Impulse Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mate

Been looking at your trading, very impressive, well done. Just a quick question, why is the Track record not verified of your Impulse Master account in myfxbook, and also, what broker were you using, as I see the broker is specified as "Other (MT4)".

Looking at your Impulse Signal account, which is verified, if you run it from the start date (8th of March 2017), your ABS Gain is 21.42% with a 12.57% DD. Also, I see in September, you had a 8.4% DD, and the month ended with a 24% gain. Would be good to see your trading history, so that one can ensure there is no martingale, or other strategies you implemented to turn that 8.4% DD into a big profit month.

It would be great to know why your original account is not verified, as to be honest, without verification, and an unknown broker, it does not inspire much confidence.

Thanks,

C.

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post
      weekly update :

this weeks update i firmly believe turned out to be a true masterpiece, i am not kidding.

i spend a lot of time and effort into drafting this weeks update.

i took great care trying to come up with a way to explain everything in the most simple and easiest to understand ways = plain english in how to find a truly successfull profitable strategy.
      in addition to this weeks results, seen towards the end.

sure hope it was worth my time for you guys and maybe it gets printed out and read over and over, i firmly believe you will learn the most in a long time by reading the below :

paypal donations accepted at link below, just joking

so latest news from my side and a little education thrown in as well :

as some of you probably read i was super super excited to enter the trader competition here on simpletrader. i have seen posts by nick searching for talent, and so i thought i will give it a whirl with my manual strategy.

only to find out, that the trading competitions rules noboby could understand, including myself, they were simply archaic.

needless to say i withdrew my application right away.

so moving on,

for the evaluation of any traders potential, meaning providing profitable results, or analysing a signal to subscribe to, as well as evaluating whatever pamm, or investment fund, or ea (robot), one simply has to look primarely only at one single set of numbers, yes thats all whats needed.

monthly gains achieved in % , and the dd in % = (pain endured along the way) to get there.

yes pain,

because its very painfull to watch looking at your account and seeing either your equity slowly evaporate or seeing your equity well below the balance. after all only your equity buys your groceries.

so the ratio here is the key........................................no more no less

its just as simple as that. there simply isnt some wizzbang formula needed at all, its as simple as can be, meaning the monthly gain divided by dd is what counts.

even the total gains achieved are irrelevant and even more importantly dont get blinded by them or even worse yet loose all your senses. ala dreaming about ordering that new ferrari after a week of joining whatever signal, see warning at the bottom.

meaning higher gains only means higher risk was employed. but the ratio as seen in the above formula will always equate to the profits you actually can make.

please see attachment below.

then of course there is a few more factors to consider, total account duration, the longer its lifespan equals more trust of course as well as a number of other details.

but one big one to watch out for and worth mentioning is the updating frequency of myfxbook. many, especially grid traders, countertrend or even worse yet marti strategies hide their true running dd often by delaying or simply stopping the update, in order to hide whatever massive dd encountered. it will simply never show up in statistics later, as long the account somehow magically managed to survive.

but clearly the most important rule is applying the simple stated formula i gave above for evaluating the profit potential and then decide for yourself wisely, before jumping on whatever signal or investing in whatever investment fund.

please look around at some of the most popular providers you can find here on simpletrader and simply apply my above stated formula and decide what is the most intelligent choice for yourself.

but also try staying away from systems which show a wonderfull looking smooth equity curve, and even when my formula above pencils out well for said system. it can still very well be that the total gains achieved in its lifetime are very meager. so this is actually also something to watch for, that the underlying system actually is capable of producing reasonable profits.

but if you still insist and so choose and simply want to throw your hard earned money out the window, martingale strategy comes to mind, please tell me which window i need to watch

in summary,

so just for kicks try finding a signal where the monthly gains are larger then the monthly dd values, good luck in your hunt.

most all my accounts will do that easily, see all of them in link below my signature. a few currrently several times above 1 and any system which can produce above 1 sure deserves everybodys attention, including mine even when it is a competitor i will take a good hard look myself.

