Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by monira

    Yes. I read. You have given some example of fraud signal provider.
    Hell no, Viper was King Viper! The king of all kings, the alpha Lion. This place was on fire when he was around. Now, its like a kinder garden with a bunch of loonies.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Tradersmurf View Post

      Hell no, Viper was King Viper! The king of all kings, the alpha Lion. This place was on fire when he was around. Now, its like a kinder garden with a bunch of loonies.

      Viper ended up blowing up. If you analyzed his trading, his risk management was terrible. He held EURUSD shorts for like 2 years or something. He carried a huge drawdown and then he deleted his MyFXBook account and moved to the Bahamas and went totally private and off the grid.
      “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

      Outside the Box - Myfxbook
      Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post


        Viper ended up blowing up. If you analyzed his trading, his risk management was terrible. He held EURUSD shorts for like 2 years or something. He carried a huge drawdown and then he deleted his MyFXBook account and moved to the Bahamas and went totally private and off the grid.
        Viper, or like I like to refer to him, King Viper, was the greatest, the Mohammed Ali of trading, please dont insult him, you are hurting my feelings.

        Comment


        • #64
          Here's Nick's final post on the FXViper thread here at ForexSignals and how it all blew up and ended.
          I've attached an image of how long FXViper would hold trades and would massage his monthly stats (with almost no eye on overall drawdown of equity) just so that investors would keep coming in and the growth curve looked like it was going only up. A bit like what Bernie Madoff did with his Ponzie Scheme. It's ok if both you and your investors have unlimited capital backing them/you.
          To be able to ride out the long drawdowns and recover at some point in the future.



          Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Well... it finally happened.


          You guys only saw one side of our relationship with Jeff on this forum. While a great, hospitable guy, he's also very volatile.
          He has threatened to quit over 20 times in the past 2 years. Always over small things like a negative post on the forum, or me asking a question about the market and possible game plan if things moved against him
          It all came to a head last month when he closed out the MAM's in the middle of the night without telling us and then refused to trade until he got paid his performance fees 2 weeks early (this was the reason he stopped trading, not because he needed a rest).
          I explained that we can't just stick our hands into people's accounts in the middle of the month because he wanted to get paid, however he threatened to leave unless we did. So we moved heaven and earth to get him a $35,000 cheque and keep him on side. Everything seemed fine, until now, when I've been woken up by Will at 2am with the news that Jeff has posted on the forum that's he's quitting.
          Honestly, I'm not actually that upset that he's decided to stop, the circumstances are certainly flabbergasting (He refused to get on a call with me and then deleted me from Skype) but all being said, I’'ve harbored fears about his strategy for a while.
          I know many of you out there see him as a trading demigod, but the reality is that his returns have only gone in one direction, and for an obvious reason. His claims of "managing risk" are in actual fact a fear of damaging his track record of unbroken months. So he'’ll happily hold trades forever (literally) without any real cap on the downside risk provided he can still bank small winners while waiting for the market to cooperate with his view.
          If the EURUSD had pushed up to 1.25 like many of us feared, I honestly don’t know what would have happened, and Jeff refused to discuss it… How can we work with a strategy that can’t articulate a game plan should the market move against them?
          I know what you’re thinking. “"Sure, you say that now!”"
          But please appreciate the sticky situation we were in. We were largely beholden to Jeff and not in a position to force his hand due to the legacy of our relationship. If things had gone bad we would have manually intervened and cut the trades, but that’s not really a solution. A trader should be able to take responsibility themselves, but with Jeff… I had zero confidence that he’d be able to make the tough decision when the time came.
          I won'’t even go into the fact that his returns have continued to shrink and the only thing he’s interested in doing is shorting EURUSD…. Let’s face it, forex is riskier than ever right now with the recent flash crash, and if we’re going to be here in 10 years time making millions of dollars from the markets, it’s gotta be with traders that share that vision, don’t trade scared and have a consistent edge.
          We pride ourselves as a bastion of trading talent and many of you trust our recommendations without question so we owe it to you guys to ensure that every trader that’s on ForexSignals.com or ThinkHugeInvestments.com is absolutely world class.
          So the question is - If the FX Viper strategy came across our desk today, would we trade it?


