No announcement yet.

Impulse Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing can ever be too profitable for me... if you ever want to set up a small, exclusive trade copying group for such a signal then please let me know - I'm in!!!

Originally posted by reinerh View Post

opportunis,

yes, you have a good point as well. but please read dave123, he was simply totally confused and no amount of explaining by me could have ever made it clear to him or most everybody else, only me myself have the finger on the trigger so its just soooooo hard to explain.

oh my copier is still not at capacity, so i dont mind running whatever number of accounts.

also the current signal account will not go bye bye it will stay for a long while to come = the account itself, even so it shows badly for all history thats why i set myfxbook from the day i launched impulse on it.
    but i need a second virgin one for sure.

but also a huge issue i been running into is that i cant have anything too profitable, otherwise people simply get turned off. i have been called quite a number of names in the book.

so one huge totally simple question i am struggling with is how much profit to target a month, you might be laughing at this, but its not easy.
    i have not cracked that nut as of yet.
    i might soon simply remove my personal competition account, and pipmonster as well, or people will keep calling me an idiot.

so this is still biggggggggggggggggg work in progress, = me trying to achieve to come up with a way to have something for everybody. and every single question so far helps me to reach that goal.

and yes i was fully aware beforehand that i be entering the lions den, to figure this all out.

my skin is growing thicker every day

Comment

Personally, I really like the idea of being able to choose to follow one or all of a "boring" but profitable trend trader, a manual signal, a high risk Impulse signal, a low risk impulse signal and anything else that you're kind enough to offer.... I don't think it would be confusing at all - there would just be some more signals in the marketplace for people to choose from, each would have its own description, stats etc. and I don't see why it would be any different from someone choosing to follow, for example, Golden Profit, Titan Trader and MHD now.

I do appreciate and totally understand that it might be more work for you and so you might not want to do it. But I think it would be great to have that sort of choice.

You certainly don't need my advice, but for what it's worth, I would not get too concerned about having to respond to support questions etc. if you don't have time to deal with them. Simpletrader can deal with them

Comment

Originally posted by withnail View Post
        Personally, I really like the idea of being able to choose to follow one or all of a "boring" but profitable trend trader, a manual signal, a high risk Impulse signal, a low risk impulse signal and anything else that you're kind enough to offer.... I don't think it would be confusing at all - there would just be some more signals in the marketplace for people to choose from, each would have its own description, stats etc. and I don't see why it would be any different from someone choosing to follow, for example, Golden Profit, Titan Trader and MHD now.

I do appreciate and totally understand that it might be more work for you and so you might not want to do it. But I think it would be great to have that sort of choice.

You certainly don't need my advice, but for what it's worth, I would not get too concerned about having to respond to support questions etc. if you don't have time to deal with them. Simpletrader can deal with them
        its not that big of a deal to run several risk set ups with different underlying strategies = meaning me being able to offer several possible signals down the road, and thats exactly what i already decided today and implemented.

but the key mistake i made is a very simple one, i simply divulged too much info in the description = me saying too much essentially. that lesson has been learned, and i most certainly wont do that mistake a second time.

next description will be much more condensed, and subs will have several options to choose from. it will be kinda, fish, steak, pasta, mexican......................several flavours and people can decide strictly on forward results no more no less.

Comment

I'm sorry but I can't agree with any of the above.

You're only one man, with a limited ability to make money in this market, just like anybody else, and there is absolutely no point in offering several accounts instead of offering a strategy that shows your full potential as a trader.

Any new idea you can have will just make you more profitable or robust or resilient overall, that's all. If you split these ideas, the only goal must be to squeeze money out of ppl, plus it is bound to be dispersing and scattering--and being successful requires focus and discipline.

The only thing ppl will care for is risk level, because of different pocket depth and risk appetite. Ppl can adjust their risk on the signal, PAMMs/MAMs can be offered with different levels of risk, and certain MAMs even offer adjustable risk levels to followers (ATC, MtCook, etc).