my challenger account currently shows 9.01 which is bound to go lower since it just had a good run and is a very new account, i named it challenger for a reason, please keep watching it evolve.

and again i want to emphasise once more very important fact regards all my systems:

none are martingale, or grid of any kind, also no counter strategy will ever be used, the underlying principle always being the trend is your friend. and most importantly all my key strategies never have any positions open over the weekend and there is a very important reason for that.

and in addition, all of this is achieved with the least amount of underlying risk, always smallest lots used to reach whatever underlying strategy calls for. so dont expect to make a lot in broker rebattes

but i also want to point out this is not a money printing machine, trading needs to be seen as a long term endevour. there will be dd periods along the way. so far ever since going live with impulse we were lucky as heck to only have made headway, but sitting at the current equity highs always makes me a bit nervous.

so do not ever run above risk 1, you have been WARNED.

this btw applies to whatever signal you subscribe, please see trading as a long term endevour. there is simply no short cut, or you be the one crying.

by my conservative calculations, this impulse signal as it is currently being run and markets permitting will yield in excess of approx 150% in capital gains a year, try getting that from your local bank

and back one more time regards my warning to not run above risk 1,

if my or any other strategy of a competitors signal fails for whatever reason, you simply cannot afford to give all your profits back, which can happen very very fast, if running a higher risk multiplier then the signal master,

you now have been WARNED A SECOND TIME.

but rest assured i will keep a very close watch on the markets going forward, my well over 10 vps running 5 platforms each supply me with boatloads of data to analyse every weekend.

so looking very much forward ending this month of november with hopefully good results again. i see major events coming up which should yield good results for this month of november.

also impulse the core strategy did historically very well over the holidays in december.

but there will be things to watch out for, which will be announced well ahead of time.

results this week on impulse : 195 green pips, subscribers most likely above my results,

please post them but only in pips or percentage gained, or both, no $$ numbers please.

the impulse master btw broke through 1000% total gains achieved this week and this from may 24 of this year to now, that account started with 15k.

one final note regards email i send to all :

my issue regards alarms has been heard and is being forwarded to the developers and hopefully adressed soon.

another suggestion i forwarded to the higher ups is showing total sub numbers for each signal in the marketplace to be clearly seen.
      this in turn helps finding a good provider much easier, its fully transparent that way also.

in addition this entices all providers to strive to reach their full potential, its a competition essentially since my goal is to become number 1.

oh and today a very helpfull member of simpletraders support stuff, arturo, just told me about a mail forwarding feature built into gmail which fixes the issue for me. and i am sure a little bummed since he is obviously smarter then me

but i am gratefull to no end that i will have my quality sleep back, thanks to arturo.

if you have ever any issues with the underlying technology of simpletrader, dont hesitate to contact them, their support is the best there is.

so hoping for another successfull trading week for all of us,

cheers,

reiner
      Thank you for the update Reiner. But there are few questions still open.

You told us that you dont use any martingale or grid techniques and DD should not happen overnight or fast. Please clarify this more. Does that mean you cut losses and accept a losing trade or does that mean you wait until the trade reverse and go in profit? I ask, because you dont use any SL, and because of you are a fan of Thales and Finbou, maybe you are using a max risk level per event like they're doing.

So this is easier to calculate the risk with you, even if you advise to do not overrisk your signals.

Then the still open things about the different between signal account and master account. You told us that the master is 1.5 riskier than the signal account. But there are more differences than only the gains and DD. I have just compared the last 2 months from September and October to keep it short.

Impulse Signal stats for September:
      105 trades 2095 pips, PF 2.37, 24% profits and 4% DD.

Compared to the Master stats for September:
      117 trades, 1597 pips, PF 2.21, 52% profits and 18% DD.

