep us updated about the best slippage setting for this signal after you do some test / experience with next news?

Comment

It depends also on broker. If you are all on ICmarkets than u will get slipped more. So manny of same orders at same time to fill is hard, so I think smaller orders will get filled faster than the bigger...

Comment

Originally posted by BMM View Post

what is your slippage setting? 3 as per default?

Could you or someone else keep us updated about the best slippage setting for this signal after you do some test/experience with next news?

I'm with IC Markets on Live10. My VPS is located in New York. Slippage was the default 3 pips. I increased it to 7.

It's indeed very likely the trades I highlighted were missed because they just fell out of that margin. By the time I received the signal the market most likely already moved 4, 5 or 6 pips. I will see what happens next week (with Wednesday's NZD rate decision and Thursday's PPI and Friday's CPI for USD) and if 7 is enough. I also said that it should copy the SL and TP so that those will be taken locally.

I'm also managing the difference by having a higher multiplier than 1 (or 1.49 since I have a EUR account). It's currently set at 2 so I have a slightly larger lot size, might consider putting it even a bit higher still at 2.25.
                  Last edited by reaper_unique; 08-05-2017, 09:00 AM. Reason: Never mind, misread...

Comment

I am using CNS VPS NY server. Do you mean the SimpleTrader server is in Asia?

Comment

Oh, no I thought you mentioned somewhere that your VPS was in Asia. My bad. I presume with CNS you mean these guy's: https://www.commercialnetworkservices.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ccjhuang View Post
                        I am using CNS VPS NY server. Do you mean the SimpleTrader server is in Asia?
                        Simpletrader is in Manchester. I still dont get it why they dont make 2 servers. 1 in London and 1 in NY. Its better for us (IC Markets).

Comment

Yes CNS is Commercial Network Services. So I guess most of the delay is caused by the master sending signal to Manchester and then coming back to NY again. Would be good if SimpleTrader can have a server in NY so the latency can be reduced for us IC Markets clients.
                          Last edited by ccjhuang; 08-05-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I missed a few trades also, but I still made a good profit, on some of the master trades I got a few more pips and on some a few less, so I guess it evens itself out.

I have also increased my spread on the copier to 7 pips to see if this makes a difference.

I am not sure the location of the server makes a huge difference.

Even with the odd missed trade I am very pleased with results this week.

Comment

If you want to get the best signals experience then you definitely should get a VPS exactly located in the same data-center as SimpleTrader servers. You can get VPS from our sister company - ForexVPS.net (location: Manchester, UK). I can see that there are many trades that are being opened during higher volatility (slippage can be high if you don't have a proper setup). Why it's better to get VPS at Manchester then your broker's location (eg. NY, London)? It's because there is simply much more data being sent between SimpleTrader servers (Manchester, UK) and your MT4 (your VPS location) then MT4 and your broker's server when your order is being executed. Or better yet, go MAM and you will get exactly the same traders as master account.

Comment

Daniel yes I am with ForexVPS and yes I agree it works very well.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X