Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by monira

Would u like to diversify your investment portfolio with an innovative trading system?

KEY FACTORS:
    - Only 1-2% risk per week
    - Extra ordinary risk management policy with VPS protection
    - Very good reward vs risk
    - Strategies and risk diversifying facility
    - Solid and stable growth for life time

LIVE TRADING PERFORMANCE:
    https://www.myfxbook.com/members/mon...reward/2532208

PAST 10 YEARS BACKTEST RESULT:
    1xRisk - https://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/...-1xrisk/135322
    2xRisk - https://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/...-2xrisk/135297

I look forward to hearing from you. If you have any further discussion, feel free to ask anything.
    "VPS protection " & "Strategies and risk diversifying facility"

Now that sounds like a vacuum cleaner sales man.
    ​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by monira

Please explain. How rude? and How unprofessional?
      Don't be jealous.
      Rude that you are advertising your trading in another traders thread?? What is there to be jealous of? I have 2 commercial EAs that have better performance than your trading stats. That along with a rare few traders I follow, my end of the year always looks great! Hijacking anothjer SPs thread just tells us that you are in fact jealous of the attention he receives and that you are desperate since you have no followers of your own services? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by RenkoGuy

Why dont you remove his anwser it don't belong in this thread !

Or do you only remove my anwsers ?
        I will remove his answer if OutsideTheBoxHK flags it as a request.

Comment

• Hey guys. Right now I am having many deep thoughts about my career, how it developed, and how hard it was.
          I most appreciate at this stage that there are now some who support me.
          I also appreciate that there are some who will piggy back off my knowledge, my exposure, etc to get where they want to go.
          For me to succeed, at this stage I would like to think that it doesn't mean I have to be so protective that I hurt others in any way. May we all prosper on this planet!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Westie
            I'm not invested, I just read a post on another forum - it was someone following your high risk 2 account.

I guess he was running at increased risk or some weird lot sizing as none of your accounts on myfxbook have blown up.

My apologies, I guess you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

Comment

• as far as the High Risk Strategy 2 mentioned in the previous posts, I have nearly recovered all lost profit from the HIgh Water Mark now.

I have personally helped at least 5 investors with margin / risk issues and want to report re the current situation ON THE HIGH RISK STRATEGY 1
              I have had groups of people wanting more regular community updates on forums ---- for low risk, medium risk, and high risk strategies that I manage -- although normally they don't care unless we are experiencing a drawdown.

I only have so much time to explain in different ways to different trade copiers at different risk levels with different amounts of equity.
              The low risk strategy has booked 4.05% profit in January and currently stands at 4.5% open drawdown.

No matter how much I work or care for people and their investments, what limits me is that I only have so much control over what Trade Copiers are doing with their accounts, their equity, their management of open trades and their own decisions that they make on their own without consulting me. Sometimes clients choose to place additional trades of their own or trades from other signals they operate on the same trading account. This affects the risk management for this account.

I advise to not close any position that I have opened. I currently have approx 40% margin remaining in the high risk master account, but if it is in my power I will not allow these losses to go much further. I have full confidence that our losses will recover, as I also have a $10,000 account for high risk, much skin in the game, much to lose, and potentially much to lose in my professional reputation and established track record. I have most of my own funds invested at Low Risk. Smaller risk capital invested at medium risk and same for high risk investment. This also is what I believe is prudent and wise for my clients.

These situations of drawdown do arise from time to time, as some behavior in the markets is less easy to predict, so after more reflection and more contact with other traders/bankers, I will let you all know early next week what my dynamic plan is. The losses, at the very least can be minimised, which is always at the forefront of my mind, instead of acting irrationally and emotionally right at a market extreme when the momentum has nearly run its course and when the price action will revert to the mean AND continue with the larger downtrend that has been running for much longer and therefore has more weight. The USD sometimes extends its gain or loss momentum at week's end, which it will then retrace at the start of trading in the next week. This exact situation evolved most recently on week ending 4 December when AUDUSD last peaked out with extreme momentum and skewed sentiment.
              Next week open should be gap down on both GBP and AUD. See my technical analysis here: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/eieLocEz/

I have done countless hours of technical analysis that gives me conviction and confidence that my setup and current Total Open Exposure is still valid. But I cannot report all of this in written form to so many individuals. I must spend a majority of my attention and effort on trading, studying the markets, and executing my profession. Some day I will have an assistant to do all this admin work, but right now I still do it all by myself.

Will give more multi-faceted reasoning for my view next week on......

