Impulse Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave123 View Post

Your accounts are totally different. The longest running account has 5xx trades from 18th july and the linked account on simpletrader has only 307 trades from 18th july. So there are different trades and risk taken. What is the different in your accounts? How far is the risk ratio of the longer running system?

You writte about 25 open trades. How many trades are open per pair? So do you scale in loosing trades or do you have 25 differents trades in 25 different pairs?
    What is the max risk per trade and SL?

Why are all of your accounts in myfxbook Other(MT4), so you dont use the auto updater of mt4, this looks very unserious. You should reattach your accounts with the autoupdater and verify them.

Dave123
    hi dave,

i gave my absolute best to describe and outline how the signal account is traded. please read again above what you just copied,

its clearly stated that the signal is half the risk of the impulse master and so its clearly different by that statement alone.

the signal is run with the least amount of underlying risk, period.

furthermore all of my accounts are all set to update in 5 min intervals, what more could i possibly do.

and if you are not comfortable with my signal, please please look elsewhere, or run it on demo for a month to build confidence.

all the best,

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh
      in picture below, cj should clearly be at the top. vs first spot, cj has lower volatility showing, much better gains, why is he not at the top.

i must be missing something.
      Read the formula properly and it's easy to figure out. There is actually a thread on it if you search. I believe I started the thread or klaas did. Sorry on my mobile and can't link it for now but should be easy to find if you search the thread. It's all about the volatility that's what you're missing in short

I do believe the formula is shit though to be frank. The weighting on volatility is much too high and imo there should be a formula that incorporates length. IE a trader with 1 year history will have a higher weighting than a trader with 3 months.

In fact I'm going to start a new thread on this shit so I don't overtake the impulse signal
      Last edited by Big River Man; 11-05-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sehter View Post

listen man, you started this so i might as well say it now.

norbert is a force to be reckoned with.

in one year of trading he's down one buck and probably 30 cents, depending on the exchange rate for gbp/usd.

now, if that's not solid performance, I dont know what is.

I like your trading btw.
        yeah i thought we all want to make headway in our accounts = equity gains, at least thats whats my goal has always been.

i am sure sitting on pins and needles to get going, but so far have not gotten any specs what i need to do to win. i can tailor my strategy as long i know,

but seeing the ranks and him having shown no profit, how in the world can he be 1st place, it simply makes no sense to me whatsoever.

maybe i have to blow my account and will reach 1st place, lol

Comment

Hello Nick and Will Could you please define this Std Dev. quantifier you have in your competition. It's a bit wishy-washy at the moment. No one (to my

Comment

just a heads up,

myfxbook has issues, https://www.myfxbook.com/members/fid...low-dd/2257413

this is not my signal account, none or less its not updating at this very moment. myfxbook ea is publishing just fine i just checked.

all my accounts are set to update every 5 minutes. but myfxbook seems to have issues as of late. i have noticed this for at least 3 weeks or even longer that its not as reliable as it used to be.

that of course can affect other signal providers as well.

just want to let you all know whats going on.

Comment

for all who had been looking forward watching my performance on the top trader contest,

i am very sorry to inform you all that i have withdrawn my newly set up trading account, it has already been closed.

since the rules for the contest cant be understood, by most everybody, including myself all the while rule breakers are allowed to participate,

i simply had no choice but to withdraw.

i will focus my energy towards developing my systems even further, and making my subscribers profits in the meantime.

at the same time i am very disappointed and let down, since i was very very excited to enter and show you all in real time going forward what one of my most powerful systems is capable of.
              Last edited by reinerh; 11-06-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

here is another little tidbit of information i had posted at an earlier time, but i edited into oblivion somehow, it simply vanished.

so here is is again,

a toned down version of my manual strategy is currently being run on my signal account.

for how long i cant promise, since impulse by itself is already mighty profitable which can easily be seen on myfxbook.

the strategies currently on the signal are weighted in such a way that the profits should be almost the same as the master albeit the signal being run less the half risk, with dd values reduced even further since these strategies are totally non correlating.

so furthermore i want to already encourage the more serious investor to get in contact with me, via pm, as to get on the mailing list for a very lucrative pamm coming up in the future, but this is still a long way out, none or less please plan ahead if my trading style suits your risk appetite.

as many of you can clearly see already is that i want to keep my manual strategy close to my chest, first to preserve liquidity, and also making sure it wont get targeted by the liquidity providers.

as far as impulse being an ea, i have already taken measures that it too wont get targeted and feel quite confident it wont. since listing it on mq, their system did not detect it as being entirely algo traded. under statistics right bottom, one can see that impulse is only seen as 18% algo traded. a 100% percent algo traded system or slightly below can easily be targeted.

see below for attached sceen shot.

also please find image showing results of my longest running non optimised manual set up, it has only gotten better since.

please pay close attention the very low total number of trades, pips achieved, win to loss ratio, and most importantly trade duration.

experienced traders who have mastered the art of analysis can clearly see how profitable this strategy is.

and this is currently being run in a toned down version on the signal to achieve even lower dd values free of charge to my current subscribers.

also all my current subscribers having whatever question, please fire away. i will always try to get back in a timely manner to assure your accounts are well taken care of and will achieve positive results.

in hopes to a good trading week to us all......................
                Attached Files

Comment

"and this is currently being run in a toned down version on the signal to achieve even lower dd values free of charge to my current subscribers."

