Satang FX Signal/MAM - minkw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ales,

Thanks for your kind words, it just annoying as we have been treading water for over a month now, I was actually thinking the other day I would be relieved if price pushed though the stated 6%, as it would be good to put the basket to bed finally and move on, however currently price is moving in our favor!

update, tp in ea on the 3 pairs are as below

aud cad - 0.9771 (achievable)
    usd cad - 1.2732 (way off, but lets see with fomc tonight)
    aud nzd - 1.0950 (somewhat achievable)

sorry I dont have the ea execute tp/sl levels as this would be a nightmare for brokers as tp/sl levels are constantly changing every second as its monitoring and adjusting to balance, equity and margin across 3 pairs.

the rate hike is priced into the market hence the usd rally, but lets see what fomc delivers tonight

Best Regards,
    Last edited by minkw; 12-13-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

out of the aud cad, finally! omg

Comment

Hah !

Actually nothing really changed for me, I didn't have the AUDCAD basket - but still, great job minkw !

Comment

Originally posted by minkw View Post
          out of the aud cad, finally! omg
          Yay. Well done mate - nerves of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by minkw View Post
            Hi Ales,

Thanks for your kind words, it just annoying as we have been treading water for over a month now, I was actually thinking the other day I would be relieved if price pushed though the stated 6%, as it would be good to put the basket to bed finally and move on, however currently price is moving in our favor!
            Patience is the key, let things play out, it'll take time. Rather it take long than lose 6%, any day!

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, finally everything is moving in our favor, muskokaman, yes patients is the key, however enduring dd takes a toll on me mentally, im definitely going to have a few drinks tonight!

the aud cad was technically over extended and we just had to wait for the reversal, we were so close to break even on the 30th November, however a few hours later we got decimated with news.

im still going to play this to the upside, for the people who dont have the aud cad enabled you can enable this now if you wish, we have already booked some decent pips since the basket was closed. Westie and PontusLSE, while you may be kicking yourself as you know you would have gained a great deal of profit please understand its always better to take risk off,

the aud nzd was also recently closed with small profit, I did mention in an earlier post the close was at 1.0950, however due to the aud cad basket being closed the tp was changed in the ea to accommodate the change in balance and equity.

while dd now is minimal at 1.36% we are not out of the woods yet, the usd cad i expect to range over the next few sessions however exposure is minimal, on the daily we are still within range, so i expect eventually a move lower so we can exit this basket as well.

i have removed the hard stop on the aud cad and employed this on the usd cad instead, while unlikely the other pairs will push us beyond 6% it just for safe measures,

as we are now approaching xmas we will see some wild swings and low liquidity, ive always traded though this period as it can reap some good rewards, its up to you if you want to disable the pairs and then enable after the 5 jan, for the next 4 weeks i have lowered lot size and removed weak support/resistance levels to accommodate,

Best regards!!

Satang FX / minkw

Comment

Sure, it would have been a really nice profit, but it could also have turned the other way. As you said, its always good to take risk off

Well done so far!

Comment

Hi all, quick update,

tp for usd cad was 1.270!!!! we were literally within striking distance, hmm very annoying, seems the forex gods didn't want us out of this basket,anyway as predicted we should continue to see a move lower. we are only in just over 1%dd and this is manageable.

Best Regards,

Comment

Hi All,

This will probably by my last update for this year, that's unless for some reason we tank into dd(beyond 5%), will probably do a December review post in January.

First if all I would like to thank all my subscriber's this year, we had a tough period in November but where able to breakeven on the aud cad recently, so we are currently at equity highs!

I just also would like to advise as per one of my previous post I will increase the monthly subscription to usd 75 per month from next year, the 3 month option on not sure on pricing yet but I might just remove it, so if you wanted to jump on board the time is now, if you wanted to jump on board but don't want to trade over the silly season just don't attach the EA or disable all pairs on my signal until 5 Jan.

I will continue to trade over the upcoming weeks as I have always done this, the moves can be erratic but can potentially deliver great results, while the fundamentals and technicals get thrown out of the window it's more about how the market reacts to these big moves, we generally see a decent retracement so in the event we are in the wrong direction we should be able to book pips in both directions.

The lot sizes we will be sending should not affect us much, however more then usual slippage will be encountered, you may want to increase your slippage settings slightly, generally 3 pips being default is fine, but to set it to 4 or 5 might be a bit better for the next few weeks, as you can see from myfxbook average tp is about 20 pips, so a higher slippage setting should not be an issue.

Recently we have been able to book good pips on the aud cad and and aud nzd, the usd cad we are currently in a floating 2% dd, however the latest entry was spot on(forex santa was being nice!) so I predict we shouod be out of this basket sooner then expected.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas and all the best for the new year,

Best Regards,

Satang FX / minkw

Comment

Hi minkw,

I like your trading style and would like to subscribe to your signal on SimpleTrader. I see that you recommend starting with 4k at 1x risk. Is it possible to take the trades starting with a 2k account with .5 risk, or even a lower account balance? I am new to signals and this platform and I am just trying to understand the process. Thank you!

Comment

Hi efxtrade,

Sorry but I recommend you don't subscribe,

generally between 4-7k at 1 x risk is good

while you might want to subscribe with your allocated amount you would need to leverage your account, you will need to run your account at 3-4 x risk in order to recieve could corect lot sizes,

​​​​​​sorry as risk is important and I don't want to have any of my subs blow accounts due to over leverageing

Best Regards
                        Last edited by minkw; 12-22-2017, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I plan to get VPS sorted and invest within the amount you recommend. I hope we all have a great 2018!

Comment

Hi efxtrade, not a problem, also wishing you a merry xmas and all the best for the new year!

__

Quick update for subs, as you can see we are at .28% dd, so literally nothing. usd cad basket was closed with profit and all other positions are well placed, the latest usd cad trade was 1 pip from being closed!! anyway, wishing everyone a merry xmas and all the best for the new year.

Comment

Hi Guys,,My SatangFX signal has not been connected to the Master account for over 10 hrs.

Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

Wishing everyone a safe and fun Happy Holidays!!

Comment

Yes same here, for some reason I am unable to connect my master to IC, I think they might be doing maintenance, if it's still not connected by Sunday evening I will submit a critical support ticket

Comment

Working...
                                X