Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OutsideTheBoxHK
    replied
    unless the strategies also employ study of the MFA/MAE chart that myfxbook supplies and implement a Stop Loss either at a fixed percentage or at a Nominal Pip Value for where a very high percentage of the trades do not return to profit. For both these strategies I looked at the chart and it would be around 150 to 175 pips Adverse Excursion to cut an individual trade. And as for a basket of trades, or total open exposure, it should be probably 15 to 20% from High Water Mark.

Leave a comment:

• ccjhuang
    replied
    Yeah sadly this is just typical of all the close-small-profits-and-let-large-losses-run systems out there. They may do fine for a while when the market is quiet, but with the recent increased volatility in the market I am sure a lot more systems similar to this will suffer.

Leave a comment:

• Amadorian
    replied
    Here we can now see the evolution of a hope and pray grid system:

30%dd for a monthly profit of 1,5%.

And the forward testing account, on which the strategy for the master account is/was tested, already breached the 40% dd limit, currently being at 60%dd.

I warned about the risk quite some time ago...

Leave a comment:

• Roughead1
    replied
    Hello everyone, i want to share a mind blowing strategy and 100% signal strength that will encourage you to do more in terms of crypto currency investment and binary option breaking codes to earn 98% of your investment without losing dime. I earn $ 29,850 within 4_5 days with just only minimum investment of $2,500. I can as well help you go for your lost investment and recover them all back if you have lost your investment ( HARD EARN MONEY ) from $6000 and above to any trader or brokers company and you feel you have been ripped off and you don't know how to go for the recovery. Kindly contact me on my Whatsapp ( +12675713978 ), Email: ( braschadolf2014@gmail.com ) Skype: ( brasch.adolf2 ) Be serious cause i will make you successful .

Leave a comment:

• Amadorian
    replied
    Not yet, but the new drawdown rules will definitely kill it.

Leave a comment:

• whey
    replied
    oh tirak, it is looks like blow up naka

Leave a comment:

• Amadorian
    replied
    Auto-close at 40%dd while your account already had a 48% dd? Doesnt't make much sense to me.

Instead of increasing the dd limit, why don't you just use a smaller lot size? o.O

40% dd is pure hold an pray.
    Last edited by Amadorian; 02-11-2019, 09:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• minkw
    replied
    Hi All,

Hope your all well and that the new year is going well,

First I would like to admit that my trading has been terrible as of the last several months and for this I apologise, markets are constantly changing and strategies need to be adjusted and tweaked to meet new parameters, I noticed this about 6 months ago, so for the last 5 months I have been live forward testing a small account and its doing well.

The new strategy is still somewhat a range based system, however with a higher TP and a larger auto SL in place but will trade multiple pairs, being aud/cad, aud/nzd, eur/cad, nzd/cad, nzd/usd, yes are crosses and collerated but are used as a synthetic hedges, I have decided on 40% max dd auto SL on the master, while this is unlikely it does give us more room to recover, the live forward testing over the last several accounts can be found below:

While its unconventional to have such a wide auto SL in place, after backtesting multiple times all of the hits we took we would have recovered from, we had the aud crash beginning of Jan and the master was stopped out, however the BlueBerry accounted recovered well, Ive pretty much come to the conclusion that in order for fx to be profitable more risk needs to be put on the table, as prior as you know I had an auto SL that ranged between 4-6%, the allocation path is stagnant and will be running those accounts with the new strategy but based on fixed lot pip based.

The new strategy has been implemented immediately across the board and expected return is between 6-7% per month, subs are recommended to follow risk based on balance.

Kind Regards,

Satang FX / mink

Leave a comment:

• reinerh
    replied
    hi mink,

glad to hear you are adapting as well. one can never just sit around and hope, the key is when to put on the brakes if things go south.

yes i am doing just dandy, 2017 treated me very well, but 2018 was a bust, was down close to 15% overall on my accounts. but have since come up with a better way.

so keep at it i am convinced you can adapt as well.

green pips to you.

Leave a comment:

• minkw
    replied
    Hi reinerh, hope your well, thanks for the advice, I've actually been working on a new strategy over the last 5 months, and its doing well, averaging about 7-8% per month, live forward testing, however the dd has been a bit high it reached 47% at one stage however it's designed to be able to withstand major moves outside range, such as the recent aud crash, i plan to implement this across all accounts with clients consent by mid Feb, dont know what I'm going to do with the allocation funds as they have strict dd as they range from 4%-10% max dd, maybe I will just set them to pip only so fixed lot size, as its made 3325 pips over the last 5 months, I also agree the markets are definitely not the same as they were several years ago, we are seeing more unexpected volatility, and less expected volatility for example NFP/earnings used to be the big day of the month but these days while it still does move price, I personally find it a but of a fizzer,

All the best to you as well, and hope 2019 is a great your for you, cheers

Leave a comment:

• reinerh
    replied
    mink,

man i think you should reevaluate your strategy.

last year 2 of mine failed and i ended the year in a loss, have since come up with a new approach. one has to put on the brakes at some point, and adapt to fight another day.

most moves i see are very odd as of late, aud being an example, but eu is odd as well.

sure wish you all the best.

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    Originally posted by snir
    When the mods wake up, can you ban this guy please. This is nothing to do with MinkW's signal.

Leave a comment:

• minkw
    replied
    Hey all, yes we got stopped out on the master, from what I gather this was due to T Cooks bleak outlook on Apple in relation to China, as you know Australia does still heavily rely on the Chinese economy,

I have a few other accounts running the same strategy on multiple aud pairs and dd reached about 30% but then full recovery as they all got slipped resulting in better price,

Ive done a few back test on yesterdays spike however due to slippage the results are all different,

I even have an account that got filled at 1.01352 on the au nz with blueberry,! have attached a photo

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Drcdp
    replied
    wow, that is a heartbreaking start to the year. Good luck minkw.

Leave a comment:

• Amadorian
    replied
    Whoa, i must admit that i have no idea what caused this flash-crash on the aud pairs, and if the old 5% stop would've made much of a difference.
    But a similar move can be seen on 24. August 2015. How did your EA react that day on your backtests?

Anyway, not a great start this year, good luck on your recovery!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X