Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

Xinvestor I will only respond to you once, as your interaction on this site has been mostly negative and that is not what I am here for.
    1. Luck does play a small part in trading success. Many great traders admit this.
    2. I earn performance fees, commissions, my own equity gains, and sub fees.
    3. The AxiSelect Incubation program shows that I have performed well and am currently ranked #1 in the Stage 2 of 3 of their emerging fund manager program.
    4. Some people trust me because I have a quite lengthly track record of both losses and gains. and consistency.
    5. When I enter a basket / core position, I have Plan B, Plan C, and a Plan D. These provide extra support to my original entry idea.
    6. People like you have said in the past all long my hero journey that I will blow up accounts. Guess what? I only see Green Fields of Pips on all 9 accounts below.
    7. Your criticism propels me to keep servicing my 125 trade copying subscribers on 3 strategies, and 16 fund clients well.
    8. My system is a customised form of a grid, but more complex. It has proven to be both profitable and accurate. Look at my Trading scores/statistics on FXStat, MQL5, MyFXBook, PsyQuation, Hotforex Copy, Darwinex, SimpleTrader, SignalStart, and Fundseeder.
    9. If you can produce better results, more well liked results, or more consistent result please show me and the community.
    10. I will no longer respond to you. I wish you all the best in this great world God has made.
    PortfoilioOct2018.JPG

Yeah, I checked Darwinex and you have 0 investors. That should tell you a lot about how popular your strategy is when there are more investment options available.

I also read your reply to primi. Are you serious? He should not expect you to adhere to your own rules? This is one of the most idiotic things you could write and anyone who reads this should disqualify you immediately. Really, there is no point in even engaging with you if you have so little regard for your own clients. Hopefully most of them are reading this and sees what kind of person you are.

Comment

• Xinvestor
      Yeah, I checked Darwinex and you have 0 investors. That should tell you a lot about how popular your strategy is when there are more investment options available.

I also read your reply to primi. Are you serious? He should not expect you to adhere to your own rules? This is one of the most idiotic things you could write and anyone who reads this should disqualify you immediately. Really, there is no point in even engaging with you if you have so little regard for your own clients. Hopefully most of them are reading this and sees what kind of person you are.

Many people said this month presented significant challenges to hedge funds and traders. October brought us opportunities. I was expecting these couple months to be very volatile, so I was ready for it.

7.83% for Outside the Box
      17.1% for medium risk
      50% for Outside the Box High Risk

The rare white buffalo found pleasant pastures this month.
      He kept to himself, ate grass where it can be found in peace and let others squabble and bicker.
      In many alternative investment spheres you will find there is growing interest in what we are achieving with the Underlying Strategy

Invest in BUX listed by OutsideTheBoxHK. Diversify your portfolio and invest in leading independent traders. FCA (UK) & CNMV (Spain) regulated FinTech.

HFM is a multi-asset regulated and licensed global broker, providing trading services and facilities to both retail and institutional clients!

Axi Select is a FREE funded trader program that offers up to $1,000,000 in funding. Create a trading account and get everything you need to succeed!

(will be promoted to Pro Phase this month - stage 3 of 3 to becoming a certified money manager)

Waterfall2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
        That's the thing. You invested small and counted it as a loss. You can always play like that and you might get lucky - or you already got lucky. Which just means that his DD is effectively 100%. It is with this high risk signal and since it's the same guy trading everything else it's also 100% for all other signals. I can't trust him to adhere to any rules and there's no way in hell I'm backing him with any serious amount of money after this.
        It's entirely fine with me if he wants to risk the whole account. He just needs to tell it like it is so that we can make adjustments. Because I don't want to risk the whole account and I want to be sure that I'm not risking it and I don't want any surprises!
        Just briefly for primi and Xinvestor

I understand that you must make your own decisions, but at the end of the day the proof is PROFITS and CONSISTENCY.
        Primi, you said that I must use same risk management with all my strategies. This is just not correct.
        Scrutinise the trading history of my various strategies and you will find otherwise. The High Risk strategy is very unique, and I do not trade with such strict rules because there is less capital at risk. If you have a good strategy, which I do, then you can risk more and profit more with less capital. Last month it was 50% !!

All metrics (key performance indicators) of trading success are headed upwards.

Age of track record: 22 months
        Subscribers: 219
        Fund clients: 16
        Assets under management: $270,000
        Strategies developed: 5
        Brokerages utilized: 5
        Profit Factor: 5.27
        Expectancy: 6.3 pips per trade
        Total trades: 972
        Consecutive winning trades: 249
        Max DD (last year) 21%
        Profit % (last year) 62.85%
        Absolute Profit (22 months): 236.66%
        Gain to Pain Ratio: 1.20
        Calmar Ratio: 4.55
        Sortino Ratio: 3.33
        Months Profitable: 18 of 22
        Longest DD period: 6 months

The lesson those who follow me and invest in me should learn from posts here and elsewhere is that I will not be distracted by harassment, jealousy, hate, deception, and provocation.
        I trade well and most of the metrics for trading and proprietary ranking scores at sites like PsyQuation, Darwinex, and here at SimpleTrader are reflecting this positive performance.