Donna Forex: https://donnaforex.com/index.php?topic=19712.0
              Darwinex Community Forum: https://community.darwinex.com/t/bux...alping/4586/56
              SimpleTrader Community Feed: https://www.simpletrader.net/user.php?do=dashboard
              and on ZuluTrade Forum: https://forum.zulutrade.com/t/outsid...alping/4778/53

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

These situations of drawdown do arise from time to time, as some behavior in the markets is less easy to predict, so after more reflection and more contact with other traders/bankers, I will let you all know early next week what my dynamic plan is. The losses, at the very least can be minimised, which is always at the forefront of my mind, instead of acting irrationally and emotionally right at a market extreme when the momentum has nearly run its course and when the price action will revert to the mean AND continue with the larger downtrend that has been running for much longer and therefore has more weight. The USD sometimes extends its gain or loss momentum at week's end, which it will then retrace at the start of trading in the next week. This exact situation evolved most recently on week ending 4 December when AUDUSD last peaked out with extreme momentum and skewed sentiment.
                Next week open should be gap down on both GBP and AUD. See my technical analysis here: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/eieLocEz/
                I just want to say that this is what I was referring to with my last post to you regarding with the trades you had opened on NFP friday after being flat which was probably the smarter choice at the time (to remain flat). Again, please dont take this as being critical of you since you are in the 2% of traders I actually do have respect for here. Those 2 positions alone killed your month. Was too much to risk on 2 very bad entries. I understand mistakes can and will happen but trading on NFP friday or any friday for that matter is a very easy correction to make in any trading method. The 2 positions alone should have been cut way earlier or managed. It was a big gamble seeing the strong reaction the market had to that support level to hold onto. A gamble that was unnecessary.

I dont make any claims to being perfect by any means but its a big lesson that every trader learns. Part of the reason that people choose manual traders over EAs is to avoid mistakes like that which end up kicking you in the back of the head in the end. Human traders have the option to avoid or to correct their mistake vs an EA will continue to trade based on the set of rules its built upon. Drawdown happens.. This is forex and the main focus will be how you make it back or were you too hasty in jumping back in and almost immediately your positions run away on you. The reason why I say this is because all of those traders using martingale and grid systems that just toss trades in hoping and praying for a retrace. Retraces they happen and sometimes they dont. When you get kicked in the back of the head, sometimes thats when its even more important to have patience for the market to show you the opportunity that its going to go short or long. No one or two trades should lose you an entire average month of gains.

Comment

• NextGen4FX have sent a pm. Thanks

Comment

• I want to add that I am very supportive of this trader and their track record. I don't want anyone taking any of my posts the wrong way. It is my personal view that this provider is the #1 signal on this site at the moment as far as safety, track record, fund management and communication with clients which is extremely important trait for a trader to have.

I applaud OTB for their accomplishments as a trader and thank you for bringing your signal to what has become a wasteland.

I have nearly 17 years trading experience myself and find it important that other traders not criticize one another but help eachother further develop themselves and their methods. The bashing and tactics used by some other traders here is extremely counter productive.
                    Last edited by NextGen4FX; 02-01-2019, 02:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabx View Post
                      NextGen4FX have sent a pm. Thanks
                      I appreciate you taking the time to PM me but I do not share the EAs that I use or the methods I use for trading. The reason is that people tend to over expose themselves or do no know what they are doing when setting up an EA which in turn ends up in that person losing money. Something I do not want to be responsible for. EAs can be very picky when it comes to broker, spread and execution. There are many factors that can change the outcome for each person. It is up to each individual to research and demo EAs themselves in various environments to see what works for them.

Comment

• Hi guys.
                        I haven't read all the messages yet, as I have learned this year that it is utmost of importance that I always deal with life/personal/trading/professional challenges on my own terms and wall off the "multiple voices" that will potentially de-rail me from achieving overall success.
                        As you can see, there is much to be learned actually from these sorts of situations, if you are resolute and determined to keep a positive outlook and not fall into only negative thinking.
                        Trading is one of the most psychologically expanding professions you can choose, as you often are alone doing it, unlike other jobs. The life lessons are oftentimes done alone and yet others judge you, make rash conclusions about your thoughts and actions, and do it all online when they themselves have not thought "do to others what you would have them do to you" -- Golden Rule.
                        Much of our modern online world has rejected this way of old-fashioned living.

I will respond in greater detail on all the forums this weekend about:

1 - What happened in recent High Risk losses, when the High Risk 1 strategy had done very well for 11 months.
                        the 200 Day Moving Average needed to be "ticked off" (and my open exposure did not provide enough wiggle room / too high risk) and there were other notable factors, like month end dollar movements, Fed Jerome Powell "stock market PUT", which I should have learned by now is usually the worst trading events for me. Another FOMC Fed inaccuracy I made was early in my online trading journey in March 2017... and I must dial down risk (smaller positions / exposure) before major Fed mtgs. I wonder if you all would provide public disclosure of the mental and psychological reasons why you have made mistakes and misjudgments. As this is what I have committed to do.

2 - What my plans are in February to once again live by my motto "learn from your mistakes and do not give up." This will mean making changes to high risk strategy and starting from scratch, updating the subscribers who've been affected.
                        3 - Tough lessons that I have learned about the way to communicate publicly and what type of communication I am willing to allow from clients, subscribers, and others interested online. This will mean changes to the way I have been operating for the first 2 years. You all have so many comments and opinions but you don't put into reality how this affects the mentality, work load, etc of the very trader who is managing your wealth. People again let their emotions cloud or destroy their restraint and discipline that is necessary for success, tranquility, and peace.

