No announcement yet.

Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, the DD limit seems to work. Thats a good thing, honestly, finally a rule not broken.

Now it'll be interesting to see if you can make money faster than getting stopped out. Like i already stated two month ago:

Originally posted by Amadorian View Post
    Looking back over the last year there were so many times when the floating dd was higher than 15%. So it'll be interesting if you can recover faster than the dd happening.
    On average you make 3.24% / month according to myfxbook. So being stopped out more than once every 4 to 5 month would result in making no money at all. The DD limit was implemented less than a month ago, and you already hit it once. Not the best start.

Comment

• congrats on following your rules and taking a loss. If you continue to follow your plan I do believe you can make some decent and sustainable profits in the long run. I'd love to see some of your views on the markets if you ever had time to do so.
      [SIZE=22px]BitcoinWisdomPro [/SIZE]- [URL="https://bit.ly/bitcoinWisdomFS"]Link[/URL]

Comment

• RenkoGuy
        Stop being a bully, your latest posts are just useless junk.
        I don't believe in his trading at all, and his arrogance is annoying, but now at least he has a fixed stop and sticks to it (for the moment), so people know what they are getting into.

Criticizing - perfect, calling out on his lies - perfect... but your posts are just useless bashing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenkoGuy
          Many pathetic idiots on this forum.
          Leave the forum and that number is down by one

Comment

• Seems like the 15% cut-loss rule is no more....

otb4.PNG

Comment

• Originally posted by Amadorian View Post
              Seems like the 15% cut-loss rule is no more....

otb4.PNG
              Thanks for keeping a hawk eye on the open basket. I am working hard to make profits intra-month since the last Water Mark at the end of last month. Remember, the 15% drawdown is from the Water Mark when flat at the end of the previous month. All booked trades during a month will increase the profit "cushion" for this 15% threshhold. So basically look at the balance at the beginning of Sept, then take 85% of that. That would be the fuzzy line in the sand.
              “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

[URL="https://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/outside-box-master-account/2087437"][B]Outside the Box - Myfxbook[/B][/URL]
              [B][URL="https://www.simpletrader.net/signal/10457/Outside-the-Box-NEW.html"]Outside the Box - SimpleTrader [/URL][/B][URL="https://www.simpletrader.net/signal/10457/Outside-the-Box-NEW.html"][B]Trade Copying[/B][/URL]

Comment

• I dont have to make any calculations, you are 4% down since the start of september and now in a 17% dd, or 83% of your balance. Even with these rules you just stated, you should've closed the basket...
                Last edited by Amadorian; 09-10-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
                  So basically look at the balance at the beginning of Sept, then take 85% of that. That would be the fuzzy line in the sand.

Okay, let's do as you said.
                  Balance beginning of September - 7.366 USD
                  85% of 7.366 = 6.235,6 USD
                  Your equity = 5.825 USD

5.825 USD < 6.235 USD

So please explain again why you didn't close the basket...

otb5.PNG

Comment

• Balance end of month was 7250.
                    Balance currently 5940.
                    82%.
                    So yes it's not exact science like you say, more of an art. This is a terrible time to cut USDJPY, US30, and AUDUSD. Explain why you would do so technically.
                    I close positions in the basket when over 15% and when it makes technical sense, give or take a few percent, depending on the momentum and technicals and timing. But yes I will be reducing exposure it this new trading day if the drawdown does not abate.
                    Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 09-10-2019, 10:45 PM.

[URL="https://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/outside-box-master-account/2087437"][B]Outside the Box - Myfxbook[/B][/URL]
                    [B][URL="https://www.simpletrader.net/signal/10457/Outside-the-Box-NEW.html"]Outside the Box - SimpleTrader [/URL][/B][URL="https://www.simpletrader.net/signal/10457/Outside-the-Box-NEW.html"][B]Trade Copying[/B][/URL]

Comment

This is a terrible time to cut USDJPY, US30, and AUDUSD. Explain why you would do so technically.
                      Well thats simple: Usdjpy reversed on a pretty strong resistance, US30 is in an uptrend on every timeframe. You are trading using ichimoku right? Atleast on of your myfxbook strategies is named like it. Then i quite understand you waiting for audusd to find resistance at the D1 kumo. Evrry other timeframe is trending higher.

But thats not the point, you can allways find reasons to close or entering new orders.
                      The point is that you said there is a hard 15% stop, and now there sufdenly isnt.

Your quotes:
                      The highest Drawdown possible now starting tomorrow probably is 15%. And the upside edge this strategy maintains is excellent.

AND

"probably" did not describe the 15% drawdown now hard-coded into the Hybrid PAMM software. My scale-in and scale-out will apply the brakes in advance of a 15% threshhold, so that is not really a risk

Comment

• Originally posted by RenkoGuy

Lies, lies lies and more lies ..... you just can't trade

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":111689}
                        it's called trading. take it or leave it. all your huffing or puffing is better used elsewhere really. We've heard you over and over again that you don't like blurry edges and soft drawdown targets.

Comment

it's called trading. take it or leave it. all your huffing or puffing is better used elsewhere really. We've heard you over and over again that you don't like blurry edges and soft drawdown targets.
                          No, its called lying! You said there is a 15% stop "hard coded into the Hybrid PAMM software". So either you're an extremely poor programmer, or hired a really bad one, OR you were just lying. Pick one.

Don't make up stupid rules on the go, if they are not tested first and clearly don't work with your high risk trading.
                          Just say a complete wipe of the account has to be expected, and everyone will be happy.
                          I don't care if you trade with high risk, thats completely fine and up to you, just don't lie about the floating drawdown over and over again.

You thought a 15% hard stop is the answer to everything, but fell in the same trap as every grid trader, which is two (or more) closed baskets within a short period of time without getting to new equity highs. Same thing that happened to SatangFX. That hard stop on a grid system only looks good on paper. I told you, i told satang, and both of you did the same thing, expand the possible floating dd again....
                          Last edited by Amadorian; 09-11-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• That's exactly it. He put it in place thinking it will hardly ever be hit. And he was happy to let it be hit after 1 good month. That showed that it is indeed implemented and should calm everybody down while not causing too much damage.

Little did he know that he'd get in the same situation immediately after. Which comes as a surprise because everybody else knew that. Now what? Why, remove it obviously. And don't tell anybody, surely nobody would notice right?

Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
                            This is a terrible time to cut USDJPY, US30, and AUDUSD. Explain why you would do so technically.
                            I told you that a number of times. But here we go again. Don't put yourself in the position where you're forced to close trades at the worst possible moment because you're running out of equity or just can't take it anymore. Close when it makes sense to close because it's clearly not working. And set position sizes accordingly before you even start. You've made all the mistakes again. You went in too hot and you reached 15% DD too soon. If you knew UJ can go as high as it did and that it would be a terrible time to cut it here then why did you do it like that? Especially considering your newly added limit.

Comment

• If his credibility wasn't shattered before it sure is now. 30% DD. I should probably say 30% and counting. But who's counting anyway.

Comment

• 40% dd, one month after promising a 15% hard stop.

His 2,5x new pamm account should be wiped by now.
                                The 2x pamm account should be close to it.

The stats are not updated since september 2nd, and i guess it'll stay that way...

And the fun part is that this time you cant even say "its easy to be clever in hindsight", because you could've easily avoided it, i gave you the recomendation to close the basket after a VERY simple technical analysis when you were only in a 15% dd.

A surreal art form that you're presenting us here OTB. Maybe its just not the right time to understand it and you'll be praised post-mortem

otb5.PNG
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Amadorian; 09-12-2019, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X