          No.


          I don't know... I'm hesitant to be too negative here for risk of being seen as a bad sport. But we need to deal with the reality of the situation. I've personally been trying to think of a way to get FX Viper off my own accounts without looking like abandoning our cornerstone strategy for a while now. So while shocking for you guys, it's actually not such a bad thing from my perspective.

          Moving forward we'll be contacting all clients via email explaining the situation. All FX Viper MAM accounts will be connected to SteadyCapture when the market opens on the 14th of November unless specifically asked to be removed.

          Why SteadyCapture? Because he's the best trader on the site and shown through years of perseverance that he can manage large sums of capital in a responsible way.

          The 3x MAM will likely trade 2x risk and the 2x MAM's will trade 1.5x risk, however let me confirm that with you guys over the coming days.

          https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nic...x-risk/1307966

          http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Stea...e-live/1211446

          This is not the end of the road, there are now more reasons than ever to celebrate. We finally got out of this year long drawdown on EURUSD through a bit of luck and thanks to the optimism in the US Economy about Trump’s election.


          We cash out at equity high’s and can now reallocate the capital to more robust strategies that possess the dynamism needed to last the long term and deliver the financial freedom we’re striving for.'
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          FXViper1.JPG
          “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

          Outside the Box - Myfxbook
          Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
            Here's Nick's final post on the FXViper thread here at ForexSignals and how it all blew up and ended.
            I've attached an image of how long FXViper would hold trades and would massage his monthly stats (with almost no eye on overall drawdown of equity) just so that investors would keep coming in and the growth curve looked like it was going only up. A bit like what Bernie Madoff did with his Ponzie Scheme. It's ok if both you and your investors have unlimited capital backing them/you.
            To be able to ride out the long drawdowns and recover at some point in the future.



            Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Well... it finally happened.


            You guys only saw one side of our relationship with Jeff on this forum. While a great, hospitable guy, he's also very volatile.
            He has threatened to quit over 20 times in the past 2 years. Always over small things like a negative post on the forum, or me asking a question about the market and possible game plan if things moved against him
            It all came to a head last month when he closed out the MAM's in the middle of the night without telling us and then refused to trade until he got paid his performance fees 2 weeks early (this was the reason he stopped trading, not because he needed a rest).
            I explained that we can't just stick our hands into people's accounts in the middle of the month because he wanted to get paid, however he threatened to leave unless we did. So we moved heaven and earth to get him a $35,000 cheque and keep him on side. Everything seemed fine, until now, when I've been woken up by Will at 2am with the news that Jeff has posted on the forum that's he's quitting.
            Honestly, I'm not actually that upset that he's decided to stop, the circumstances are certainly flabbergasting (He refused to get on a call with me and then deleted me from Skype) but all being said, I’'ve harbored fears about his strategy for a while.
            I know many of you out there see him as a trading demigod, but the reality is that his returns have only gone in one direction, and for an obvious reason. His claims of "managing risk" are in actual fact a fear of damaging his track record of unbroken months. So he'’ll happily hold trades forever (literally) without any real cap on the downside risk provided he can still bank small winners while waiting for the market to cooperate with his view.
            If the EURUSD had pushed up to 1.25 like many of us feared, I honestly don’t know what would have happened, and Jeff refused to discuss it… How can we work with a strategy that can’t articulate a game plan should the market move against them?
            I know what you’re thinking. “"Sure, you say that now!”"
            But please appreciate the sticky situation we were in. We were largely beholden to Jeff and not in a position to force his hand due to the legacy of our relationship. If things had gone bad we would have manually intervened and cut the trades, but that’s not really a solution. A trader should be able to take responsibility themselves, but with Jeff… I had zero confidence that he’d be able to make the tough decision when the time came.
            I won'’t even go into the fact that his returns have continued to shrink and the only thing he’s interested in doing is shorting EURUSD…. Let’s face it, forex is riskier than ever right now with the recent flash crash, and if we’re going to be here in 10 years time making millions of dollars from the markets, it’s gotta be with traders that share that vision, don’t trade scared and have a consistent edge.
            We pride ourselves as a bastion of trading talent and many of you trust our recommendations without question so we owe it to you guys to ensure that every trader that’s on ForexSignals.com or ThinkHugeInvestments.com is absolutely world class.
            So the question is - If the FX Viper strategy came across our desk today, would we trade it?


