X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OutsideTheBoxHK
    replied
    Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
    I saw one trade on eurusd that lost 36% from 100 pips, another 400 pips loss resulted to -18% and another 100 pips resulting in -18% so I knew that you are using different lotsizing per trade setup. So you lost about half your account in one day. https://i.gyazo.com/52c572e5ae2ed954...d24945849b.png
    If you opened 1 lot on $10000 balance and had a 100 pip loss, that would be 10% of your account , not 36%. So thats why I wanted to see your lotsizing.
    My strategy and risk management have been revised slightly due to the desires and needs of clients: once in June 2017 after I compounded my startup equity and began providing trade copying, and then once again. When I was strategizing how to gain geographical independence by depending more on trading income, after I had backtested my strategy sufficiently, I knew that I had to be able to make a certain amount of money per week and per month, so yes I was trying to multiply those initial deposits by increasing my lot sizes (back in those days I was trading 2 lots on $4000 equity, so it was much higher risk - but if you have an accurate system, then you can increase your lot sizes and execute a money management plan so that you always preserve enough capital to be able to recover the drawdown in under 2 months). The severe loss you are looking at was definitely one of my mistakes that taught me a lot. I spoke about it at length on Donna Forex, as it involved FOMC speaker Janet Yellen on March 15 I think and I had 2 open positions before her speech. I chose to leave them open, which was an idea that I have not repeated. My strategy and risk management have progressively been improved over the last year for sure.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    You added 5k to your account balance before you opening these trades, Were you trying to up your lotsizes during this time and it just went bad?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    I saw one trade on eurusd that lost 36% from 100 pips, another 400 pips loss resulted to -18% and another 100 pips resulting in -18% so I knew that you are using different lotsizing per trade setup. So you lost about half your account in one day. https://i.gyazo.com/52c572e5ae2ed954...d24945849b.png
    If you opened 1 lot on $10000 balance and had a 100 pip loss, that would be 10% of your account , not 36%. So thats why I wanted to see your lotsizing.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• OutsideTheBoxHK
    replied
    Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
    Outside the Box - Mt Cook PAMM.GBP_AUD.Thu, 24 May 2018 00_00_00 GMT-Mon, 25 Jun 2018 16_00_00 GMT.png
    What is the reason behind so many small traders , small duration time, and both long and short positions?

I would also like to view your lotsizes on one of your accounts? Can you open up the lotsizes?
    This is my strategy. I do what I have observed over 1000's of hours to work.
    I do not go into great depth about my strategy without very good reason. But basically it depends on probability. All of trading is stacking the probability over a given time that you will be right.
    In other words, I am a day trader, which means I work at my screen at least 9 hours, 6 days a week if not more. Therefore I am constantly scanning for setups on different timeframes. If it is a 5 min chart setup, then the time horizon of the trade is significantly less than a setup I choose to take on the 1 hour or 4 hour chart. There is a time to take shorts, and an advantageous time to take longs. How was the performance?
    For very good reason I keep my "lot sizing" private on these public sites. You could work it out by some clever deduction and calculation, using percentages and balance and proportions.
    Why is this important to you? In my system description, I say my max exposure at any one time is 1 standard lot per $10,000, and I keep to this.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    Outside the Box - Mt Cook PAMM.GBP_AUD.Thu, 24 May 2018 00_00_00 GMT-Mon, 25 Jun 2018 16_00_00 GMT.png
    What is the reason behind so many small traders , small duration time, and both long and short positions?

I would also like to view your lotsizes on one of your accounts? Can you open up the lotsizes?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X