And the easy answer to that is to show two flagship accounts, one very low risk for deep pockets, and one medium risk for any other long term investor (and maybe one high risk for showoff, but ppl will be dubious indeed, as you've seen already -- 5 to 10% monthly growth with very low DD will be far more impressive to anyone serious I know, and it will be our business to leverage that as much as we want; plus it will be more easily compared to other successful signals rather than falling in the category of short lived scams).

In regards to selling yourself short, just take example of SteadyCapture who now benefits from being the only supported trader on this platform, giving him constant promotion and access to the ThinkHuge PAMMs. (Btw, Steady offers only one strategy that showcases his full ability to trade the Fx market, kept his early signal followers and now only accepts ppl through PAMMs -- I'm sure he's doing well for himself).
          Or maybe look at Thales, an awesome signal that showcased a strategy here and then moved to be part of a serious fund offering different managed accounts and signal contacts. (Btw, Finbou offers two strategies, Thales and Fermi, because they have different traders behind those two, not because they have "too many ideas", and each strategy offers different risk levels).

Finally, if some funds at the institutional level get in touch with you, nothing will hold you back from offering the same strategy under a different name and risk level and min investment etc, since institutional is just a different world all together.

In any case, however much potential you and your friends think you have, all I can say is that it would be a mistake to show more self interest than interest for the followers. We've seen it to many times now and we're too sophisticated for this. The only ppl we trust is ppl who seem to have our interest as their prime concern, and who fight to provide the best possible service.

Don't take me wrong, you seem to be working hard to come up with something amazing. Now don't shoot yourself in the foot by being self centered instead of working to serve the community to the best of your ability. In the long term, I doubt you'll suffer from "selling yourself short" and other short sighted worries, if you keep working hard at being profitable.

Good luck in any case. It's rare to see someone who might have the mindset to shine around here, thus I'm just giving my two cents hoping it doesn't get spoiled, so it benefits everyone.

Comment

peeper,

thank you very very much for presenting your thought proccess in such detail, its very much appreciated especially coming from you being an old timer around here. i will print this out and read it many many times over and hopefully make a wise decision which will ultimaltely benefit everybody.

i also realised that it was me myself causing all this mass confusion, and nobody else. it seems i simply got carried away and divulging just way too much information thereby it was simply no longer comprehensible.

i could not sleep, it bothered me that much and also what my trader friend told me really made a lot of sense.

this will now change, from today on this thread will strictly be pertaining to my current live signal.

updates regards what else will be coming and how i will proceed in the new year will be kept in my other thread, new signals to come early 2018

btw, thales was my inspiration for trading news, he is a master in his craft the best i ever have seen, just simply the real deal. i wish i could meet the man behind and enjoy a nice dinner with him.

last night we were negative 100 at the peak low, now currently positive 100 and gaining.......................

Comment

we did close around 200 pips, good start to the week.

sitting at equity highs always makes me a little bit uneasy, please remember guys we will have red days as well, this is not a money printing machine.

please see trading as a long term endeavor and always use responsible risk settings.

Comment

Just joined your Impulse signal last night and was very pleased to see the results this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by kmf View Post
                  Just joined your Impulse signal last night and was very pleased to see the results this morning.
                  great timing kmf well done, enjoy

but please see post above and stay on terra firma.

Comment

Originally posted by withnail View Post

i just answered regards to profitable, see thread signals to come below.

from here on out i want to keep it uncluttered in this thread = stay focused on current signal only.

hi you all, some of you might know me from another forum and already know of my developments. i have been trading for well over 10 years now and the time has

Comment

to all my dear subscribers :

what i have seen in other threads = people boasting/bragging how many tens of thousands of dollars they made, raises huge concerns with me.

for me as a trader i could not care any less. to me only pips count, and that profits are being made, thats it. and if you bought a nice car from the profits i made you, fantastic, i have no problem with that, no jealousy whatsoever.

at the same time i neverrrrrrrrrrr ever want to see a post by a subscriber being totally bend out of shape who lost many tens of thousands of dollars or even worse yet blew his account to smithereens,

and is simply totally besides himself, vs accepting responsibility for his actions,

by running his or her account way above the recommended stated risk multiplier = being 1 in my case.