Impulse Signal stats for October:
      100 trades, -76 pips, PF 1.42, 2,5% profits and 8% DD

Compared to the Master stats for October;
      133 trades, -61 trades, PF 1.56, 12% profits and 12% DD.

So as we can see there are more differences than the risk. There must be some other trades or different approach in trade closing. Even if the adjust the Signal risk to 1.5 we do not get the results of the master account. Please be more detailed in the differences and dont say that they are the same, because the results are different, this is no good communication to your customers, and you're trying so hard to be differnt and be serious to all of us.

You're doing great so far and your service is looking very promising, but you dont answer to our questions reiner. Be fair and honest to us, and we weill be loyal and trust you.

Dave123

Comment

Originally posted by Drcdp View Post
        Hey Mate

Been looking at your trading, very impressive, well done. Just a quick question, why is the Track record not verified of your Impulse Master account in myfxbook, and also, what broker were you using, as I see the broker is specified as "Other (MT4)".

Looking at your Impulse Signal account, which is verified, if you run it from the start date (8th of March 2017), your ABS Gain is 21.42% with a 12.57% DD. Also, I see in September, you had a 8.4% DD, and the month ended with a 24% gain. Would be good to see your trading history, so that one can ensure there is no martingale, or other strategies you implemented to turn that 8.4% DD into a big profit month.

It would be great to know why your original account is not verified, as to be honest, without verification, and an unknown broker, it does not inspire much confidence.

Thanks,

C.
        To compare the trades you can see them in the history of Signalstart or Simpletrader !!!
        There you can see that there is no martingale used. Very good results of trending pounds and crosses. The losses are compensated by a big number of double or triple wins in this month.
        This is the very good thing of reiners signals, the profits are mostly double of the losses minimum. But the most important is that there is no SL in system and the risk per event or week or something else to calculate the risk. Reiner is doing great but more information and better to have trust in this markets.

Dave123

Comment

Hey Mate

Thanks,

C.
          yishin,

calmar never heard, my formula is easy to understand, never needed to look at anything else.

dcrp,

master can be crossed over to the fully verified one from the day it was copied. all tradehistory can be seen in your trade panel and evaluated on signal account. you can see at trade sizing that its not marty grid or anything. the curves should match pretty close but certainly not be identical due to minor variations in strategies run and a much reduced risk on the signal.

thats why it will be simplyfied next year, i am not going through this again since i simply cant tell you guys exactly how its run, its a hybrid.

for anybody being skeptical, please run it on a demo for a week or 2 before taking it live.

also its come to my attention that the risk factor is not adjusted correctly with simpletrader, my account is euro, so please calculate it out to whatever your base currency is...................

Comment

Originally posted by Dave123 View Post

To compare the trades you can see them in the history of Signalstart or Simpletrader !!!
            There you can see that there is no martingale used. Very good results of trending pounds and crosses. The losses are compensated by a big number of double or triple wins in this month.
            This is the very good thing of reiners signals, the profits are mostly double of the losses minimum. But the most important is that there is no SL in system and the risk per event or week or something else to calculate the risk. Reiner is doing great but more information and better to have trust in this markets.

Dave123
            Thanks Mate, I will take a look in Signalstart. Would be still good to know what broker his master account uses, and why it is not verified.

Also, "you say the profits are mostly double the losses minimum", however, if you take a look at his Impulse signal account, from the start, which is the 8th of March, you will see that ONLY the month of July and September, have a higher Win to DD ratio, every single other month, including March, April, May, June, August and October, has a HIGHER DD to Win ratio percentage.

If Reiner, can't verify his Impulse master account, well then those results to me are irrelevant, and I can only go on what is verified in the Impulse signal account, which as described above, only gives you a positive DD to gain ratio, for two out of the 8 completed months.

