No announcement yet.

Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I take it ESMA restrictions are of no concern with this signal? I don't think it was ever confirmed or at least I did not find a confirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
      I take it ESMA restrictions are of no concern with this signal? I don't think it was ever confirmed or at least I did not find a confirmation.
      The master account is not under ESMA or European brokerage.
      Of course, your broker also must not be under ESMA or you will have to watch the max drawdown which has been 20% tops and really less than that, more like 10% as you will see.
      The max open exposure I ever have at 1x risk is 1 lot per $10,000.
      “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

Outside the Box - Myfxbook
      Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying
      Outside the Box - MQL5 Trade Copying

Comment

• Yeah, that gets tight with ESMA but theoretically it should still work even with minors/exotics.

Comment

• What does "Max drawdown of 50% from High Water Mark " mean to you? I was watching your High return account for the past few weeks and I noticed today you had a 74% drawdown by adding to your losing trades. 4 Long positions on AUDUSD and 6 Short positions on GBPAUD. So is there any equity protection? Best luck with managing your accounts.!
          Put the edge in your hands.
          Crypto MarketMaker Robot
          Github - Myfxbook - Contact

Comment

• Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
            What does "Max drawdown of 50% from High Water Mark " mean to you? I was watching your High return account for the past few weeks and I noticed today you had a 74% drawdown by adding to your losing trades. 4 Long positions on AUDUSD and 6 Short positions on GBPAUD. So is there any equity protection? Best luck with managing your accounts.!
            Hi there. Drawdown is currently at 28%.
            This is a high risk and high return account that does very well for most of the history and these swings are part and parcel of this system.
            Most subscribers have done well and withdrawn profits to recover their original equity investment, and I also advise people to only invest small amounts that they can afford to lose the same way I did in the beginning of this account/system in March 2018, then risk profits for the remainder of the investment.
            Are you a subscriber?
            I have 8 accounts / systems and they all are performing well, but each is different. Nothing ventured, nothing gained is how I approach these types of alternative higher risk strategies. They will pay you if you can stomach the swings. I recovered from two other over 50% drawdowns already and I had a few subscribers write to me and I assured them and advised them how to approach it.

Comment

• You didn't answer my simple question. Is there Equity protection at 50%? regarding this account => http://www.signalstart.com/analysis/...h-return/33972

The drawdown peaked at 74% today, so the answer must be "NO". You still have the same positions open going into news releases so you could margin call this account. I understand its high risk, but it seems to me its either 10 pips profits or a margincall. Unfortunately I can't stomach the risk knowing you can lose everything within a few days.

With my luck, I'd sign up and then you reach a margin call the next week. I was setting up an account to follow this High return thinking it had 50% Equity protection which would be fine for me. but 100% risk,..
              Crypto MarketMaker Robot

Comment

You didn't answer my simple question. Is there Equity protection at 50%? regarding this account => http://www.signalstart.com/analysis/...h-return/33972

The drawdown peaked at 74% today, so the answer must be "NO". You still have the same positions open going into news releases so you could margin call this account. I understand its high risk, but it seems to me its either 10 pips profits or a margincall. Unfortunately I can't stomach the risk knowing you can lose everything within a few days.

With my luck, I'd sign up and then you reach a margin call the next week. I was setting up an account to follow this High return thinking it had 50% Equity protection which would be fine for me. but 100% risk,..
                Please read description of system carefully.
                Also please note graph of previous drawdowns. That was there for all to see since the beginning. You already have the answer. And I have made good profits and recovered from drawdowns. thx.

Comment

You didn't answer my simple question. Is there Equity protection at 50%? regarding this account => http://www.signalstart.com/analysis/...h-return/33972

If it helps HedgeBitcoin, I've been following the SimpleTrader signal now for a few months and can verify it's been great for me. I'm aware that OutsideTheBoxHK provides the ability to follow his trades using other methods, however I believe some are similar and some are quite different. The SignalStart option appears quite aggressive compared to the SimpleTrader option and in my experience being aggressive normally comes with increased drawdowns.