a follower can simply can not understand the underlying risk profile being used, only the trader or creator of whatever strategy does know that, and this applies to all signals.

so anybody posting results, please post pips gained, how much money you made i simply dont care.

more to come in weekly update, again a must read for you all,

cheers

reiner
                      Last edited by reinerh; 11-09-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

to all my dear subscribers :

what i have seen in other threads = people boasting/bragging how many tens of thousands of dollars they made, raises huge concerns with me.

for me as a trader i could not care any less. to me only pips count, and that profits are being made, thats it. and if you bought a nice car from the profits i made you, fantastic, i have no problem with that, no jealousy whatsoever.

at the same time i neverrrrrrrrrrr ever want to see a post by a subscriber being totally bend out of shape who lost many tens of thousands of dollars or even worse yet blew his account to smithereens,

and is simply totally besides himself, vs accepting responsibility for his actions,

by running his or her account way above the recommended stated risk multiplier = being 1 in my case.

a follower can simply can not understand the underlying risk profile being used, only the trader or creator of whatever strategy does know that, and this applies to all signals.

so anybody posting results, please post pips gained, how much money you made i simply dont care.

more to come in weekly update, again a must read for you all,

cheers

reiner
                        Very well said.

While I have made some nice profits myself, I also recommend people who follow my signal account not to increase the risk multiplier higher than 1 unless they know what they are doing. I have increased my risk during DDs in the past because I am confident with the system, but most people just don't have the mindset to not worry about their accounts everyday.

People also need to be realistic about their expectations in terms of profits to be made in relation to their starting capital - if a system can give you 200% gain in a year, while you can make $200K in a year from a $100K account, you will only be able make $4000 in a year from a $2000 account...
                        Last edited by ccjhuang; 11-09-2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

this is a very long one, my last long one for a while to come i guarantee.................................

weekly update :

this weeks update i firmly believe turned out to be a true masterpiece, i am not kidding.

i spend a lot of time and effort into drafting this weeks update.

i took great care trying to come up with a way to explain everything in the most simple and easiest to understand ways = plain english in how to find a truly successfull profitable strategy.
                          in addition to this weeks results, seen towards the end.

sure hope it was worth my time for you guys and maybe it gets printed out and read over and over, i firmly believe you will learn the most in a long time by reading the below :

paypal donations accepted at link below, just joking

so latest news from my side and a little education thrown in as well :

as some of you probably read i was super super excited to enter the trader competition here on simpletrader.
                          only to find out, that the trading competitions rules nobody could understand, including myself, they were simply archaic.

needless to say i withdrew my application right away.

so moving on,

for the evaluation of any traders potential, meaning providing profitable results, or analysing a signal to subscribe to, as well as evaluating whatever pamm, or investmend fund, or ea (robot), one simply has to look primarely only at one single set of numbers, yes thats all whats needed.

monthly gains achieved in % , and the dd in % = (pain endured along the way) to get there.

yes pain,

because its very painfull to watch looking at your account and seeing either your equity slowly evaporate or seeing your equity well below the balance. after all only your equity buys your groceries.

so the ratio here is the key........................................no more no less

its just as simple as that. there simply isn't some wizzbang formula needed at all, its as simple as can be, meaning the monthly gain divided by dd is what counts.

even the total gains achieved are irrelevant and even more importantly dont get blinded by them or even worse yet loose all your senses. ala dreaming about ordering that new ferrari after a week of joining whatever signal, see warning at the bottom.

meaning higher gains only means higher risk was employed. but the ratio as seen in the above formula will always equate to the profits you actually can make.

please see attachment at the bottom of this post for finding the stated numbers above.

then of course there is a few more factors to consider,

total account duration, the longer its lifespan equals more trust of course as well as a number of other details.

but one big one to watch out for and worth mentioning is the updating frequency of myfxbook. many, especially grid traders, countertrend or even worse yet marti strategies hide their true running dd often by delaying or simply stopping the update, in order to hide whatever massive dd encountered. it will simply never show up in statistics later, as long the account somehow magically managed to survive.