C.
            Last edited by Drcdp; 11-11-2017, 01:16 AM.

Comment

yishin,

calmar never heard, my formula is easy to understand, never needed to look at anything else.

dcrp,

master can be crossed over to the fully verified one from the day it was copied. all tradehistory can be seen in your trade panel and evaluated on signal account. you can see at trade sizing that its not marty grid or anything. the curves should match pretty close but certainly not be identical due to minor variations in strategies run and a much reduced risk on the signal.

thats why it will be simplyfied next year, i am not going through this again since i simply cant tell you guys exactly how its run, its a hybrid.

for anybody being skeptical, please run it on a demo for a week or 2 before taking it live.

also its come to my attention that the risk factor is not adjusted correctly with simpletrader, my account is euro, so please calculate it out to whatever your base currency is...................
              Honestly, you are not answering my question mate. Could you please advise why your Master Impulse account is not verified? Also, what broker were you using.

Regarding your Impulse signal account, you can refer to my reply to Dave123 as per above.

Comment

dave 123,

you still have not read all i wrote about my current accounts. so here once more..................

my news trading account is traded ala thales, and its a failure so far. my master rakes it in, while it does not copy. these trades are NOT on impulse. account is called newstrading.

also for the oompteenth time, impulse is not marty or grid, none of my strategies are. its clear as clear can be seen in the description, i have no clue how i can make it any clearer.

please try it on demo to see if it suits you, if not please find some better signal.

green pips to you.

Comment

I think it was explained previously that the signal account only started running the Impulse strategy in July...

Thanks Mate, I will take a look in Signalstart. Would be still good to know what broker his master account uses, and why it is not verified.

Also, "you say the profits are mostly double the losses minimum", however, if you take a look at his Impulse signal account, from the start, which is the 8th of March, you will see that ONLY the month of July and September, have a higher Win to DD ratio, every single other month, including March, April, May, June, August and October, has a HIGHER DD to Win ratio percentage.

If Reiner, can't verify his Impulse master account, well then those results to me are irrelevant, and I can only go on what is verified in the Impulse signal account, which as described above, only gives you a positive DD to gain ratio, for two out of the 8 completed months.

C.

Comment

Reiner has explained somewhere previously that the Master and Signal accounts run different pairs, not just different risks. The unprofitable pairs are not used in the Signal account. Hence the discrepancy.

(Reiner - please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Originally posted by Dave123 View Post

Thank you for the update Reiner. But there are few questions still open.

You told us that you dont use any martingale or grid techniques and DD should not happen overnight or fast. Please clarify this more. Does that mean you cut losses and accept a losing trade or does that mean you wait until the trade reverse and go in profit? I ask, because you dont use any SL, and because of you are a fan of Thales and Finbou, maybe you are using a max risk level per event like they're doing.

So this is easier to calculate the risk with you, even if you advise to do not overrisk your signals.

Then the still open things about the different between signal account and master account. You told us that the master is 1.5 riskier than the signal account. But there are more differences than only the gains and DD. I have just compared the last 2 months from September and October to keep it short.

Impulse Signal stats for September:
                    105 trades 2095 pips, PF 2.37, 24% profits and 4% DD.

Compared to the Master stats for September:
                    117 trades, 1597 pips, PF 2.21, 52% profits and 18% DD.

Impulse Signal stats for October:
                    100 trades, -76 pips, PF 1.42, 2,5% profits and 8% DD

Compared to the Master stats for October;
                    133 trades, -61 trades, PF 1.56, 12% profits and 12% DD.

So as we can see there are more differences than the risk. There must be some other trades or different approach in trade closing. Even if the adjust the Signal risk to 1.5 we do not get the results of the master account. Please be more detailed in the differences and dont say that they are the same, because the results are different, this is no good communication to your customers, and you're trying so hard to be differnt and be serious to all of us.

You're doing great so far and your service is looking very promising, but you dont answer to our questions reiner. Be fair and honest to us, and we weill be loyal and trust you.

Dave123

Comment

Originally posted by withnail View Post
                      I think it was explained previously that the signal account only started running the Impulse strategy in July...