            No.


            I don't know... I'm hesitant to be too negative here for risk of being seen as a bad sport. But we need to deal with the reality of the situation. I've personally been trying to think of a way to get FX Viper off my own accounts without looking like abandoning our cornerstone strategy for a while now. So while shocking for you guys, it's actually not such a bad thing from my perspective.

            Moving forward we'll be contacting all clients via email explaining the situation. All FX Viper MAM accounts will be connected to SteadyCapture when the market opens on the 14th of November unless specifically asked to be removed.

            Why SteadyCapture? Because he's the best trader on the site and shown through years of perseverance that he can manage large sums of capital in a responsible way.

            The 3x MAM will likely trade 2x risk and the 2x MAM's will trade 1.5x risk, however let me confirm that with you guys over the coming days.

            https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nic...x-risk/1307966

            http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Stea...e-live/1211446

            This is not the end of the road, there are now more reasons than ever to celebrate. We finally got out of this year long drawdown on EURUSD through a bit of luck and thanks to the optimism in the US Economy about Trump’s election.


            We cash out at equity high’s and can now reallocate the capital to more robust strategies that possess the dynamism needed to last the long term and deliver the financial freedom we’re striving for.'
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            FXViper1.JPG
            Long Live the King! Long Live the King!! Viva King Viper, Viva!

            Comment


            • #66
              Since the days of Viper, fox and many others failures, would you say that the standard of signals that are available now has improved.

              Granted there are still some dubious ones.

              For example Outside the Box seems to have a lot more protection in place for his subs than the earlier signals.

              There are quite a few that seem worthy of consideration now, offering low drawdown and or sticking to their rules when action needs to be taken.

              A few that spring to mind are MHD, Satang, Momentum Capture, SFE, Rettangolo and FX4Charlie (before he removed it)

              I am sure there are others.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by fabx View Post
                Since the days of Viper, fox and many others failures, would you say that the standard of signals that are available now has improved.

                Granted there are still some dubious ones.

                For example Outside the Box seems to have a lot more protection in place for his subs than the earlier signals.

                There are quite a few that seem worthy of consideration now, offering low drawdown and or sticking to their rules when action needs to be taken.

                A few that spring to mind are MHD, Satang, Momentum Capture, SFE, Rettangolo and FX4Charlie (before he removed it)

                I am sure there are others.
                Why did FX4Charlie remove his signal, he seems to be still trading?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
                  [USER="42406"]

                  "As many on this site are already aware there are numerous unscrupulous signal providers ready to take advantage of 'innocent' investors, however, the MQL5 signal service takes some beating this year with the total loss of investor funds now approaching $5M ( yes million!) with just two signal providers. The signals are then immediately removed from the website, giving the impression that the site offers only 'safe' systems....similar to many other signal provider websites..

                  The way this works is that even though MQL5 try to flag the more risky systems, there is no stopping the greed and impulsiveness of investors when they see steady double-digit growth month after month, until the subscribers are so many the trader only needs one month's subs to retire comfortably and swiftly loses all interest in his clients.
                  The latest 'dragon' and 'safe dragon' GBP/JPY 20% month return systems calamity comes swiftly after the loss of a $3M investors funds from a 'no-lose' S&P 'long only' system."