but clearly the most important rule is applying the simple stated formula i gave above for evaluating the profit potential and then decide for yourself wisely, before jumping on whatever signal or investing in whatever investment fund.

please look around at some of the most popular providers you can find here on simpletrader and simply apply my above stated formula and decide what is the most intelligent choice for yourself.

but also try staying away from systems which show a wonderful looking smooth equity curve, and even when my formula above pencils out well for said system. it can still very well be that the total gains achieved in its lifetime are very meager. so this is actually also something to watch for, that the underlying system actually is capable of producing reasonable profits.

but if you still insist and so choose and simply want to throw your hard earned money out the window, martingale strategy comes to mind, please tell me which window i need to watch

in summary,

so just for kicks try finding a signal where the monthly gains are larger then the monthly dd values, good luck in your hunt.

most all my accounts will do that easily, see all of them in link below my signature.

a few currently several times above 1 and any system which can produce above 1 sure deserves everybody attention, including mine even when it is a competitor i will take a good hard look myself.

my challenger account currently shows 9.01 which is bound to go lower since it just had a good run and is a very new account, i named it challenger for a reason, please keep watching it evolve.

and again i want to emphasize once more very important fact regards all my systems.

none are martingale, or grid of any kind, also no counter strategy will ever be used, the underlying principle always being the trend is your friend. and most importantly all my key strategies never have any positions open over the weekend and there is a very important reason for that.

and in addition, all of this is achieved with the least amount of underlying risk, always smallest lots used to reach whatever underlying strategy calls for. so dont expect to make a lot in broker rebattes

but i also want to point out this is not a money printing machine, trading needs to be seen as a long term endevour. there will be dd periods along the way. so far ever since going live with impulse we were lucky as heck to only have made headway, but sitting at the current equity highs always makes me a bit nervous.

so do not ever run above risk 1, you have been WARNED.

this btw applies to whatever signal you subscribe, please see trading as a long term endevour. there is simply no short cut, or you be the one crying.

by my conservative calculations, this impulse signal as it is currently being run and markets permitting will yield in excess of approx 150% in capital gains a year, try getting that from your local bank

and back one more time regards my warning to not run above risk 1,

if my or any other strategy of a competitors signal fails for whatever reason, you simply cannot afford to give all your profits back, which can happen very very fast, if running a higher risk multiplier then the signal master,

you now have been WARNED A SECOND TIME.

but rest assured i will keep a very close watch on the markets going forward, my well over 10 vps running 5 platforms each supply me with boatloads of data to analyse every weekend.

so looking very much forward ending this month of november with hopefully good results again. i see major events coming up which should yield good results for this month of november.

also impulse the core strategy did historically very well over the holidays in december.

but there will be very important things to watch out for, which will be announced well ahead of time.

results this week on impulse : 195 green pips, subscribers most likely above my results,

please post them but only in pips or percentage gained, or both, no $$ numbers please.

the impulse master btw broke through 1000% total gains achieved this week and this from may 24 of this year to now, that account started with 15k.

one final note regards email i send to all :

my issue regards alarms has been heard and is being forwarded to the developers and hopefully addressed soon.

another suggestion i forwarded to the higher ups is showing total sub numbers for each signal in the marketplace to be clearly seen.

this in turn helps finding a good provider much easier, its fully transparent that way also.

in addition this entices all providers to strive to reach their full potential, its a competition essentially since my goal is to become number 1.

oh and today a very helpful member of simpletraders support stuff, arturo, just told me about a mail forwarding feature built into gmail which fixes the issue for me. and i am sure a little bummed since he is obviously smarter then me

but i am gratefull to no end that i will have my quality sleep back, thanks to arturo.

if you have ever any issues with the underlying technology of simpletrader, dont hesitate to contact them, their support is the best there is.

so in hopes for another successfull trading week coming up for us all,

cheers

reiner
                          Attached Files

Comment

weekly update :

this weeks update i firmly believe turned out to be a true masterpiece, i am not kidding.

i took great care trying to come up with a way to explain everything in the most simple and easiest to understand ways = plain english in how to find a truly successfull profitable strategy.