Yeah possibly, the main question I have is regarding the master impulse account. Still waiting for a reply, otherwise, can you really trust the master Impulse account, with no broker specified and no verified trading history?

Comment

so i just had a flash of lightning,

i already have quite a large number of subs here from simpletrader, even including an employee from simpletrader as well as a professional system evaluator.

so rest assured if i run a martingale or grid or whatever, these subscribers will soon raise hell with me here in public if this is indeed the case.

so one more last time, there is no marti, grid, counter, everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. on any of my accounts..........................

so please anybody who is not a sub yet, sit back and relax and wait till feedback is posted from some of my actuall subs.

i am simply getting very tired of explaining the same over and over, when none of you believe me, but this is fine i accept that my skin has gotten thicker but the thought has already crossed my mind to quit offering signals. i make my living with my large accounts and some private investors i take care of, and quite honestly dont need these additional headaches.

there is one more option you might search for the other forum i frequent, i dont want to name it here since its not fair to simpletrader, but it can easily be found = google is your friend.

so please wait till my actuall subs speak and you guys can ask them directly, since my words are obviously meaningless.

Comment

so i just had a flash of lightning,

i already have quite a large number of subs here from simpletrader, even including an employee from simpletrader as well as a professional system evaluator.

so rest assured if i run a martingale or grid or whatever, these subscribers will soon raise hell with me here in public if this is indeed the case.

so one more last time, there is no marti, grid, counter, everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. on any of my accounts..........................

so please anybody who is not a sub yet, sit back and relax and wait till feedback is posted from some of my actuall subs.

i am simply getting very tired of explaining the same over and over, when none of you believe me, but this is fine i accept that my skin has gotten thicker but the thought has already crossed my mind to quit offering signals. i make my living with my large accounts and some private investors i take care of, and quite honestly dont need these additional headaches.

there is one more option you might search for the other forum i frequent, i dont want to name it here since its not fair to simpletrader, but it can easily be found = google is your friend.

so please wait till my actuall subs speak and you guys can ask them directly, since my words are obviously meaningless.

I have no idea why you are ranting, my question is such a simple one, why is your Master Impulse account not verified, and why is the broker not specified?? Surely if you want people to take you seriously, and judge you on your past results, then they should be verified??? I hate to say it, but this is all starting to smell quite fishy....

Comment

Originally posted by withnail View Post
                            Reiner has explained somewhere previously that the Master and Signal accounts run different pairs, not just different risks. The unprofitable pairs are not used in the Signal account. Hence the discrepancy.

(Reiner - please correct me if I'm wrong!)

correct, the impulse signal account is run the best i have ever assembled, and it still keeps changing evolving getting better as i collect more forward data from my manual strategy.

impulse in its current form is a hybrid, just as the pamm is going to be where i can trade away to my hearts content.

i also started a strict ea traded account, impulse 2 i think i called it. it will be plain jane, only one strategy period. i am just tired of explaing myself over and over, next year there will be massive changes.

and again please wait till people post results and hang tight.....................................

Comment

I have no idea why you are ranting, my question is such a simple one, why is your Master Impulse account not verified, and why is the broker not specified?? Surely if you want people to take you seriously, and judge you on your past results, then they should be verified??? I hate to say it, but this is all starting to smell quite fishy....
                              please look at the signal account its fully verified and same dates can be cross matched for results to the non verified one, and rest assured the results match very close with the signal being the better of the 2.

so please look in your dashboard = my trade history is there for all to see.

Comment

please look at the signal account its fully verified and same dates can be cross matched for results to the non verified one, and rest assured the results match very close with the signal being the better of the 2.

so please look in your dashboard = my trade history is there for all to see.
                                Dude, you starting to sound like a politician. Why can't you answer my simple question......?

Anyways, you clearly can't or do not want to answer the question. So, based on that, I am going to have to call bullshit on this one.

Good luck to your subscribers.

Comment

Working...
                                X