                  Funny you would mention this. I was looking at the same SP on MQL5 and funny enough this is the same trader known here as Faja Lucky that used to plague this site with his high gains, promises of low risks and safe profits.. Seems he has been managing and blowing signals like this one on MQL5. There are several other signals on MQL5 that are the same person as Safety Dragon. All registered under various names so maybe friends, relatives, whatever. The guy is dangerous and you can usually see his signature trading with high risks, high gains mainly in the GBPJPY pair. He often says hes from Hungary or India so if you ever see this, think twice before subscribing.

                  https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/411963#!tab=tab_reviews

                  https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/forum/signals-from-forexsignals-simpletrader/signals-from-simpletrader-network/736-fajalucky-signal


                  When I first viewed it, the signal had nearly $3M under management. This guy is a real scammer and was trying to get as many of his followers to hang in there when he was in a 70%+ drawdown. Sadly many lost most or all of their accounts with this one. The only thing I can say at this point is that we are very certain on the ID of this individual and there are about 5 people that fell into one of his managed account scams around a year ago through Skype conversations. He will be on the chopping block really soon.

                  There are reports that he was attempting to have people setup verified Paypal accounts for him to use for a small price. There were a few people that fell for this as well and is another investigation being done by several outside parties.
                  Last edited by NextGen4FX; 08-30-2018, 10:13 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by monira

                    What is the problem with my website? Have I committed any unrealistic return?
                    And where I take offense?
                    Take the time and read my post about your site. It says clearly in there what is misleading..

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      5.5% for August
                      38.2% for 2018 year


                      New Equity Highs.
                      Over 1700% in 19 months.
                      Onward and upward. Finished the month flat. Ready for exciting autumn months of certain volatility.
                      Will be looking for risk aversion markets in Sept and Oct.
                      “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

                      Outside the Box - Myfxbook
                      Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        1700% in 19 months. Are you trying to give your potential investors this kind of expectations?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Well the good thing is that he is trading in a market where the rates are increasing and volatility as well, so if he can keep a steady return in this market he should be able to keep away from massive DD. That said his larges is around 50% which isn't low either.

                          @OutsideTheBoxHK: How do you see this massive gain in less than two years? Do you fear you will receive a major setback if you keep trading like you are now?
                          Last edited by reaper_unique; 09-27-2018, 06:34 AM.
                          http://widgets.myfxbook.com/widgets/2229599/mini.jpg

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by reaper_unique View Post
                            Well the good thing is that he is trading in a market where the rates are increasing and volatility as well, so if he can keep a steady return in this market he should be able to keep away from massive DD. That said his larges is around 50% which isn't low either.

                            @OutsideTheBoxHK: How do you see this massive gain in less than two years? Do you fear you will receive a major setback if you keep trading like you are now?
                            The psychology and emotion and wisdom that you learn from being a hard core trader, manual, in front of the news, the price action, and the screens 14 hours per day or more.... you learn to not really engage in prediction, or reassuring in a false way. I let my returns speak for themselves and I have an iron clad aversion to discussing things that may be contentious or not humble. I perform best when I keep my head and eyes on the markets and stay out of banter and self-puffery.
                            I just want to be a success, be cautious from stories of those who have failed, and keep my hand on the trigger when I see the opportunities when the market gives them to me.

                            My target is 5 to 10% on my flagship strategy, and higher for my medium risk and high risk. All performing well.
                            “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

                            Outside the Box - Myfxbook
                            Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Isn't this One strategy or master account that copies to your other higher risk accounts? Same trades across all accounts at different risk levels right?
                              Put the edge in your hands.
                              Crypto MarketMaker Robot
                              Github - Contact for Verified Trading History

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                No.
                                Please look at the trade histories, and you will see even this week when (in addition to "core strategy" trades being copied at higher risk) there are days when I capitalize on intra-day opportunities to scalp the market when the market provides these opportunities. Some days there are many additional trades in the High Return and Medium Risk Strategies.
                                “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

                                Outside the Box - Myfxbook
                                Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X