sure hope it was worth my time for you guys and maybe it gets printed out and read over and over, i firmly believe you will learn the most in a long time by reading the below :

as some of you probably read i was super super excited to enter the trader competition here on simpletrader. i have seen posts by nick searching for talent, and so i thought i will give it a whirl with my manual strategy.

only to find out, that the trading competitions rules noboby could understand, including myself, they were simply archaic.

so moving on,

for the evaluation of any traders potential, meaning providing profitable results, or analysing a signal to subscribe to, as well as evaluating whatever pamm, or investment fund, or ea (robot), one simply has to look primarely only at one single set of numbers, yes thats all whats needed.

monthly gains achieved in % , and the dd in % = (pain endured along the way) to get there.

yes pain,

because its very painfull to watch looking at your account and seeing either your equity slowly evaporate or seeing your equity well below the balance. after all only your equity buys your groceries.

so the ratio here is the key........................................no more no less

its just as simple as that. there simply isnt some wizzbang formula needed at all, its as simple as can be, meaning the monthly gain divided by dd is what counts.

even the total gains achieved are irrelevant and even more importantly dont get blinded by them or even worse yet loose all your senses. ala dreaming about ordering that new ferrari after a week of joining whatever signal, see warning at the bottom.

meaning higher gains only means higher risk was employed. but the ratio as seen in the above formula will always equate to the profits you actually can make.

please see attachment below.

then of course there is a few more factors to consider, total account duration, the longer its lifespan equals more trust of course as well as a number of other details.

but one big one to watch out for and worth mentioning is the updating frequency of myfxbook. many, especially grid traders, countertrend or even worse yet marti strategies hide their true running dd often by delaying or simply stopping the update, in order to hide whatever massive dd encountered. it will simply never show up in statistics later, as long the account somehow magically managed to survive.

but clearly the most important rule is applying the simple stated formula i gave above for evaluating the profit potential and then decide for yourself wisely, before jumping on whatever signal or investing in whatever investment fund.

please look around at some of the most popular providers you can find here on simpletrader and simply apply my above stated formula and decide what is the most intelligent choice for yourself.

but also try staying away from systems which show a wonderfull looking smooth equity curve, and even when my formula above pencils out well for said system. it can still very well be that the total gains achieved in its lifetime are very meager. so this is actually also something to watch for, that the underlying system actually is capable of producing reasonable profits.

but if you still insist and so choose and simply want to throw your hard earned money out the window, martingale strategy comes to mind, please tell me which window i need to watch

in summary,

so just for kicks try finding a signal where the monthly gains are larger then the monthly dd values, good luck in your hunt.

most all my accounts will do that easily, see all of them in link below my signature. a few currrently several times above 1 and any system which can produce above 1 sure deserves everybodys attention, including mine even when it is a competitor i will take a good hard look myself.

my challenger account currently shows 9.01 which is bound to go lower since it just had a good run and is a very new account, i named it challenger for a reason, please keep watching it evolve.

and again i want to emphasise once more very important fact regards all my systems:

none are martingale, or grid of any kind, also no counter strategy will ever be used, the underlying principle always being the trend is your friend. and most importantly all my key strategies never have any positions open over the weekend and there is a very important reason for that.

and in addition, all of this is achieved with the least amount of underlying risk, always smallest lots used to reach whatever underlying strategy calls for. so dont expect to make a lot in broker rebattes

but i also want to point out this is not a money printing machine, trading needs to be seen as a long term endevour. there will be dd periods along the way. so far ever since going live with impulse we were lucky as heck to only have made headway, but sitting at the current equity highs always makes me a bit nervous.

this btw applies to whatever signal you subscribe, please see trading as a long term endevour. there is simply no short cut, or you be the one crying.

by my conservative calculations, this impulse signal as it is currently being run and markets permitting will yield in excess of approx 150% in capital gains a year, try getting that from your local bank

if my or any other strategy of a competitors signal fails for whatever reason, you simply cannot afford to give all your profits back, which can happen very very fast, if running a higher risk multiplier then the signal master,

but rest assured i will keep a very close watch on the markets going forward, my well over 10 vps running 5 platforms each supply me with boatloads of data to analyse every weekend.