Comment

• The issues with OutsideTheBoxHK are

"MYFXBOOK:
                    https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Out...tforex/2450316 -- more details of this account
                    https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Out...ccount/2087437 -- master account
                    http://www.signalstart.com/analysis/...e-box-hk/22160 -- master account
                    ------ 50% copies off master account of Fund Manager, 50% other separate manual trades on smaller timeframes
                    ------ 20 months track record on Outside the Box Master Account
                    Target yield 20 to 30% per month (10 to 20 pips per trade dependent on market conditions)
                    Max drawdown of 50% from High Water Mark
                    Max Exposure of 7 lots per $10,000 balance.
                    Suggest following this high risk signal with $500 to $1000 initially AND use broker with tightest spreads (zero spread if you can find it)
                    Then use only profits to compound account size exponentially as we grow long term. After initial investment recuperated, keep invested for at least 6 months and withdraw profits only when absolutely necessary.

Scalping using MACD, RSI, Stochastic and Ichimoku indicators (2 for Mean Reversion and 2 for Trend Following entries/exits).
                    Focus on Price action studies and knowledge about market behavior of institutional order flow in each session, market maker strategies, momentum, and volume.
                    The aforementioned combined with basic concepts such as support, resistance, candlestick patterns, and Elliott Wave provide a basis to receive multiple confirmations regarding the timing of trades.
                    RISK MANAGEMENT implements a scale-in and scale-out approach, only during risk events will stop losses be utilized, setting Stop Loss to above Breakeven on a obvious winner."

The bold text.

Both were disregarded this week. He did not close his positions at 50%, and he did not use any stoploss going into the CPI data. It was a 50/50 chance the account survived or margincalled. Lucky him, his High risk account survived. Going forward if I were to follow this High return signal, it would be 0.25x since I now know his descriptions are useless and he doesn't follow them. He will margincall the account at some point in the future.

By the way, I read your descriptions and that is why I asked the simple questions about you using equity protection or not. This week was also your largest drawdown ever, so looking at your previous drawdowns don't clarify the real risk going forward. To me it doesn't matter if you made profits previously when you are willing to risk everything on the next basket of trades because as I said before, with my luck I join today, and you margincall tomorrow.
                    Crypto MarketMaker Robot

Comment

The issues with OutsideTheBoxHK are

"MYFXBOOK:
                      https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Out...tforex/2450316 -- more details of this account
                      ------ 50% copies off master account of Fund Manager, 50% other separate manual trades on smaller timeframes
                      Target yield 20 to 30% per month (10 to 20 pips per trade dependent on market conditions)
                      Suggest following this high risk signal with $500 to $1000 initially AND use broker with tightest spreads (zero spread if you can find it)
                      Then use only profits to compound account size exponentially as we grow long term. After initial investment recuperated, keep invested for at least 6 months and withdraw profits only when absolutely necessary.

Scalping using MACD, RSI, Stochastic and Ichimoku indicators (2 for Mean Reversion and 2 for Trend Following entries/exits).
                      Focus on Price action studies and knowledge about market behavior of institutional order flow in each session, market maker strategies, momentum, and volume.
                      The aforementioned combined with basic concepts such as support, resistance, candlestick patterns, and Elliott Wave provide a basis to receive multiple confirmations regarding the timing of trades.
                      RISK MANAGEMENT implements a scale-in and scale-out approach, only during risk events will stop losses be utilized, setting Stop Loss to above Breakeven on a obvious winner."

The bold text.

Both were disregarded this week. He did not close his positions at 50%, and he did not use any stoploss going into the CPI data. It was a 50/50 chance the account survived or margincalled. Lucky him, his High risk account survived. Going forward if I were to follow this High return signal, it would be 0.25x since I now know his descriptions are useless and he doesn't follow them. He will margincall the account at some point in the future.