>> What you mean free of charge?
                  Your signal is advertised as diversified multiple strategies, are you saying that some of these strategies will be sold separately at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by peeper View Post
                    "and this is currently being run in a toned down version on the signal to achieve even lower dd values free of charge to my current subscribers."

>> What you mean free of charge?
                    Your signal is advertised as diversified multiple strategies, are you saying that some of these strategies will be sold separately at some point?
                    peeper,

i appreciate your question,

here it goes..............................

it originally was advertised as just plain jane impulse to come when i started out mentioning it way back early this summer 2017, but ever since it has morphed into a much more complex hybrid as described in the description. and its clearly biting me in my hiney in a big way, i wish i had not done so...................................but i run the exact same set up in all my large accounts btw.

and since i hate dd i assembled the best of the best for this hybrid approach..........................

but i deeply regret having getting pushed into launching when in fact i should have just stuck to my guns since i clearly wasnt ready.

please remember i was asked over and over to please provide my signal already, and unfortunately i was pushed over.

my business plan called for 2018 the earliest sometime for offering signals with clean virgin accounts running one strategy each.

and you made it crystal clear to me now i simply have no other choice then to go that route, and i must reserve my hybrid approach to my upcoming pamm accounts.

otherwise all it does is create mass confusion....................................dave1 23 was clearly confused as well

so for the moment i simply decided to provide the best value i can = at this point in time.

so in conclusion,

some of my most profitable manual trades are currently added as a bonus.

furthermore rest assured that in its current form my target is the least amount of dd to gains achieved. its just as simple as that.

man i sooooo wish i could explain the rest a bit better, but this will all be all fixed come next year when its simply one strategy per signal.

several newly started accounts coming on line will be clear as clear can be from the get go and stay that way, so i wont run into that dilemma again.

trendtrader for example, is already strictly running a single strategy. and i am forced to go that route otherwise nobody will understand.

thats sure one nice thing about pamms, at least the trader can trade as he wishes without having the complexity trying to explain himself on an ongoing basis.

so thanks for your question, i hope i explained it to your satisfaction.
                    Last edited by reinerh; 11-06-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

If you offer too many signals this will be more confusing I think. If I were you I would focus to create one signal that has the best performance and lowest risk and optimise it and make it the best signal ever. If you have so many accounts, than it will be hard for you to manage them, plus you will get so many emails for each system that you will be focusing more on replying on emails and forums than on trading. So my advice would be that you optimise and put all in one system and focus the most time on it. That system you can than use for MAM later, so all investors will see the performance is same.

Comment

Yes I must second oportunis on that. What you're explaining makes it confusing already.
                        When a fund offers different strategies, it generally has different traders behind them.
                        Traders offering different signals/strategies generally sound like trying to milk the cow, or like allowing subscribers while still testing out strategies.
                        You'd do better testing your systems separately and bringing them in your main strategy when proven, and thus build a long, steady, resilient and robust track record, along with an ever increasing popularity and large following.
                        Good and honest traders trade all the strategies they possibility can to milk the market, not the subscribers, and the subscribers follow. Nothing holds you back from describing the different strategies involved in your trading, and nobody cares for your showcasing individual ones but you.
                        Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                          If you offer too many signals this will be more confusing I think. If I were you I would focus to create one signal that has the best performance and lowest risk and optimise it and make it the best signal ever. If you have so many accounts, than it will be hard for you to manage them, plus you will get so many emails for each system that you will be focusing more on replying on emails and forums than on trading. So my advice would be that you optimise and put all in one system and focus the most time on it. That system you can than use for MAM later, so all investors will see the performance is same.
                          opportunis,

yes, you have a good point as well. but please read dave123, he was simply totally confused and no amount of explaining by me could have ever made it clear to him or most everybody else, only me myself have the finger on the trigger so its just soooooo hard to explain.

oh my copier is still not at capacity, so i dont mind running whatever number of accounts.

also the current signal account will not go bye bye it will stay for a long while to come = the account itself, even so it shows badly for all history thats why i set myfxbook from the day i launched impulse on it.
                          but i need a second virgin one for sure.

but also a huge issue i been running into is that i cant have anything too profitable, otherwise people simply get turned off. i have been called quite a number of names in the book.

so one huge totally simple question i am struggling with is how much profit to target a month, you might be laughing at this, but its not easy. i have not cracked that nut as of yet.
                          i might soon simply remove my personal competition account, and pipmonster as well, or people will keep calling me an idiot.