So save your time and get busy doing good things like either:

A -- Trade for yourself (put the time in to learn and execute properly)
        B -- Compete for a job at a hedge fund
        C -- Compete for a junior analyst / assistant at an investment bank
        D -- combination of C-then-A or A-then-B (once you have a suitable 2 year track record) or B-then-A (after learning and building up trading capital
        E -- Find another way to invest in Forex
        F -- Get out of Forex all together, but don't ruin it for others

I of course think Choice A is best, as it will be hard to begin with, like the hardest psychological and physical and mental thing you have ever done (because it involves humility, admitting when you're wrong, and perseverance after losses and failures when many people are harassing you about losing their money). But later, you will have a story to tell, that you didn't just seek security like all the other 'rats in a cage' who are in some way or another enslaved to the business owners and ruling elite.
        Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 11-04-2018, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Primi, you said that I must use same risk management with all my strategies. This is just not correct.
          Scrutinise the trading history of my various strategies and you will find otherwise. The High Risk strategy is very unique, and I do not trade with such strict rules because there is less capital at risk. If you have a good strategy, which I do, then you can risk more and profit more with less capital. Last month it was 50% !!
          What I said is that you need to tell it like it is. I'm fine with you risking whatever you feel needs to be risked. But I need to know that in advance so that I can make my own adjustments. If you say it's 50% max and then suddenly it's 70% or even 100% - that's the problem right there. You're a smart guy so surely you must understand that and why it can be a problem for subscribers. Anyway, not sure why you dragged this out now, it's about a month old discussion and from memory we settled it then.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post

What I said is that you need to tell it like it is. I'm fine with you risking whatever you feel needs to be risked. But I need to know that in advance so that I can make my own adjustments. If you say it's 50% max and then suddenly it's 70% or even 100% - that's the problem right there. You're a smart guy so surely you must understand that and why it can be a problem for subscribers. Anyway, not sure why you dragged this out now, it's about a month old discussion and from memory we settled it then.
            Keep calm and let's profit on.
            To me I guess it really doesn't matter.
            If people want to deal with my trading system and past performance fairly and politely with moderate and reasonable discussion, then I am in.
            If people allow themselves to harbour resentment or jealousy - then I am out.

Instead of people encouraging further improvement and hard work that leads to high performance strategies getting the AuM they can realistically manage, I see way too much of 'I didn't perform as well as those other guys who actually work day in day out optimizing their trading to maintain or increase performance - so instead I'm going to give them a hard time publicly.'

Not saying you are one of them, but the risks I am taking for my clients are paying off handsomely.

Comment

• Having trust in a vendor is huge for most of us. It's really more important than profits to me.

This whole issue could easily be solved. If instead of stating only a max DD just state that 'my max dd guideline is XXX, but in unusual circumstances that may increase.'

Cheers,
              Rod

Comment

• After having some much-needed rest and relaxation with my family and friends over the weekend I would now like to address the first drawdown of notable size since:

October 2018 on High Risk strategyMarch / April on Outside the Box Low Risk
                I have taken some time to read some questions/comments from everyone and have given myself time to ponder and reflect. I do this because from the very beginning my goal has been to offer a great, profitable, honest, and open service for others to profit from my trading.
                Below the quote you will find my assessment of the current situation.
                I have been very determined to not allow this to distract me from my original goal. For this very reason, my strategy and trade execution has vastly improved over the last year.
                I am the first one to admit that drawdowns suck and I have worked hard to limit these occasions and avoid them. So much so that you will see from the equity curve and my performance statistics that overall I have improved the execution of the strategy I had developed over 10 years and thus profits have continued to improve too.

