No announcement yet.

SFE Price Action Autolot High Risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the difference be because Jimmy did trade on this Friday which was profitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabx View Post
      Could the difference be because Jimmy did trade on this Friday which was profitable.
      Joel's account also traded last Friday...perhaps he had more loss on some of the trades

Comment

• Not a subscriber but I purchased the ea at the start of the draw down.... Just so frustrating just watching it

Comment

• Joel also traded on Friday, that is why this loss even occured. It is just a difference between broker feeds so the EA opens slightly different on each account.

Today another loss... It looks like days without news turn in loss most of the time, because nothing pushes trades in profit. Really don't know how this is price action if it goes against the trend, probably those 5 min. chart getting false signals, but they make about 1% loss constantly...

Looking at chart it looks like a straight line down since signal went public here. Historically this looks like the biggest drop since inception, really strange. It never went only down. When you mention 3 month of DD this is based on your results, because on master account it had 4 straight month in a loss?

Comment

• It was based on the max stagnation period being 93 days on the 10 year backtest that Joel published: https://c.mql5.com/31/164/Portfolio_..._size_0.09.zip

Comment

• I went over backtest, and there are none consecutive losing month like on the real account. If you check monthly profits, you can see it is an isolated even that occurs 1 or 2 per year. Well we do know backtests are not the same as real trading, but it is strange that the EA now makes bigger loss than usually, are market conditions any worse than before? We already had some conflicts few years ago between Russia and USA plus economic problems in EU with Greece etc. and the EA performed better.

Comment

• The DD on Joel's account is now 14.17%, which is getting close to the worst DD in the last 2 years (17.87%). On Low Risk setting the max theoretical DD is about 37%, but Joel has said in real life max DD should only be about half of that...so I really think we should see a recovery soon.

I think BOC tomorrow and ECB on Thursday have good potential to turn things around for us. We shall see.
                Last edited by ccjhuang; 09-05-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccjhuang View Post
                  It was based on the max stagnation period being 93 days on the 10 year backtest that Joel published: https://c.mql5.com/31/164/Portfolio_..._size_0.09.zip
                  This is like the flipping coin story Josip told in his videos. That 93 days do not guarantee anything for the future. So in fact you're applying something that looks like martingale (like stated before) which is very risky.

I guess the backtest also did not include the spread volatility? So real account will never be exactly the same as the backtest. Because backtests in mt4 use a fixen spread.

Comment

• Originally posted by KappuhH View Post
                    This is like the flipping coin story Josip told in his videos. That 93 days do not guarantee anything for the future. So in fact you're applying something that looks like martingale (like stated before) which is very risky.

I guess the backtest also did not include the spread volatility? So real account will never be exactly the same as the backtest. Because backtests in mt4 use a fixen spread.
                    I am only applying the higher risk multiplier to my personal account, and it is a risk that I am happy to take, and money that I can afford to lose. This is how I made my $200K.

There has also been people who asked me to let them know when I would increase my risk again, so I am just posting my trading plans for their information. But of course, people should not feel obliged to copy what I do.

Comment

• Its funny to see all those people worry. Its just like me 1 year ago.
                      The ea gets some wins you are happy and then its starts stagnation and some drawdown and you start thinking oh **** this thing is broken.
                      This ea is so frustrating to watch but it does the job at the end of the month, Last year I jumped off the ea after the 4 months of losers and ofcourse then it starts winning again.

Just put the risk down and relax and sit back
                      Last edited by Tripzor; 09-05-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• I do have my risk down, but relaxing part is not there yet. It has been taking loss every day since I started, so until we get to the wining side I will be stressed It is really messing with us. Sometime I think it would be better to trade opposite because it is making constant loss. I would have made nice profit that way But than again if stats are on our side this should turn out soon in our favour...

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post

Today another loss...
                          What? today is over? no one told me...

I'm not even on the signal but just reading what's going on. But I am a renter and hurting with 22% real drawdown.

This is my control account, a demo I started at the same time, with default settings at High Risk.

Might help some of you to check trades, I think it's all open, running on VPS and IC Markets in New York I believe.

Many pips to all...
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• You have different results than master. Didn't you get huge gap loss yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                              You have different results than master. Didn't you get huge gap loss yesterday?
                              That's a demo account...so it probably had much smaller spread on the Monday gap compared to a real account.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccjhuang View Post

That's a demo account...so it probably had much smaller spread on the Monday gap compared to a real account.
                                Thanks for the logical explanation Jimmy, I was thinking it looked too good, so as a comparison account, it's pretty useless

Comment

Working...
                                X