Satang FX Signal/MAM - minkw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

My friend i don t follow you but you are in my eye , one of the things that i want to see is this close when you say that will close.
    So you pass without fail, its hard close the orders but this 2.23% dd in the month is nothing and you will recover easy.
    Average just works with restricted rules, so if you keep up with this great rule of 5% dd and keep making profit like you do you will be great in this industry.
    Another good thing is that that you have great deal on the line, not a 3 k account.
    Keep up the great work!!

Comment

• Hi gbguimaraes Thanks for your kind words,

taking a loss is hard, no one likes to lose, however overtime losses are expected, while the loss is not much it emotionally affects me,

yes I expect to recover by the end of next month

Comment

• Such a unique community here. A trades loses 4% and and in response gets 100% positive replies from his clients. Great to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by corni View Post
          Such a unique community here. A trades loses 4% and and in response gets 100% positive replies from his clients. Great to see.
          It's nice when a signal provider sticks to his/her rules, so in this case, we're happy! Looking on other threads on this forum you can see things get out of hand really quickly...

Comment

• Originally posted by minkw View Post
            Hi gbguimaraes Thanks for your kind words,

taking a loss is hard, no one likes to lose, however overtime losses are expected, while the loss is not much it emotionally affects me,

yes I expect to recover by the end of next month
            no worries, you stuck to your rules and thats what counts. no bullshit excuses or whatever.

still think your dd values are too low, but as long that works for your strategy thats all that matters.

dd is the pain one has to tolerate for the gains, and you can make it up in very reasonable time, and thats very nice.

​​​​​​​gee i might have to subscribe, just kidding

Comment

• Originally posted by reinerh View Post

no worries, you stuck to your rules and thats what counts. no bullshit excuses or whatever.

still think your dd values are too low, but as long that works for your strategy thats all that matters.

dd is the pain one has to tolerate for the gains, and you can make it up in very reasonable time, and thats very nice.

​​​​​​​gee i might have to subscribe, just kidding
              Hmmm gbguimaraes = reinerh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drcdp View Post

"gbguimaraes" = Say what, Charlie???

Comment

• Originally posted by Drcdp View Post

Sorry, don t get that!?

Comment

• Min, trading is ups followed by downs. Anyone who has consistent ups is not trading, but likely gaming either themselves or their subs/investors. Anyone involved with FX for a reasonable length of time should know that. Providing you follow the rules you've set and communicate, everyone here should support you. I'm not following expecting everytime you'll win and I'm sure neither are the other people following.

Comment

• Originally posted by nwboater View Post

"gbguimaraes" = Say what, Charlie???
                      Follow the thread of posts and replies above. But seems might just be a co-incidence.
                      Last edited by Drcdp; 02-23-2018, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Hey all thanks for your replies,

yes taking a loss hurts, just been over a year since I had a losing month,

we are already making a come back on the and cad and are currently around -2% for this month,

I just feel terrible for a few people who subbed in the a last few weeks as they would have taken the full 4% loss, as anyone who has been subbed for at least the beginning of last month will still be in profit

anyway again thanks everyone for your kind words, as I was actually expecting a huge negative backlash on the forums/pm/emails however this was not the case, totally opposite, as being around here for many years when traders take a loss everyone kinda goes ape shit homocidal

thank you

Satang FX / minkw

Comment

• Originally posted by minkw View Post
                          when traders take a loss everyone kinda goes ape shit homocidal
                          Satang FX / minkw
                          LOL - errr that would normally be me but hey mate you stick to your rules in which case taking a loss is, as they say, part of trading.
                          Onward and upward.

Pete

Comment

• The averaging in strategy works great in producing consistent returns. On occasion it fails, and we have to take a loss.

The strategy averages more than 3% per month, so a loss of 4% very 6 months - whilst not nice, is totally containable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westie View Post
                              The averaging in strategy works great in producing consistent returns. On occasion it fails, and we have to take a loss.
                              The problem with averaging strategies begins when they fail two times in a row before reaching new highs. A perfect example for this would be SmartScalper.

Personally i think that averaging strategies will allways fail sooner or later, or being stuck in a ridiculous situation like fxviper.

But of course i wish you all the best!

Comment

• Smart scalper and smart trader used quite a lot of leverage so they didnt have much wiggle room, whereby my strategy uses very low leverage and does not risk much, viper is another story, he did not average instead he added until the fundamentals changed in his desired direction,
                                he actually had 3 times to average out if his 1.06 eur usd short position instead he was trying to scale out instead, then hedged at unfortunately the wrong time, sorry but I don't believe in hedging the same pair as this pretty much closes out the positions, the major hedge funds don't hedge the same assets, they offset it with another instruments to reduce risk

does averaging work? Yes it does and 99% of the time it's successful, no one can predict the exact top or bottom hence the reason many traders scale/average into positions, the more important aspect is risk management, example is looking at the and nzd price now, a lesser loss could be contained, however it could have kept moving against us,

this strategy is purely based on risk/leverage management, also knowing when to take a loss and move on,

yes I could have held the aud nzd basket for months on end and eventually broke even or made some profit but I would have broken my trading rules, and larger dd would have been encountered, for me then most important aspect of trading is to respect the market, as if you don't it will smash you against the wall and spit you out like a piece of shit, and you will end up with nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X