By the way, I read your descriptions and that is why I asked the simple questions about you using equity protection or not. This week was also your largest drawdown ever, so looking at your previous drawdowns don't clarify the real risk going forward. To me it doesn't matter if you made profits previously when you are willing to risk everything on the next basket of trades because as I said before, with my luck I join today, and you margincall tomorrow.

Sorry that description was not updated. Please see the description from SignalStart which you had originally inquired about.
                      It's simple: You don't like the returns, drawdown, or the way I trade, then don't subscribe. I have worked far too hard and far too long to put too much attention on nay-sayers, detractors, and critics. Thanks for pointing out a mistake I hadn't fixed in Myfxbook, and please put your energy into making the best decisions for yourself to make profits and to build whatever your heart intends to build.

Comment

The issues with OutsideTheBoxHK are

"MYFXBOOK:

The bold text.

This is the high return text you are referring to: http://www.signalstart.com/analysis/...h-return/33972

Do as you see fit. Descriptions for me are guidelines not strict rules. And that is why I am a trader, self employed, and an outside the box thinker. Look where it has propelled me in life. I know I don't profit in life, career, and self actualisation by playing by the rules 100% of the time. This is the world we live in. If this is not your ideology or thought pattern then it's fine. Find your strategy and go for it.

HRdescription.JPG

Comment

• Dishonest.png
                          So now you just photoshopped the description to blank out the "MAX DRAWDOWN of 50% from HIGH WATER MARK"

unbelievable.
                          Crypto MarketMaker Robot

Comment

• I liked how you were trading, That's why I am asking some simple questions. but now after you break your trading plan you want to change the descriptions, say that they are not strict rules, say that the description is incorrect, and you don't play by rules. Interesting conversion non the less.
                            Crypto MarketMaker Robot

Comment

I liked how you were trading, That's why I am asking some simple questions. but now after you break your trading plan you want to change the descriptions, say that they are not strict rules, say that the description is incorrect, and you don't play by rules. Interesting conversion non the less.
                              We all make plans. A teacher does. A politician does. Doctors do. And lawyers do. Then we step out the door in the morning and the randomness and uncertainty collide with our limited human plans.
                              I execute my profession no different than any of these above mentioned professionals. I stick to it nearly all of the time. Look at my track record. There were two other occasions even on the master track record when "outlier" environments descended upon the markets, and as a trader I fight my way thru it the best I know how.
                              When I was a kid, I had the worst type of staph pneumonia, and the doctor gave me antibiotics at home. It didn't work. Then I was inpatient for 2 weeks, and they subjected me to um-teen probes, tests, x-rays, and 20 cm needles in my back to extract mucus from my lungs. Then finally they used the strongest type of penicillin, and I got better.
                              I don't criticise the doctor, because I know he was doing his best to help me.
                              This is how I view my profession. I help you follow me, after 15 years trading, to piggy back on my knowledge and skill.
                              I sometimes have to improvise. I do not apologise.

Comment

• We as subscribers can only really control 2 things:

1. do we want to subscribe or not
                                2. the risk we're willing to take

Whether we want to subscribe or not depends on your description of what you're doing, so it's important that your description is accurate and that you're actually adhering to it. If you don't do that then what we thought was the basis for our decision isn't really there.

After we decide to subscribe we decide what risk we're willing to take and thankfully we can scale it up or down to suit our needs. This is all very important. It's an agreement between the trader and the subscriber.

I'm a subscriber. A week into my subscription I find out that what the description says is actually not what I'm getting and that you don't really care. By now I should not actually be surprised anymore because with amature providers that's pretty much all one can expect. There's nobody out there that can hold them accountable so they can pretty much do what they please.

So the best bet I can take is to take margin call as the worst possible case and adjust my risk accordingly because that's the only thing that you can count on to stop your losses (at least under ESMA). I can understand the need for flexibility but that doesn't excuse you from breaking the agreement. In real world there are lawyers that step in when that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X