This time I allowed people to get to me, but this will not happen again.
                        Many of my professional finance colleagues have told me to not participate in forums like this, and now I see why.

The level of accessibility and scrutiny that traders like myself willingly expose ourselves to (in good faith) can lead to a detrimental negative feedback loop of consequences that disturb the harmony and stability of my professional duties and success. Others would not identify with the challenges that this type of life presents in the tough times, although those like doctors, business owners, celebrities, and professional athletes can surely understand to some extent.

Please be assured that I will continue to work, as I have done these past 2 years, to provide good profits via Forex Alternative Investment, with balance, stability, and excellence. Upon reflection, I know I can come to the table in February stronger, help others get an achievable vision, and to collaborate on this together. It is possible and I want to do it.

Low risk and Medium risk strategies have worked well for 23 months and 18 months respectively, so that is servicing trade copiers and Fund investors and Zulu investors well.

The High risk investors/traders, though, as we all have heard over and over again in these types of forums, must....
                        1 - Use relatively smaller risk capital
                        2 - Diversify in other lower risk, more stable investments (in Forex and other assets)
                        3 - withdraw profits each month, taking them off the table regularly to recover initial investment
                        4 - Have stability in your income generating activities outside Forex so you feel stronger and more able to make good decisions in high pressure situations
                        5 - work on finding good balance in life, relationships, health, and financial goals. and follow thru.

I have already begun responding to nearly 50 messages over email, instagram, private messages, and social media, so please give me ample time when it is also Month End and this means I must produce Fund Reports and Forum Updates on ROI for January. From the very beginning I have wanted to be open, as honest as possible, and offer good forex products, and this is what I have done for the most part if you look back at my whole journey - a long one indeed.
                        We each are dealing with our own lives, our own pressures, and our own goals, and so often we don't take the time to relate to others so that we understand each other and do not deal hurtfully to others. Thanks for your kind comments. I have found in the past 4.5 years of custody battle and unwanted divorce that it is these times that shape us, if we have the insight, courage, and acceptance.
                        This will be just one more brick in the wall to overall success, but it is a step backwards for sure. Time for reflection, slight tweaking to strategy that only worked for 11 months, even though the other 2 are working better. But it takes a courage that others normally do not want to exhibit themselves (or do not thoroughly understand what this means) and yet they criticise others when they are trying to do it in their own lives.

Below is an image that details the perilous journey to success as an entrepreneur, business director, and fund manager.

nevergiveup.jpg
                        Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 02-01-2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• Dear Greg,
                          Thanks for your update and frank discussion of the high risk strategy. Now that you have removed the signal, what is to become of the subscribers who paid their fees and remained on board till the end? Do you plan to launch a similar signal in the future and would you offer a complimentary month to the previous subscribers?

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

[B]This time I allowed people to get to me, but this will not happen again.
                            Many of my professional finance colleagues have told me to not participate in forums like this, and now I see why.
                            I agree this is definitely a difficult thing to deal with which is why it is important that you learn to just take things into consideration but never let them affect your plan. As a trader this is VERY difficult but in the investment world regardless of which part you participate in, communication is a must. Different traders have different opinions but communicating traders tend to outshine the rest. It is a learning curve for sure. The other option is to bring someone else in to help you with your forum activities.

Reading posts from negative people tend to become psychological and the one thing you have to learn is that what you have WORKS and that is what matters. If someone doesn't like the service you provide, they can go elsewhere. Subscribing is an option.

You are a great trader and there is nothing wrong with how you do things. Every strategy, every trader has their flaws which are always worked out over time. Even after all my time in the markets, there is still much to be learned. The problem is that there are some people out there that no matter what you do, you are always wrong and they can do better. People like that you just have to show them the door. If they can find better, I am sure they wouldn't be subscribed to your signal. They paid you for a reason. I dont just say I consider you #1 on these forums for no reason. You have proven yourself.

Comment

• OTB thanks for the update.
                              I think you are doing an excellent job and admire your transparency and honesty.

I follow the main account and have ended up at break even for the month so not a big deal.
                              If you were only providing this signal or maybe the medium risk as well, would this month have taken so much of a toll on your time, energy and emotions.
                              Were most of the people that messaged you on the high risk account?
                              Has the high risk account taken a disproportionate amount of your time and energy.
                              If so is it worth considering if you need to provide a high risk strategy.

Last edited by fabx; 02-01-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by taruh View Post
                                Dear Greg,
                                Thanks for your update and frank discussion of the high risk strategy. Now that you have removed the signal, what is to become of the subscribers who paid their fees and remained on board till the end? Do you plan to launch a similar signal in the future and would you offer a complimentary month to the previous subscribers?
                                Will let you know once I have it all sorted.
                                Yes that is along the lines I was thinking. it will be an offer to help all those recover funds they have lost recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X