so looking very much forward ending this month of november with hopefully good results again. i see major events coming up which should yield good results for this month of november.

also impulse the core strategy did historically very well over the holidays in december.

but there will be things to watch out for, which will be announced well ahead of time.

results this week on impulse : 195 green pips, subscribers most likely above my results,

please post them but only in pips or percentage gained, or both, no $$ numbers please.

the impulse master btw broke through 1000% total gains achieved this week and this from may 24 of this year to now, that account started with 15k.

my issue regards alarms has been heard and is being forwarded to the developers and hopefully adressed soon.

another suggestion i forwarded to the higher ups is showing total sub numbers for each signal in the marketplace to be clearly seen.
                            this in turn helps finding a good provider much easier, its fully transparent that way also.

in addition this entices all providers to strive to reach their full potential, its a competition essentially since my goal is to become number 1.

oh and today a very helpfull member of simpletraders support stuff, arturo, just told me about a mail forwarding feature built into gmail which fixes the issue for me. and i am sure a little bummed since he is obviously smarter then me

but i am gratefull to no end that i will have my quality sleep back, thanks to arturo.

if you have ever any issues with the underlying technology of simpletrader, dont hesitate to contact them, their support is the best there is.

so hoping for another successfull trading week for all of us,

cheers,

reiner
                            Attached Files

Comment

this is currently my best account = challenger, it has currently a factor of over 9 showing, which is bound to go down. it just had a good run and most certainly is not sustainable. challenger currently at 9.PNG

Comment

weekly update :

as some of you probably read i was super super excited to enter the trader competition here on simpletrader. i have seen posts by nick searching for talent, and so i thought i will give it a whirl with my manual strategy.

only to find out, that the trading competitions rules noboby could understand, including myself, they were simply archaic.

so moving on,

for the evaluation of any traders potential, meaning providing profitable results, or analysing a signal to subscribe to, as well as evaluating whatever pamm, or investment fund, or ea (robot), one simply has to look primarely only at one single set of numbers, yes thats all whats needed.

yes pain,

its just as simple as that. there simply isnt some wizzbang formula needed at all, its as simple as can be, meaning the monthly gain divided by dd is what counts.

please see attachment below.

then of course there is a few more factors to consider, total account duration, the longer its lifespan equals more trust of course as well as a number of other details.

but also try staying away from systems which show a wonderfull looking smooth equity curve, and even when my formula above pencils out well for said system. it can still very well be that the total gains achieved in its lifetime are very meager. so this is actually also something to watch for, that the underlying system actually is capable of producing reasonable profits.

in summary,

most all my accounts will do that easily, see all of them in link below my signature. a few currrently several times above 1 and any system which can produce above 1 sure deserves everybodys attention, including mine even when it is a competitor i will take a good hard look myself.

and again i want to emphasise once more very important fact regards all my systems:

but there will be things to watch out for, which will be announced well ahead of time.

my issue regards alarms has been heard and is being forwarded to the developers and hopefully adressed soon.

oh and today a very helpfull member of simpletraders support stuff, arturo, just told me about a mail forwarding feature built into gmail which fixes the issue for me. and i am sure a little bummed since he is obviously smarter then me

so hoping for another successfull trading week for all of us,

cheers,

reiner
                                Hi reinerh,

Thanks a lot for the update. It's very insightful.

Just wanted to confirm about the monthly gain vs DD of the formula in myfxbook, is the DD a monthly DD or a max. DD during the live of the account?

If you refer to the Calmar ratio definition from investopedia here: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/calmarratio.asp

"The Calmar ratio is a comparison of the average annual compounded rate of return and the maximum drawdown risk of commodity trading advisors and hedge funds. The lower the Calmar Ratio, the worse the investment performed on a risk-adjusted basis over the specified time period; the higher the Calmar Ratio, the better it performed. Generally speaking, the time period used is three years, but this can be higher or lower based on the investment in question."

Does it mean the formula should be calculated as annual gain vs max.DD, not monthly gain vs max.DD?

Thanks.
                                Last edited by yshin; 11-11-2017, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X