so this is still biggggggggggggggggg work in progress, = me trying to achieve to come up with a way to have something for everybody. and every single question so far helps me to reach that goal.

and yes i was fully aware beforehand that i be entering the lions den, to figure this all out.

my skin is growing thicker every day

Comment

Originally posted by peeper View Post
                            Yes I must second oportunis on that. What you're explaining makes it confusing already.
                            When a fund offers different strategies, it generally has different traders behind them.
                            Traders offering different signals/strategies generally sound like trying to milk the cow, or like allowing subscribers while still testing out strategies.
                            You'd do better testing your systems separately and bringing them in your main strategy when proven, and thus build a long, steady, resilient and robust track record, along with an ever increasing popularity and large following.
                            Good and honest traders trade all the strategies they possibility can to milk the market, not the subscribers, and the subscribers follow. Nothing holds you back from describing the different strategies involved in your trading, and nobody cares for your showcasing individual ones but you.
                            Just my two cents.
                            yes peeper you too have a good point as well.

but you need to see it from my perspective as well.

first i am not trying to milk anybody, but it has already been brought up to me and this may sound weird i know, but it was said to me cold turkey that i currently undersell myself big time with my current signal, vs going for profitsharing pamms mamms. that was said by a very experienced trader friend of mine who has seen my accounts.
                            thats based on such a low dd to gain ratio i achieved, just try to find that elsewhere.

but rest assured i will work very very hard with the goal to have something for everybody.

and also nothing will change till the end of the year or even further out, i want to have some happy smiling followers by then
                            Last edited by reinerh; 11-06-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

You can't please all, there will be some who like and understand and some who don't. To make assumption dave123 needs to fully understand your system, well I think this is not needed. If you compare your trading to an investment fund, they don't explain anything in details. Investors decide to invest upon their track record and a promise that same trading and rules will continue for the future. If you like it you will join if not than nobody is forcing you to invest...

Also you can't explain how your system works in details because someone can copy it, so there is that problem also. I think best option would be to create one long account that is the best optimised version and is ever adapting to the market. Because people like dave123 will post on all of your threads and it will be time consuming. Look at Viper, or Goldstar thread and you will see. Even if they made profit there was so much negativity and if they went into DD than that negativity escalated even faster.

Imagine you have 5 threads like that and you would probably want to defend all your systems, because you know how they work inside out and we outsiders don't and this alone is taking your focus from trading to wasting time for replies. Plus you will get frustrated, angry, dissapointed etc... and this can affect your judgement. If your goal is to offer a hybrid MAM in the future than start doing it from the beginning, you build your track record and it will be much easier to get investors into MAM later on.

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                                You can't please all, there will be some who like and understand and some who don't. To make assumption dave123 needs to fully understand your system, well I think this is not needed. If you compare your trading to an investment fund, they don't explain anything in details. Investors decide to invest upon their track record and a promise that same trading and rules will continue for the future. If you like it you will join if not than nobody is forcing you to invest...

Also you can't explain how your system works in details because someone can copy it, so there is that problem also. I think best option would be to create one long account that is the best optimised version and is ever adapting to the market. Because people like dave123 will post on all of your threads and it will be time consuming. Look at Viper, or Goldstar thread and you will see. Even if they made profit there was so much negativity and if they went into DD than that negativity escalated even faster.

Imagine you have 5 threads like that and you would probably want to defend all your systems, because you know how they work inside out and we outsiders don't and this alone is taking your focus from trading to wasting time for replies. Plus you will get frustrated, angry, dissapointed etc... and this can affect your judgement. If your goal is to offer a hybrid MAM in the future than start doing it from the beginning, you build your track record and it will be much easier to get investors into MAM later on.
                                opportunis,

yes cant please them all true, i will still try to have something for most

copied, my system is an extremely complicated raskal, it cant be copied basically. its in my head how to go about it, and i will take that into my grave.

at the same time my signal of course as well as any other one can be copied or redistributed. sfe for example fell victim to that. also i have run across many redistributed mq signals, so this is a real concern to me and i will have to ask nick at some point about this.

earlier today i had a good long chatt with a good trader friend of mine, he set me straight with quite a number of things.

so i already removed pipmonster and my personal contest account, he told me its simply not instilling confidence with regards towards serious investors, i agreed so they are gone................

i also renamed some of my accounts and might change that some more, all the while starting a few more virgin ones. this is only done to achieve history for the time being producing a clean start, so i can start with a clean slate, and then make some serious decisions sometime next year how to go about things.

a virgin impulse hybrid has also been created already, my future, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out in the future pamm account. nick told me i need a year of history for him to be worthy to be looked at managing more serious capital. i respect that and have no problem whatsoever with that.

so thanks again for everybodys input, it keeps evolving..................

expect to see about 9 trades soon...................

Comment

Working...
                                X