No announcement yet.

Satang FX Signal/MAM - minkw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any update on what the plan with these long aud?
    Feels like all the fundamentals are against you. Hoping to recover the losses from previously, didn't anticipate another draw down or loss

Comment

• Hi, yes this move is very interesting, we have not been at this price since August 2015, as long as we dont get stopped out we should now see some sideways movement, consolidation then we can catch it back on the way up

Comment

• You are now regularly having stop outs and the end of the year is near. So what's the plan going forward?

Comment

• Sorry guys, yes got stopped put again, it's very annoying, I will give the aud cad a break, and will enter once we see a full reversal, probably in a few weeks

Comment

• What I wanted to hear from you is what your plans are with the signal service. You had some plans and those involved stopping all other retail signals. I can't imagine much interest with this kind of performance to be honest so perhaps the plans changed? I need to know because I don't want to be a subscriber for a few more months only to be hit with another loss and cancellation of service come new year. It's better to cancel now in that case. If you plan to continue then I will consider staying aboard.

Comment

• Sadly this is the typical look of a "grid with fixed stop"-system.
              I'd be surprised if you get to new equity highs. But as allways, i wish you and your investors all the best

Comment

• Hi primi,

First thanks for being a sub, yes I did have plans on stopping the signal service by the end of the year, however due to the terrible performance as of late, I have not been able to secure additional funding via allocations,

The signal service will continue, also my apologies, the markets have been hard to read over the last few months

Comment

• 5,5% dd at the moment, will you close at 6%?

Comment

• I will let it get to 15% before auto close,
                    I've been running the same strategy for the last 7 months on another account with a 15% wcs and if I had let the master have a higher max dd, all of the past auto close would have been avoided, while I understand no one likes dd, the last losses could have been avoided/recovered, so will see how price plays out

Comment

• Originally posted by minkw View Post
                      I will let it get to 15% before auto close,
                      I've been running the same strategy for the last 7 months on another account with a 15% wcs and if I had let the master have a higher max dd, all of the past auto close would have been avoided, while I understand no one likes dd, the last losses could have been avoided/recovered, so will see how price plays out
                      can you add this other account to mfb?

Comment

• It's on myfxbook, but currently private, it's more of an analytical play account, I will let it run for at least a year before making it public, while it does generate about 10% per month, and another on 4 pairs generating 20% a month but dd was up to 37%

Comment

• Originally posted by minkw View Post
                          I will let it get to 15% before auto close,
                          Hey minkw I'm super glad you have done this type of research into the performance history of your strategy. I found this same phenomenon with my strategy about 1 year ago, and for this reason I have held for longer on some outlier trades (not as accurate on open strategy, as Darwinex has named it) and have seen them return to profitability and the technical and/or fundamental analysis that I had done in the setup for the trade plan. FX trading is very sensitive to time an timing, and the more we can analyze these aspects of time, the greater the likelihood that our profits will increase. Probability and Time. Two biggies.

Comment

• There is still a good chance it will hit 15% once in a while and then you will need a lot of time to recover from that... If you want to let it run for more pips than risk less on a trade and keep the low DD limit.

Comment

• Whoa, i must admit that i have no idea what caused this flash-crash on the aud pairs, and if the old 5% stop would've made much of a difference.
                              But a similar move can be seen on 24. August 2015. How did your EA react that day on your backtests?

Anyway, not a great start this year, good luck on your recovery!!

Comment

• wow, that is a heartbreaking start to the year. Good luck minkw.

Comment

Working...
                                X