The description of my strategy reads:
                Once running drawdown from All time equity high reaches over 10% or one individual trades reaches a 5% to 7% loss I will consider hedging or scaling out. If Overall drawdown from equity high surpasses 20%, position sizing will decrease until a recovery is launched well.
                and
                Mental stop loss will be activated after 100 to 120 pips approximately as this is where my Maximum Adverse Excursion/Maximum Favorable Excursion indicate my losers have a low probability of recovering to profit
                • Thanks to my followers for trusting my strategy enough to allow me to trade your funds
                • I have $54,000 USD "skin in the game" invested to this strategy myself.
                • I work at least 12 hours per day managing my open positions, communicating on forums, analyzing my performance, and making plans to improve the execution of my strategy
                • Trading my own funds and funds of my clients is my sole source of income
                • Open exposure currently is 60% of my stated maximum on both high and low risk strategies
                • Total Drawdown is 9.3% from High Water Mark on low risk
                • Total Drawdown is 37% from High Water Mark on high risk
                • November profit captured at Low Risk is 3% so far
                • November profit captured at High Risk is 9.5% so far
                • Therefore when considering profit in November we are -6.3% total for the first half of month for Low Risk and -27.7% for High Risk
                • When drawdown reached 4-5% on Low Risk I started to seize more trade setups to slightly quicken recovery
                • Track record shows high risk recovery time from near max drawdown has been less than 2 weeks on 2 previous high drawdowns of 40% or more!
                • Track record shows low risk recovery time of 2 to 4 months from 2 previous drawdowns of 22%
                • The most important investing skill I want to continue to drill into the minds of those who want to improve and keep compounding their initial capital is this: During the good times keep vigilant and withdraw profit. During the inevitable drawdowns make sure I keep within pre-determined boundaries and train your mind that Loss Aversion is one of the biggest limiting factors in this type of Alternative Investing / FX Trading.
                • I believe this is a strong characteristic of this strategy and its execution
                • Both strategies have been described as aggressive and risk must exist in order to capture the above average returns that both strategies have done since last relative minimum on the equity curve in April 2018 for low risk and August 2018 on high risk
                • I have remained within the pre-determined max risk for drawdown
                • As far as Maximum Adverse Excursion you can see in the image below that the greatest excursion is 160 pips. This is slightly higher than my pre-determined max of 120, but I decided to allow one more day to see how prices behave on a Monday. I do not like closing losing positions on a Friday because oftentimes prices do not behave normally on a Friday.
                MidNovUpdate.JPG

Comment

After having some much-needed rest and relaxation with my family and friends over the weekend I would now like to address the first drawdown of notable size since:

October 2018 on High Risk strategyMarch / April on Outside the Box Low Risk
                  I have taken some time to read some questions/comments from everyone and have given myself time to ponder and reflect. I do this because from the very beginning my goal has been to offer a great, profitable, honest, and open service for others to profit from my trading.
                  Below the quote you will find my assessment of the current situation.
                  I have been very determined to not allow this to distract me from my original goal. For this very reason, my strategy and trade execution has vastly improved over the last year.
                  I am the first one to admit that drawdowns suck and I have worked hard to limit these occasions and avoid them. So much so that you will see from the equity curve and my performance statistics that overall I have improved the execution of the strategy I had developed over 10 years and thus profits have continued to improve too.

The description of my strategy reads:
                  Once running drawdown from All time equity high reaches over 10% or one individual trades reaches a 5% to 7% loss I will consider hedging or scaling out. If Overall drawdown from equity high surpasses 20%, position sizing will decrease until a recovery is launched well.
                  and
                  Mental stop loss will be activated after 100 to 120 pips approximately as this is where my Maximum Adverse Excursion/Maximum Favorable Excursion indicate my losers have a low probability of recovering to profit
                  • Thanks to my followers for trusting my strategy enough to allow me to trade your funds
                  • I have $54,000 USD "skin in the game" invested to this strategy myself.
                  • I work at least 12 hours per day managing my open positions, communicating on forums, analyzing my performance, and making plans to improve the execution of my strategy
                  • Trading my own funds and funds of my clients is my sole source of income
                  • Open exposure currently is 60% of my stated maximum on both high and low risk strategies
                  • Total Drawdown is 9.3% from High Water Mark on low risk
                  • Total Drawdown is 37% from High Water Mark on high risk
                  • November profit captured at Low Risk is 3% so far
                  • November profit captured at High Risk is 9.5% so far
                  • Therefore when considering profit in November we are -6.3% total for the first half of month for Low Risk and -27.7% for High Risk
                  • When drawdown reached 4-5% on Low Risk I started to seize more trade setups to slightly quicken recovery
                  • Track record shows high risk recovery time from near max drawdown has been less than 2 weeks on 2 previous high drawdowns of 40% or more!
                  • Track record shows low risk recovery time of 2 to 4 months from 2 previous drawdowns of 22%
                  • The most important investing skill I want to continue to drill into the minds of those who want to improve and keep compounding their initial capital is this: During the good times keep vigilant and withdraw profit. During the inevitable drawdowns make sure I keep within pre-determined boundaries and train your mind that Loss Aversion is one of the biggest limiting factors in this type of Alternative Investing / FX Trading.
                  • I believe this is a strong characteristic of this strategy and its execution
                  • Both strategies have been described as aggressive and risk must exist in order to capture the above average returns that both strategies have done since last relative minimum on the equity curve in April 2018 for low risk and August 2018 on high risk
                  • I have remained within the pre-determined max risk for drawdown
                  • As far as Maximum Adverse Excursion you can see in the image below that the greatest excursion is 160 pips. This is slightly higher than my pre-determined max of 120, but I decided to allow one more day to see how prices behave on a Monday. I do not like closing losing positions on a Friday because oftentimes prices do not behave normally on a Friday.
                  MidNovUpdate.JPG
                  Hey Mate

I read today that Halifax NZ has gone into administration. Is your master account not at Halifax NZ?

It seems they are freezing all transactions.

Whats your plans?

Drcdp.
                  Last edited by Drcdp; 11-27-2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drcdp View Post

Hey Mate

I read today that Halifax NZ has gone into administration. Is your master account not at Halifax NZ?

It seems they are freezing all transactions.

Whats your plans?

Drcdp.

Hi Drcdp and everyone

Yes I guess this is just what happens in FX sometimes. In the news article below, you can read what's currently happening. Fortunately, I can switch master accounts quite easily, and it comes at a good time in this stage of my basket position (a time when I do not add until the new month on the low risk signal). It's a great example of why we all should spread out our risk, because you never know when a brokerage is going to get into financial trouble. I spoke with a few very experienced brokerage firm partners and they are extremely surprised by this news, and they believe it will have quite a large impact in the NZ/Australian investment / finance space.

As usual though with me, I try to seize every potentially negative situation and use it to accomplish something good.
                    For a while now, I've been planning a couple new improved trade copying signals for the new year, and this means once your current month of subscription ends, I would like to ask my valued subscribers to move over to one of these new signals or one of my other signals. This only affects the one signal: Outside the Box / Outside the Box HK / Outside the Box Ichimoku Scalping.
                    Let me know if you have any other questions.

This is to help with latency between servers, and due to Halifax Investment Services unexpectedly going into "external administration" this past week.
                    See news article here: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12166975

Comment

• Hey,

I'm also sorry to see you effected by this. It's never nice to be involved with these situations. I pray it all works out for you.

With regard to the current subscriptions, will you continue to monitor/trade the existing open trades? I assume you won't be adding new trades? When/if we swap to the new signal, we'll obviously have to close the open trades or trade them ourselves.

With regard to the new signals, can you please advise if New Year means sometime in January 2019 or after?

I just signed up with a new account a week ago. I'm assuming based on this I should cancel the subscription and wait for the new one? I also have another subscription through to February 2019.

Thanks

Saint023

Comment

• Originally posted by saint023 View Post
                        Hey,

I'm also sorry to see you effected by this. It's never nice to be involved with these situations. I pray it all works out for you.

With regard to the current subscriptions, will you continue to monitor/trade the existing open trades? I assume you won't be adding new trades? When/if we swap to the new signal, we'll obviously have to close the open trades or trade them ourselves.

With regard to the new signals, can you please advise if New Year means sometime in January 2019 or after?

I just signed up with a new account a week ago. I'm assuming based on this I should cancel the subscription and wait for the new one? I also have another subscription through to February 2019.

Thanks

Saint023
                        Thank you for your prayers. I daily put my life and will in the hands of my loving Higher Power and do the best I can making wise decisions.
                        Well really their is very little effect on subscribers, as I continue to manage open positions (yesterday I closed 1 of 5 remaining open trades in the current basket) and I had no plans to add to the overall position before month end regardless of the master account being set to "close only" (cannot add new trades until I switch to new master account in December 2018) mode.

I have made a plan for subscribers to make it easy for you guys to switch over to the new low risk Master Signal if that's the one you subscribe to.
                        I recommend sticking with this low risk master account signal until it is shut down.
                        Commitment from me is that the new low risk signal will have 2 week Free Trial period for all subscribers just in case you have part of your current month of subscription remaining. This new Outside the Box Ichimoku Scalping signal will be ready in the first week of December.
                        The new (high risk) Outside the Box Zero Spread Scalping will be available on SimpleTrader in December as well, sometime by mid month.
                        I also would like to close the remaining 4 open trades before I deactivate this signal, but I will advise on this by end of week / end of month.

As I said before, the only current signal being phased out is the Master Signal with 22 months track record.

Comment

• Hi what about the high risk signal I'm currently subscribed to that

Comment

• Originally posted by phynicle View Post
                            Hi what about the high risk signal I'm currently subscribed to that
                            This has not been affected at all, as it is with a different broker, so it continues exactly the same as before.

Comment

• I am quite sure you will get your money back. I think the parent company was ASIC regulated and the NZ sub by the FSA. I dont think it will have much impact on the NZ/AUS brokerage scene. Halifax was a small player, effectively just a white label broker for interactive brokers.

Comment

• Originally posted by leonardojohn
                                Wow so much of negativity on www.triangularfx.com, guys chat with them as I have only made good profits with them and they have one of the best post customer support service I have dealt with in recent times.

Please do not post spam to this thread. Make your own thread and advertise there please.

Comment

Working...
                                X